What's new

Rise of Nawaz: Is PDF the reflection of our mindset?

With the news indicating a clear win for Mr Sharif in Pakistan Election 2013, I got quite confused.

We have seen so many people cheering for Imran Khan here on this very forum. Almost all of them. I thought that the victory for Imran Khan is certain but I was wrong.

I did not see great and popular support on PDF for Nawaz, as it was for Imran. I thought that PDF is the reflection of our mindset. We represent our country and express ourselves accordingly. But the results show the complete different picture.

So my first question is, is this PDF community is reflection of our society and mindset?

Now moving ahead, we see the unconditional support of Indian members for Narendra Modi or "NaMo"as they lovingly call him. Is it going to be the same (as what happened with Imran) for NaMo too in the upcoming election of India?

Share your thoughts.

Am i right when I say that there is a life outside this forum which doesn't think like us. They are not interested in nuclear war between India and Pakistan or war between India and China. They are not war mongers like us. They dont insult each other like we do. May be they are better than us and they make right decisions. Therefore I would like to congratulate Mr Sharif and hope that he does good in his term.

PDF is reflection of those who have mind

I bet the same thing is gonna happen with Modi next year.....

Altough I hate you for saying the things and repeating it online.. :P.. But even I'm quite sure about what you said for Namo..

When people of India can select a foreigner(talking about when congress won after BJPs terms in 2004 spite of good development by BJP and all other things, people of India should have out rightly rejected the a foreigner for that election, not congress I meant, but stil exactly opposite happened), In reality there is no hope.. Congress is going to ride on free mullah(Aadhar card) in next election and going to make the party..

@Cherokee @Fuego @CZAR @Rajaraja Chola @Vinod2070 @agamdilawari @Ayush @Parul

I would say , better you hold your horses. PTI's comparison with BJP is flawed.You are overlooking finer points.

Mostly, PATHANS only voted for IK and their representation in assembly abysmally low . Out of 272 seats going for poll, 209 seats belong to PUNJAB and SINDH alone.Only 35 for KPK (Only Bastion of Pathans), 14 for Balochistan,12 for FATA and 2 for FC. There is nothing like that in India.Here in INDIA, Hindus who are considered as his main vote bank are 80% of population.

In past PTI was never considered as a second option,but BJP here in India is an old time tested second option.PTI never formed government in any state let alone in centre .Hence comparison of BJP as main opposition party should be done only with main opposition party in Pakistan and that is PML-N,which is winner in this election.
.If spike in the vote share of PTI is anything to judge by then NaMo would obviously be the NEXT PM of INDIA]

KPK is composed of both pathans and non pathans. The Pathan Nationalist party ANP was defeated humiliatingly with its cheif Asfandyar wali khan the grandson of Bacha Khan got hardly 2000 votes.

and indeed the comparison is wrong because BJP is more like a religious party whereas PTI isnt

Last edited by a moderator:
KPK is composed of both pathans and non pathans. The Pathan Nationalist party ANP was defeated humiliatingly with its cheif Asfandyar wali khan the grandson of Bacha Khan got hardly 2000 votes.

and indeed the comparison is wrong because BJP is more like a religious party whereas PTI isnt

BJP is not religious party.
Its a nationalist one. Though they are the political wing of RSS btw.

thats a patronizing view of electorate. People know who they want and why they want somebody to be elected. Issues that are important to us might not be important to them.

Quite right! Political ideology is full of contradictions in our country. Large section of people tend to go by face & legacy rather than prevailing issues. Hence there is no end to the struggle...

BJP is main opposition party here in INDIA like your PML (N).
screenshot1205201313210.png

BJP is main opposition party here in INDIA like your PML (N).

BJP is not religious party like those fringe parties you got in pakistan. They are center right party like BNP in bangladesh or PML-N in pakistan.

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Isn't Bachha Khan is defeated by another Pathan.Even if I cosider BJP as religious party then it's main opposition party in India. And your country(IRP) doesn't need one religious since it doesn't need one.

I also think that Modi is not going be our Next PM, as there are many voices against him within the party or UPA. Further, all these internet polling's/debate's i.e IK example on PDF is the biggest humbug and what happens in reality is totally different...

Ain't we aware as of the fact that After Shri Atalji's tenure and elections entire country was upbeat on BJP Retaining the power.. After all the hard work and efforts of Shri AtalJi what was the outcome?? BJP Lost...

Still majority of the voting takes place in Rural india which consists of over 70% of total population... And we so called literate or may I call urban india does not vote... Hardly 10-12 % Voting takes place...'

@Cherokee @Fuego @CZAR @Rajaraja Chola @Vinod2070 @agamdilawari @Ayush @Parul

I would say , better you hold your horses. PTI's comparison with BJP is flawed.You are overlooking finer points.

Mostly, PATHANS only voted for IK and their representation in assembly is abysmally low . Out of 272 seats going for poll, 209 seats belong to PUNJAB and SINDH alone.Only 35 for KPK (Only Bastion of Pathans), 14 for Balochistan,12 for FATA and 2 for FC. There is nothing like that in India.Here in INDIA, Hindus who are considered as his main vote bank are 80% of population.

In past PTI was never considered as a second option,but BJP here in India is an old time tested second option.PTI never formed government in any state let alone in centre .Hence comparison of BJP as main opposition party should be done only with main opposition party in Pakistan and that is PML-N,which is winner in this election.
.If spike in the vote share of PTI is anything to judge by then NaMo would obviously be the NEXT PM of INDIA.

I am afraid the comparison of Pakistani electorate with India is futile. Indian electorate is diversse, yet still wiser. The online propagation of Modi's chances, may not be reflection of India after all. Still majority of Indian population reside in villages, and online population is just a fraction.
Economic development for the poor only means, better livelihood, and thought for their next meal. They will vote for who comes to them. I doubt they even know how Modi have turned Gujarat into a industrial powerhouse.
It all depends on the BJP on the way they need to canvass. They need to concentrate much on rural pockets.
People in my village are still supporters of DMK, they vote for them. Reason? They have a strong media presence through tv and newspaper. BJP and modi will have to find a way to this, or we may be seeing Rahul Gandhi as Next PM of India.
Congress will be definitely loosing vote share in next elections due to corruption, but whether the Modi BFP combo have the power to form majority and govt, still is a question.
For India, at best, 2024 elections will be decided by internet people. For now Rural India rule the roost.

I bet, also Sushma Swaraj also have a bright chance of becoming PM. Advani is a lost case. If he jumps to the race, BJP will loose my vote too. BJP needs to announce a candidate with wider acceptance. Either Modi or Sushma.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Bachha Khan is defeated by another Pathan.Even if I cosider BJP as religious party then it's main opposition party in India. And your country(IRP) doesn't need one religious since it doesn't need one.

OPPOSITION OR NOT BJP has alot of religious vote. and this time the sentiments are more stronger

OPPOSITION OR NOT BJP has alot of religious vote. and this time the sentiments are more stronger

BJP has religious vote, no doubt about that,every multi ethnic country has parties divided along various ethics including yours.

Congress' recent array of scandals would only heip to arouse far stronger sentiments against incumbent party.10 years of rule is will certainly take it's toll on UPA.

After Justice Katju remarks that 90% of Indians are fools, Wall Street Journal actually carried out an on-line poll which appeared in one of their editions. When i came across it, the ratio was around 80:20 in favour of those who agreed with the justice.
Once i posted the survey on this very forum, within the hour the ratio swung to around 90:10 against the justice as Indian members or guests were keen not to be seen in negative, hence the results didn't represent the true reflection of the actual WSJ reader rather just some die hard internet warriors.
Suffice to say that a defence forum wouldn't exactly portray political ground realities in earnest.

Back
Top Bottom