What's new

Rise of Talibans - MQM sets up committees to guard its areas

Please see below. This explains why Pakistan will never see peace in coming days. These people live in Pakistan, eat in Pakistan, get themselves educated in Pakistan, make money in Pakistan, start their families in Pakistan, raise their children in Pakistan but sing Afghanistan. They don't believe in any laws and regulations, and why should they, when hey don't believe in the geography of Pakistan. They think it is all theirs, they can come and go, do whatever, nobody can or should stop them because they don't recognize the Durand's lines.

You my friend say there is no legal issue here? Can you see the problem now? I wrote all that because I knew someone will take the bait, get exposed in retaliation, and the readers will know what is the root cause of restlessness in Pakistan. See how these Afghans are robbing us from our way of life, our prosperity, our peace, and from the future of our children.

The wonderful post below (or confession if you will) gives a lot of food for thought for patriotic Pakistanis.

Control your hatred for pashtuns........you should know that in durand line agreement 1893 it was decided between British and kabul that people living within 5 miles range on either side of durand line wont need documents to cross border.......the problem is not with pashtun tribes, the problem lies in British's durand line....an attempt of british raj at that time to weaken the pashtun highlanders, who were troubling them the most, by dividing various tribes into two countries.....read the history, pashtuns rose in huge rebellion against durand line demarcation in 1897 from swat to chaman....
Blame british for this un-natural border, not us as it was imposed on us.

for your info PPPP never ruled Karachi from the very beginning, it was jamaat islami who had won from Karachi and after MQM it was jamaat islami who suffered a big blow when MQM finished jamaat's monopoly from karachi, jamaat islami was the favourite of general zia, many jamaatis they were in his majlis e shura

PPP never got more than 3 seats from Karachi like PMLN which never got more than one seat.

and it was army which did operation against MQM in 92 so i don't know why you think zia , an army dictator had made MQM, a secular party as compared to wahabi ideology of zia?

Politics can make strange bed fellows , at a time when Zia had sidelined PPP and the PPP was resisting and agitating against Gen Zia , they even had a terror outfit like Al-Zulfikar , So Gen Zia saw a natural ally in the form of MQM , an ex COAS Gen Aslam Baig has said the same on record

Politics can make strange bed fellows , at a time when Zia had sidelined PPP and the PPP was resisting and agitating against Gen Zia , they even had a terror outfit like Al-Zulfikar , So Gen Zia saw a natural ally in the form of MQM , an ex COAS Gen Aslam Baig has said the same on record

but you should explain how MQM was formed to counter PPP, its clearly jamaat islami which got hurt the most by the formation of MQM which was a long time ally of establishment who formed al badr, al shams, mujaheideens, alquaeda etc, and it was during aslam baig army operated on MQM, so your own logic makes no sense at all, zia was also not a political person, he dissolved the parliament and made majlis e shura system which has jamaat islami members and other non political people like hakeem saeed etc, MQM is a secular party and its members were all from the days of APMSO and they weren't lotas who were bought to form MQM?

Fearing backlash: MQM sets up committees to guard its areas
By Rabia Ali
Published: February 19, 2014
Share this articlePrint this pageEmail
673477-mqmflagmuttahidaqaumimovementphotomohammadnoman-1392758377-662-640x480.jpg

Strength in numbers: 20 residents are part of the watch committee formed in Mehmoodabad No. 5. PHOTO: MOHAMMAD NOMAN/EXPRESS

KARACHI:
The Muttahida Qaumi Movement has decided to set up its own neighbourhood watch committees as it fears a backlash from the militants.

As talks between the government and the Taliban negotiators dwindle, the party has ordered its leaders, parliamentarians, units and sectors representatives to help form neighbourhood committees in the city and to report any suspicious activity or person.

While ‘appeals’ to residents had been made earlier to form vigilant teams, MQM leaders said that the current situation made them take up this call once again. The party believes that their strongholds are vulnerable targets as they are on the hit list for being secular and vocal against militants. “Around one-third of the city is under the presence of militants,” said one MQM leader. “But we will defend and save Karachi in case they do any damage.”

Meanwhile, the party’s deputy convener, Nasir Jamal said that an awareness campaign has been started where residents have been asked to form committees and take up the responsibility of their own protection. They will keep an eye on who is living in their areas and what activities they are involved in.

6_zpse64ca3f0.jpg

The party’s parliamentarians are also pushing people in their constituencies to do the same. In MNA Ali Raza Abidi’s constituency of NA- 251, a 20-person committee has been formed to oversee 600 houses in Mehmoodabad No. 5. The area’s unit office is helping out as well.

Resident committees, which might not necessarily comprise MQM supporters or workers, are hiring unemployed youngsters of the area as watch guards. Residents are pooling in money to give financial support as well. “They have been told strictly to keep records of house owners in the locality, the houses being rented out and information on tenants,” explained Abidi. “This is a self-initiative and those people in the committee will not be armed.”

Abidi added that the committee will not bother the law enforcement agencies but will keep them in the loop if they come across any suspicious activity. Smaller committees are also being formed on street level. “We are preparing people to be mentally ready, so that they have immediate numbers and information of who to get in touch when the need arises.”

Korangi’s parliamentarian Ali Rashid told The Express Tribune that a door-to-door awareness campaign is also taking place in his locality to mobilise people in case of a backlash. “These committees will facilitate the law enforcement agencies in providing information and intelligence,” he said. “This does not mean that we will take the law in our own hands,” he clarified. Rashid said that the committee set-up will be difference in every locality since every place has its own dynamics.

On the other hand, police officers have called for inclusion in the committee. A police officer, who is part of a police station where a committee has been formed, said that the police should be made a member of the committee so that they can immediately tackle terrorists. There should be strong coordination between the two, he urged.

Published in The Express Tribune, February 19th, 2014.
wow i thought i would never say this but
good job mqm.
keep up this good work

MQM strongholds were already no go areas for pashtuns, for them every pashtun was taliban including ANP people.....in the new situation nothing has changed for MQM.....

Stop spreading BS & Lies - ANP's political leadership is on record that they are kicked out of all locations by Talibans , in karachi puhstuns and urdu speaking work toghether their is a significant presence of pushtuns in all areas

sure terrorists biggest weapon is eithnic divide in karachi?
but i think, its the beauty of MQM , that it has sufficiant planners, to clean the mess, not the masses in karachi?
good try, any way?
MQM has its pushtu version, in karachi!

Please see below. This explains why Pakistan will never see peace in coming days. These people live in Pakistan, eat in Pakistan, get themselves educated in Pakistan, make money in Pakistan, start their families in Pakistan, raise their children in Pakistan but sing Afghanistan. They don't believe in any laws and regulations, and why should they, when hey don't believe in the geography of Pakistan. They think it is all theirs, they can come and go, do whatever, nobody can or should stop them because they don't recognize the Durand's lines.

You my friend say there is no legal issue here? Can you see the problem now? I wrote all that because I knew someone will take the bait, get exposed in retaliation, and the readers will know what is the root cause of restlessness in Pakistan. See how these Afghans are robbing us from our way of life, our prosperity, our peace, and from the future of our children.

The wonderful post below (or confession if you will) gives a lot of food for thought for patriotic Pakistanis.
Juma juma aat din nahi howay tujey.....abey newbie kya expose kar lia? members here know my view points, i am very repetitive.
Dont need to get diarrheal over my views on durand line, tribesmen on both sides of durand dont see any wall dividing them, they are crossing it freely since thousands of years...45 to 50% of livelihood of tribals depend upon trade with afghanistan, if you try to fence and mine border , you are definately going to see a blacklash. Your racist side might say that these tribals should migrate to afghanistan, they are traitors....but remember we are not biharis of 1971, these are our lands since thousands of years, we died in thousands while defending our lands from constant invasions from central asia, we decide about our soil.....

@Pak-one: I love you my friend. Please keep using this language. Koi gaali waali do yaar, yeh "tujhey" "abey" sey maza nahin aata.

Giro to saath girey shaan e shah-sawari bhi
Zawal aye tou poorey kamaal mein aye

Last edited:
Stop spreading BS & Lies - ANP's political leadership is on record that they are kicked out of all locations by Talibans , in karachi puhstuns and urdu speaking work toghether their is a significant presence of pushtuns in all areas
Yet MQM and their workers blamed ANP for supporting taliban and providing them hiding places.

@Pak-one: I love you my friend. Please keep using this language. Koi gaali waali do yaar, yeh "tujhey" "abey" sey maza nahin aata.
Sentimental honay ki zarorat nahi. Isko gulabi urdu samaj kar hazam kar ja.

Juma juma aat din nahi howay tujey.....abey newbie kya expose kar lia? members here know my view points, i am very repetitive.
Dont need to get diarrheal over my views on durand line, tribesmen on both sides of durand dont see any wall dividing them, they are crossing it freely since thousands of years...45 to 50% of livelihood of tribals depend upon trade with afghanistan, if you try to fence and mine border , you are definately going to see a blacklash. Your racist side might say that these tribals should migrate to afghanistan, they are traitors....but remember we are not biharis of 1971, these are our lands since thousands of years, we died in thousands while defending our lands from constant invasions from central asia, we decide about our soil.....

So gentlemen, this is the problem, Pakistan belongs to Afghans, and Afghans have been ruling these lands for thousands of year (its a bit too much but when claims are made, usually they are stretched to thousands of years, who will bother to read the history?). That is why I say, if we need peace in Pakistan, we have to send all the Afghan refugees back to Afghanistan, and enforce a border between the two countries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom