What's new

Riot for Votes, the politicization of bloodshed.

hey buddy...if you're saying we need secularism of the sort that's in france, I agree. But if you're telling me that Modiji or his brigade is the one that's bringing it in- welll...you can take some of the pot that @kurup has been smoking today...very good quality :cheers:

Yeah but it's not there in YOUR post is what I was saying. You're attacking SP and Congress (fair enough) accusing them of 'vote bank' politics, fact is BJP doing the exact same thing. According to @Marxist it isn't vote bank politics but an effort to save 'mothers and daughters' of hindus out of their noble intentions

So will Rahul baba bring in true secularism? I believe the ship sailed when his father created the Shah Bano fiasco. That alone should have stripped any semblance of secularism from him and those who followed his lead. You do remember that case, no? How much money was that poor woman to receive, what was the SC judgement and what the government did to render it null and void. IF you are a secularist then it behooves you declaim the congress just as you have done the RSS and the cohorts that arise from therein or else you're being quite selective. Might want to hit that pot yourself, although take my advise and try some Manala super cream.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
hey buddy...if you're saying we need secularism of the sort that's in france, I agree. But if you're telling me that Modiji or his brigade is the one that's bringing it in- welll...you can take some of the pot that @kurup has been smoking today...very good quality :cheers:

Yeah but it's not there in YOUR post is what I was saying. You're attacking SP and Congress (fair enough) accusing them of 'vote bank' politics, fact is BJP doing the exact same thing. According to @Marxist it isn't vote bank politics but an effort to save 'mothers and daughters' of hindus out of their noble intentions

You can ask better pot from Rahul Baba . His last few speeches will attest to that .

Vote bank politics played by anybody is a dangerous game .

Last edited by a moderator:
So will Rahul baba bring in true secularism? I believe the ship sailed when his father created the Shah Bano fiasco. That alone should have stripped any semblance of secularism from him and those who followed his lead. You do remember that case, no? How much money was that poor woman to receive, what was the SC judgement and what the government did to render it null and void. IF you are a secularist then it behooves you declaim the congress just as you have done the RSS and the cohorts that arise from therein or else you're being quite selective. Might want to hit that pot yourself, although take my advise and try some Manala super cream.:lol:

I think all this fiasco about radicalization of our people started with this Shah Bano fiasco, I mean all these incidents like Babri Masjid, this separate civil code, this polarization of people in the name of religion, all could have avoided if that stupid government had got their act straight.. We are still paying the price of that women's tears... One wrong move by the government and we are still paying the price for it..

I think all this fiasco about radicalization of our people started with this Shah Bano fiasco, I mean all these incidents like Babri Masjid, this separate civil code, this polarization of people in the name of religion, all could have avoided if that stupid government had got their act straight.. We are still paying the price of that women's tears... One wrong move by the government and we are still paying the price for it..

Rajiv opened the door and every fundoo worth his salt rushed in. Lakh laanat on that cursed fool.

Rajiv opened the door and every fundoo worth his salt rushed in. Lakh laanat on that cursed fool.

Even worse, inorder to cover this Shah Bano fiasco, congress itself bring the Ayodhya incident into politics.. The real culprit was congress not RSS, BJP or any other radical organisations.. It disgusts me when they talk about secularism and minority rights.. :angry:

Even worse, inorder to cover this Shah Bano fiasco, congress itself bring the Ayodhya incident into politics.. The real culprit was congress not RSS, BJP or any other radical organisations.. It disgusts me when they talk about secularism and minority rights.. :angry:

Rajiv opened the doors for worshiping not for demolitions

[Bregs];4786608 said:
Rajiv opened the doors for worshiping not for demolitions

He opened the door for making it a controversy to shift the focus to Hindu nationalists and radicals.. What was the problem if it had been remain closed?? He alone was the solely responsible for all the things happened afterwards..

The Shah Bano case opened the doors for what again?

The decision was reversed by parliament now it can be termed as appeasement or either non interference in there affairs of Muslims. It didn't cause blood shed which followed after 1992 demolitions

[Bregs];4786654 said:
The decision was reversed by parliament now it can be termed as appeasement or either non interference in there affairs of Muslims. It didn't cause blood shed which followed after 1992 demolitions

Appeasement was it? I see, intervening and rendering a SC judgement void. Indeed, appeasement- it was blatant and naked communal politics and pandering to the orthodox elements in a certain community of the worse kind.

[Bregs];4786654 said:

RG behaved shamelessly on the Shah Bano case. A clearer example of the worst kind of political chicanery would be hard to find. He left Arif Mohammed Khan hung out to dry, that chap alone was worth his weight in gold. To counter the angry Hindu reaction, he acting with Arun Nehru, decided to open the locks in Ayodhya. The rest is history. The BJP ran with the issue & to counter them V.P. Singh brought in Mandal. RG was responsible for pretty much all of one of India's darkest chapters.

RG behaved shamelessly on the Shah Bano case. A worse example of the worst kind of political chicanery would be hard to find. He left Arif Mohammed Khan hung out to dry, that chap alone was worth his weight in gold. To counter the angry Hindu reaction, he acting with Arun Nehru, decided to open the locks in Ayodhya. The rest is history. The BJP ran with the issue & to counter them V.P. Singh brought in Mandal. RG was responsible for pretty much all of one of India's darkest chapters.

Have we forgotten what he did to stem all the criticism and the bofors fiasco, IPKF- Our jawans dead- mutilated and their affects used as trophies because a certain someone wrote down the rules of engagement on a single piece of paper and never conducted a recce of the AO.:angry: I wouldn't pi$$ on him if he was on fire.

RG behaved shamelessly on the Shah Bano case. A worse example of the worst kind of political chicanery would be hard to find. He left Arif Mohammed Khan hung out to dry, that chap alone was worth his weight in gold. To counter the angry Hindu reaction, he acting with Arun Nehru, decided to open the locks in Ayodhya. The rest is history. The BJP ran with the issue & to counter them V.P. Singh brought in Mandal. RG was responsible for pretty much all of one of India's darkest chapters.

I can't talk about ayodhya, but I can say that it is not unconventional to allow distinctive groups to evolve themselves. In the end the muslim women of India need to protest and fight this- not us, happens in many parts of the world. And I can't see how issues muslim personal law can remove corruption. Instead of focussing on this, we should look at other issues on a war footing.

Back
Top Bottom