What's new

Riots in Guangdong, China

Case closed, victory went to the local Shifang people. Construction of the factory get concelled. Central government newspaper openly blamed local officials of keep making similar mistakes of not consulting the local people with words like "how many lessons we have to learn before getting smart".

Another huge dissapointment to people who hope China will collapse.

Case closed, victory went to the local Shifang people. Construction of the factory get concelled. Central government newspaper openly blamed local officials of keep making similar mistakes of not consulting the local people with words like "how many lessons we have to learn before getting smart".

Another huge dissapointment to people who hope China will collapse.

Increasingly there are so many governmental projects and policies have been canceled or modified due to the physical demonstrations or Internet protests. It seems the people are influencing the pragmatic government to do their bidding. It makes one wonder, perhaps, this is the beginning of a evolution that will take China to her form of democracy.

Increasingly there are so many governmental projects and policies have been canceled or modified due to the physical demonstrations or Internet protests. It seems the people are influencing the pragmatic government to do their bidding. It makes one wonder, perhaps, this is the beginning of a evolution that will take China to her form of democracy.

Yeah, if a person pays close attentions to China's local affairs, it is not hard to notice the power of internet/social medias. Local protests becomes more and more efficient because the news spread in a few minutes. Internet becomes a way of voicing angers and exposing local corruptions. Some cities already have forums for local citizens to report problems. I am in software industry and this looks to me the exact way we use to report software "bugs" (logical errors). I personally feel this might be a good way in the long term. If I were Chinese president, I will have following systems:
1. A web site to report problems, open to everyone, must use real id (can be hidden to local officials).
2. Annual review of the president and local officials by citizens. You are out if score is too low.
3. Freer express but iron fist on those who spread rumors.
4. No party, no election.

Basically similar to how cooperations are managed.

Back to the topic, I always see these protests as the indication of growing middle class powers in China, which is a very positive thing. Everytime I LMAO seeing some people jump up and down and hope China suddenly collapse.

Chinese Police Crack Down on Guangdong Protesters

Authorities Order Crackdown in South China

Migrant workers clash with police in south China | Reuters

Riot Police React to Guangdong Province Factory Siege -- NTDTV.com

First thing you get on google..... perhaps, you don't have the benefit of using it. Anyway, you guys should be grateful CPC permitted internet... and defence.pk is your window to the world.

how does an indian lecture a chinese on crackdowns against protestors :rofl:

chinese find it hard to find articles such as this one because of censorship. the chinese dictators do not like anyone knowing that things are not hunky dory there. they dont like their population knowing the truth of the outside world, or the world inside china itself.

so china will downplay it and make the rest of the population believe it really was a non incident, while the whole time concealing the truth about it

Why all these ignorant statements by these anti China members in this forum without knowing the ground realities inside China. Inside China, there are many internet portals that as soon as some major events happen, the news would spread so fast and no one can stop them, including the government.

As Abraham Lincoln once said: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool...than to speak out and erase all doubt."

Those news are not censored, they are on all major portals, twitter and blogs. Check here: news.sina.com under social section.

Now who is ignorant?

MODS please look into this thread.
The thread is about riots in China, but most of the chinese member is bringing offtopic India in their posts.

Those news are not censored, they are on all major portals, twitter and blogs. Check here: news.sina.com under social section.

Now who is ignorant?

Goto first page of thread, second post, Fanling could not find the news.

The thread is about riots in China, but most of the chinese member is bringing offtopic India in their posts.

they on the defensive... they r deflecting criticism.. thats why most chinese attack you, or spew random irrelevant dribble on here. because they know they are not as good as they say, they know they are in the wrong, and they know they are full of Sheeeeet lol

Now who is ignorant?

im not ignorant.. you and your people are ignorant.. ignorant of all the facts... truth is your government censors anything they dont want known... they especially censor anything critical of the government, or what makes it look bad.

im sure you only get half the story

I think in 2015, the China might have some serious problems that are growin Tibet, Xinjiand and Guandong. Huh!!!!

Goto first page of thread, second post, Fanling could not find the news.

On Tuesday, thousands of migrant workers swarmed into Shaxi from Guangzhou, Foshan, Jiangmen and other neighboring cities,

This is the OP's statement without a link, dated Tuesday 7/3/12

I imagine "thousands of migrant workers swarmed into Shaxi'' is a big news item and it should be in headlines in HK newspapers but I couldn't find any. Here I found the city site that carries a news item, date 29/6/12 but in Chinese, basically it says:
Local gatherings as a result of arguments between two youths has been eased after the police arrested some trouble makers and now things go back to normal.

Here is my inquiry: I could not find any news items that dated 7/3/12 in Hong Kong papers, but I found a few old news items that dated 29/6/12 in China. I question the OP article's truthfulness and ask him for a link in which he never provide.

My post also indicate no such news for 7/3 in HK but I didn't check if there was any for 29/6 because it's immaterial. So I went in the city sites in China and find many articles involving the incident but nothing, just as HK, on the new date.

If I can find negative news articles in China about China but not in HK, it means China doesn't suppress news events.

Shardul, I think you're better than that.

Yes the mod should look into this matter. If the OP can not provide a link he should be banned. The burden of proof is on him, not us.

Whatever . Chinese are Capable enough to deal with Miscreants . Best of Luck

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom