What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

Britain already had 10 golds, I predict China to get at least three more golds from diving, two from table tennis and around three to four from badminton, I'm not sure about the other sports.

I follow Badminton, and it will extremely lucky for China if they get three or four golds from Badminton. This time the Chinese squad is far weaker than it was in London.

Haha, are you "thick" "loser" & "naive":omghaha::cheesy::cheers::rofl::guns::guns::devil:

Joking aside, sir, I have better options buddy

63606579d7b4c10acca7387c44cdeb79.jpg
lumos-bike-helmet-front-view-white-helmet-lights-illuminated-970x647-c.jpg

ps anyone who doesnt know the above "labels" please refer to @Zsari and @TaiShang for details

What? the Chinese helmet is better than the illuminated one.

Dude take your naysaying and schadenfraed the fcuk outa here. There is an Indian Olympic thread that deserves your negativity.
The race for the fastest man
Men 100m race
Our sprinters Xie Zhenye @10:08 Su Bingtian @10:17 (edited)were qualified for the semi-finals

fb560cc6014c8de_size677_w1024_h733.jpg

200x133_4c3951acf4454ca9908f42b6f1c9f01d.jpg

2a3b50e6d3f44712ba04b139b128e7e7.jpg

Xie

xeaNqoIfbBHk.jpg

23241471113732.jpg

Su

1_580_403.jpg

Zhang Peimeng - to miss the semi. Disappointing

I wish we can get a medal in 4 x 100m

134651158.jpg

Gold Medallists
1c6f655189a5174bfe9606.jpg

谢震业、苏炳添、张培萌、 莫有雪

2015年8月29日,在北京田径世锦赛男子4×100米决赛中,谢震业和莫有雪、苏炳添、张培萌代表中国队以38秒01的成绩摘银,创造亚洲历史
Gold medalists: Aug 29, 2015
Team China set a new Asian record @38:01 in Men 4x100m in the Athletics World Championships held in Beijing

I watched that race. I finally believe the Canadian commentator made sense with Xie's style. His running is not fluid as he shifts his shoulder right and left too much. Should he correct that, it could increase his speed.

I've also noticed that the fast sprinters have no hair or very very short hair. I think if he shaved it off it will improve his time due to being more aerodynamic. Also he makes hand into a fist when he runs. He should open his hands like the other guys, less wind resistance, possibly faster time.

What? the Chinese helmet is better than the illuminated one.

Man they are top of the professionals. They are doing whatever to win
Me for fun only

I watched that race. I finally believe the Canadian commentator made sense with Xie's style. His running is not fluid as he shifts his shoulder right and left too much. Should he correct that, it could increase his speed.

I've also noticed that the fast sprinters have no hair or very very short hair. I think if he shaved it off it will improve his time due to being more aerodynamic. Also he makes hand into a fist when he runs. He should open his hands like the other guys, less wind resistance, possibly faster time.

Good points
Those said may be true
They may use a computer simulated analysis to perfect the posture

Britain already had 10 golds, I predict China to get at least three more golds from diving, two from table tennis and around three to four from badminton, I'm not sure about the other sports.

Your estimate is reasonable
3 to 4 golds from badmintons are not impossible China is still at top of the pack
Table Tennis should be a sweep again So that accounts for 2 golds
Diving has 4 events to go Last world championships we clinched 10 out of 13 golds So prudently we can still get 3 golds
So down side 8, up side 10 golds
We can still pick up gold medals in men or women artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, synchronised swimming, track and field, taekwondo, sailing so we can maintain an overall 2nd position over Britian but the gap is likely be narrower

Ofcourse they are not impossible. Nothing is impossible.

But it would be a tough ask for 3-4 gold medals.

Can be done, but a tough ask, and a lower probability of it happening.

Let's see how the matches are playing out
We do not fantasize victories. We win them

@Jlaw

Did you see the picture behind the "labels" and many simlies? :azn:;)

Last edited:
Man they are top of the professionals. They are doing whatever to win
Me for fun only

Good points
Those said may be true
They may use a computer simulated analysis to perfect the posture

Your estimate is reasonable
3 to 4 golds from badmintons are not impossible China is still at top of the pack
Table Tennis should be a sweep again So that accounts for 2 golds
Diving has 4 events to go Last world championships we clinched 10 out of 13 golds So prudently we can still get 3 golds
So down side 8, up side 10 golds
We can still pick up gold medals in men or women artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, synchronised swimming, track and field, taekwondo, sailing so we can maintain an overall 2nd position over Britian but the gap is likely be narrower

These judges have an agenda against Chinese and Russian athletes.

It's like the judges have been bribed to deny China and Russia any victories. These games have been one carefully schemed setup by the West against both China and Russia.

Many Chinese gymnastics athletes were blatantly robbed.

The level of anti-Chinese and anti-Russia propaganda from Western mouthpieces are at all time high levels.

These games were fixed for the US, UK and Australia to win.

Keep the Russians out, keep the Chinese down, and keep the Anglos at the top.

These Olympics should be called the 'Political Games'.

These judges have an agenda against Chinese and Russian athletes.

It's like the judges have been bribed to deny China and Russia any victories. These games have been one carefully schemed setup by the West against both China and Russia.

Many Chinese gymnastics athletes were blatantly robbed.

The level of anti-Chinese and anti-Russia propaganda from Western mouthpieces are at all time high levels.

These games were fixed for the US, UK and Australia to win.

Keep the Russians out, keep the Chinese down, and keep the Anglos at the top.

These Olympics should be called the 'Political Games'.

What you said Sir is happening all along in Olympics as long as the IOC is fully controlled by countries with vested interests since the dawn of the Games
I am not sure about China's weight in making decisions for IOC but judging from the extremely small number of Chinese who are appearing in medals presentation ceremonies, the picture is indeed very grim

Let face the bad results bravely.
How they could put China down in swimming, shooting... For example

I am sorry to say you are not yet up to the level of seeing what's going on in Olympics as a whole
So I would suggest you to leave meaningful discussions for us to handle and dispatch your one or two liners in other threads, like those related to your perceived ally in South Asia

I am sorry to say you are not yet up to the level of seeing what's going on in Olympics as a whole
So I would suggest you to leave meaningful discussions for us to handle and dispatch your one or two liners in other threads, like those related to your perceived ally in South Asia

I have to remind you , there is no ally in sport games, or you are trying to derail the thread, and be coward to face the bad results

We don't really care about gold results more and more. I know you can read Chinese. You skip every a Chinese sports website, my words can be approved. Yes, some little disappointment I don't deny. But gold metal isn't a "must", otherwise it's disaster. No, we have come to another level, dude, we start to enjoy sport games. Catch up with us, dude, once you were ever on the top of gold medal list, you won't be like an obsessive. Howeve, we still have dreams of football, basketball, volleyball, race, swimming, everything.

We don't really care about gold results more and more. I know you can read Chinese. You skip every a Chinese sports website, my words can be approved. Yes, some little disappointment I don't deny. But gold metal isn't a "must", otherwise it's disaster. No, we have come to another level, dude, we start to enjoy sport games. Catch up with us, dude, once you were ever on the top of gold medal list, you won't be like an obsessive. Howeve, we still have dreams of football, basketball, volleyball, race, swimming, everything.
Exactly.

Yesterday I searched for some news about swimming, I just couldn't believe how harsh Australian media was on their girls, the famous Campbell sisters. They made the girls' failure on the first page and so directly showed their disrespect and doubt towards the sisters. Such low life prestitution! Nearly all their newspaper did the same thing on Satuday!

I agree we have disappointment and we have missed at least 5-6 golds which we deserve. But the society, especially the younger generation, show their utmost respect to our sportsmen/women no matter they win or not. One of our weightlifter quitted the final because of his physical conditions, we have not shown the slightest disrespect to him unlike the chemistry student from Mumbai @Bussard Ramjet .

If their performance disappoint us, then we should ask ourselves what the country can do to help them achieve better performance next time.

Exactly.

Yesterday I searched for some news about swimming, I just couldn't believe how harsh Australian media was on their girls, the famous Campbell sisters. They made the girls' failure on the first page and so directly showed their disrespect and doubt towards the sisters. Such low life prestitution! Nearly all their newspaper did the same thing on Satuday!

I agree we have disappointment and we have missed at least 5-6 golds which we deserve. But the society, especially the younger generation, show their utmost respect to our sportsmen/women no matter they win or not. One of our weightlifter quitted the final because of his physical conditions, we have not shown the slightest disrespect to him unlike the chemistry student from Mumbai @Bussard Ramjet .

If their performance disappoint us, then we should ask ourselves what the country can do to help them achieve better performance next time.

Yes, that's what I meant, agreed.

Yes, that's what I meant, agreed.
We must learn the lessons from those less-than-expected performances.
But the least thing we will do is to blame them, as what the Australian media has done this weekend, blaming one of their most hardworking swimmers the Campbell sisters and defaming their capability.

If our training methods are outdated and unscientific, then we overhaul the system and fix it.
If our sportsmen/women have too much media exposure and spend too much time for the commercial activities earning money for the sport authority, then we must stop such tendency and prioritise trainings over shooting photos for the fashion magazines.

I have confidence for the next Summer Olympics. China will always learn and improve.
Let our anti-Japan-invasion national anthem echo on the Japanese land!

catchpic%2F7%2F7F%2F7FC483976F0B3F9A37B29663314BE6D9.jpg
IMGa4badbfd7b1342115378930.jpeg
IMGa4badbfd7b1342115378828.jpeg
IMGa4badbfd7b1342115378829.jpeg

@Götterdämmerung @Gibbs @PaklovesTurkiye @Godman

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom