What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

I know wiki is not a reliable source but is this true, or made up by Kazakstan offical?

Wikipedia:
"However, according to official Kazakh records, Zulfiya was born 25 July 1993 in Almaty, Kazakhstan. Her father Salakhar Chinshanlo is a businessman who speaks fluently both Russian and Dungan language."

the helmet looks cool
Made up. She is 100% Chinese from Hunan Province.

Wow, the Philippines got a silver also. Impressive.
Philippines has surpassed India!
Congrats to Pinoy!

Gosh there are so many even smaller countries that won medals.
Like Malaysia got one Silver.:-)
Like Singapore got one gold and Olympic record.:woot:

So much for demographic dividend :laughcry:
Even the newly founded Kosovo!
Such a great moment for countries like Kosovo, Vietnam and Fiji!

屏幕快照 2016-08-13 17.58.17.png

屏幕快照 2016-08-13 17.58.27.png

屏幕快照 2016-08-13 17.58.34.png

屏幕快照 2016-08-13 17.58.40.png

Last edited:
Not entirely true

Table Tennis was first introduced in 1988 which had the format of singles and doubles for men and women (4 gold medals in total)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_tennis_at_the_1988_Summer_Olympics

Until 2008, they replaced doubles events with team events but the total number of gold medals remained at 4 (2 singles and 2 teams) and the same thereafter in every Olympics until today
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_tennis_at_the_Summer_Olympics

However, the omission of mixed doubles and doubles are very odd
In tennis as well as in badminton, they all have 5 events: 2 singles 2 doubles and 1 mixed (no team event). So in view of China's supreme dominance in TT, we lose the chance of winning one additional gold (at least :angry:)

But I totally agree to the exclusion in Olympics of bloody Equestrian (6 events) which is a sport designed for the rich countries

" Equestrianism is not a cheap sport – it never has been. And really, it’s no longer a sport for the amateur, either, unless they’re independently wealthy. It is fast becoming a sport for monied nations" and
"The Brits are saying that for them to send a full eight teams to WEG, it will cost about $NZ 3.4 million. We won’t have that problem, at this stage anyway, with just two eventers and six jumping riders named on WEG squads. There’s no word yet on the dressage hopefuls. individuals."
""

http://www.horsetalk.co.nz/2010/02/18/counting-the-cost-of-equestrian-sport/#axzz4H8m9Dbua

MONEY MATTERS – HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO RIDE AT THE OLYMPICS?
http://horsejunkiesunited.com/?p=26564

First of all, Olympic remove sport that country dominate the majority of it, case in point, Baseball and Softball was dominated by Cuba and US respectively, and they were removed as a sport for this since 2004 exact reason. If a sport event is dominated by a articular country for a long while it will be remove from the schedule and new sport are pull in.

Do remember, Olympic game is about initiate competition, not about domination.

Also, It does not make sense for table tennis to have a mixed match, as the table is the same (Border of a tennis court is different between Single and Double) and also the distant cover by tennis is a lot greater than table tennis, the physicality of tennis player demanding more than in table tennis, and also , male serve and female receive (and vice versa) is not much of a impact in table tennis, but they are in tennis (of course unless you are Serena Williams)

Mixed Table tennis would have the same demand and result as with simple double, hence making the game reductant, this is the official reason why 2016 Olympic does not have mixed table tennis in its schedule (after inquiry)

And no, Equestrian is not just a sport designed for Rich Country. It's like saying horse riding is only for rich country. Equestrian is about time and skill, much like gymnastic, the only different is that you do in on a horse, instead of in an apparatus Any country who have a horse can participate, and especially, many African country was in Olympic Equestrian, country like Zimbabwe, South Africa, Egypt and a lot of South American country too.

Not sure if the question had been answered. IOC quota has it that every country can only send 10 athletes, 6 men & 4 women, so out of 15 weight class forget about sending two for every class, can't even send one for each. Common problem when China dominates in the field. Table tennis use to have doubles and mixed double, now these 3 event has been removed altogether.

This has done to all sport and not just Chinese dominated sport.

Archery (Which was dominated by Korean)
Cycling (Which was dominated by GBR)
Taekwondo (Which was dominated by Japan)
Boxing (Which was dominated by GBR/Cuba)
Golf (Which was dominated by US)
Swimming (Which was dominated by US)

and the list go on.

Also, there are several sport that dominated by non-Asian country were removed and/or not considered for Olympic games.

3 on 3 basketball (3 medals if made Olympics)
indoor soccer (2 medals)
IPSC (Shooting Sport) (15 medals (Men's, Women's, Senior, Junior, Open, in Hand Gun, Rifle and Shotgun if made Olympics)
Other Shooting Sport (Not IPSC and non-current ISSF Olympic sport) (20+ medal[Service Pistol, Service Rifle, Shotgun, Precision Shooting, target Shooting and etc] if they were in the Olympics)
Baseball (2 Medals in Olympics)
Softball (2 Medals in the Olympics)
Polo (2 Medals in the Olympics)
Rugby union (2 Medals)
Netball (1/2 medals)
Cricket (2 medals)

Of those, IPSC really hurt as they are a result from the production rivalry between ISSF and IPSC which Olympic Committee not considered that as an Olympic sport solely because IOC only recognize ISSF as sole IOC shooting discipline and ISSF refused to admit IPSC into its category. A sport which heavily dominated by US and some European nation and are more popular than ISSF shooting events.

Last edited:
First of all, Olympic remove sport that country dominate the majority of it, case in point, Baseball and Softball was dominated by Cuba and US respectively, and they were removed as a sport for this since 2004 exact reason. If a sport event is dominated by a articular country for a long while it will be remove from the schedule and new sport are pull in.

Do remember, Olympic game is about initiate competition, not about domination.

Also, It does not make sense for table tennis to have a mixed match, as the table is the same (Border of a tennis court is different between Single and Double) and also the distant cover by tennis is a lot greater than table tennis, the physicality of tennis player demanding more than in table tennis, and also , male serve and female receive (and vice versa) is not much of a impact in table tennis, but they are in tennis (of course unless you are Serena Williams)

Mixed Table tennis would have the same demand and result as with simple double, hence making the game reductant, this is the official reason why 2016 Olympic does not have mixed table tennis in its schedule (after inquiry)

And no, Equestrian is not just a sport designed for Rich Country. It's like saying horse riding is only for rich country. Equestrian is about time and skill, much like gymnastic, the only different is that you do in on a horse, instead of in an apparatus Any country who have a horse can participate, and especially, many African country was in Olympic Equestrian, country like Zimbabwe, South Africa, Egypt and a lot of South American country too.
Then why isn't basketball remove from the Olympics? LOL Don't talk if you don't know. :rofl:

Any sports that require huge money to play, they should get rid of it so yes Equestrian should be removed from the Olympics. If a sport is not play by the normal, average people, then it shouldn't be in the Olympics. It is that simple.

Then why isn't basketball remove from the Olympics? LOL Don't talk if you don't know. :rofl:

Had US did not lose 2004 title, it may as well be the case.

The problem is, the world of basketball is closer than you think than say Table Tennis

2 days ago, Australia teams give Team USA a run for their money for Team USA to win 96-86, and yesterday, It was repeated again with Serbia which US won 94-91, just one basket differnet the result would have been turned otherwise,, just because China lose by 57 points does not mean all around the world are the same. Most other country are at least on par with team USA (Spain, Australia, Serbia), Team USA have to fight for it to get to the gold, just because they don't need to do it with China, does not mean the rest of the world is as easy target as China, that just means China sucks at Basketball, nothing else.

Had US did not lose 2004 title, it may as well be the case.

The problem is, the world of basketball is closer than you think than say Table Tennis

2 days ago, Australia teams give Team USA a headache for winning 96-86, and yesterday, It was repeated again with Serbia which US won 94-91, just because China lose by 57 points does not mean all around the world are the same. Most other country are at least on par with team USA, Team USA have to fight for it to get to the gold, just because they don't need to do it with China, does not mean the rest of the world is as easy target as China, that just means China sucks at Basketball, nothing else.
LOL.

Do you want to know the reason or not? Consider I am basketball player in my young day and an NBA fan. What you said is absolutely junk!

LOL.

Do you want to know the reason or not? Consider I am basketball player in my young day and an NBA fan. What you said is absolutely junk!

Junk? Did you watch the 2 games I said previously??

Australia vs Team USA on Wednesday and Team USA vs Serbia Yesterday?

So, you are saying US win Serbia 94 to 91 just last night with a 3 points different is a one sided game??

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...erbia-olympics-basketball-20160812-story.html

Again, just because you sucks at basketball, that does not mean no one in the world can challenge team USA, do you even know how close US got to lose last night game to Serbia? The result is really down to 1 or 2 bucket.

Maybe you need to watch the games first before you talk.......If you are really a basketball fan..What is the last time China Ping Pong player got into such a tight game with player from another nation?

And I don't need to play in NBA to know that (Although I did play NCAA Division 2 level basketball and baseball for University of Colorado)

Last edited:
Junk? Did you watch the 2 games I said previously??

Australia vs Team USA on Wednesday and Team USA vs Serbia Yesterday?

So, you are saying US win Serbia 94 to 91 with a 3 points different is a one sided game??

Again, just because you sucks at basketball, that does not mean no one in the world can challenge team USA, do you even know how close US got to lose last night game to Serbia? The result is really down to 1 or 2 bucket.
LOL Those teams would not have last in the 2nd quarter if the US top players were to play in this tournament. I want to remind you, 4 of the Top 5 NBA players didn't participate (Lebron, Curry, Westbrook, CP3). You can even add Kawhi and Anthony Davis to that list of non-participants. In fact, only 1 legit superstar Kevin Durant and the rest of the USA Team are basically fringe all-star and role players. It is the one of the weakest US team put together. The only reason they lost in 2004 was guys pull out because of terrorism and it was a team put together in 3 days.

Talking basketball to me is like talking to a expert. I'm doing basketball statistical analysis as a hobby. LOL

LOL Those teams would not have last in the 2nd quarter if the US top players were to play in this tournament. I want to remind you, 4 of the Top 5 NBA players didn't participate (Lebron, Curry, Westbrook, CP3). You can even add Kawhi and Anthony Davis to that list of non-participants. In fact, only 1 legit superstar Kevin Durant and the rest of the USA Team are basically fringe all-star and role players. It is the one of the weakest US team put together. The only reason they lost in 2004 was guys pull out because of terrorism and it was a team put together in 3 days.

Talking basketball to me is like talking to a expert. I'm doing basketball statistical analysis as a hobby. LOL

Referring you to FIBA World Championship in 2014.

We have Curry, Rose and Harden also Antony Davis,

Score line the Team USA score are similar outlook than this team.

USA - Turkey - 98 - 77 (21 points different)
USA - Mexico - 86 - 63 (23 points different)
USA - Ukraine - 95 - 71 (24 points different)
USA - New Zealand - 98 - 71 (27 points different

That is we have Derrick Rose, Steph Curry and James Harden

Compare to the score line of

Team USA to Australia 98 - 86
Team USA to Serbia - 94 - 91

The question is not whether or not we have enough offensive player, we always have enough offensive power, so, beside Chris Paul, you put Curry and LeBron would not do much on a defensive end of the game, you need to realise team USA maxed out the offensive end a long time ago with Klay Thomson, KD, Carmelo Anthony and Jimmy Butler,

It was always the defensive end team USA is lacking, while I agree they should have included Kawhi in the line up to boost defensive power. The problem is, US is very good at running game, and we can see from the games they play with both Serbia and Australia, had the opponent slow down the game and plan the attack and use the clock wisely, that will inhabit team USA transition power, the US team is so good because they will score every time you missed, if you don't miss, (Or not missing much) they cannot play quick transition basketball and stretch out the point, this is exactly what happened in the last two Olympic game.

Now, even if you have Steph Curry, and LeBron, it would not help much (You may have some block by LeBron and some steal from Curry added to the stats) but in the end, they are offensive player, not really used as an defensive end.

Some people question how weak this team, but the ground reality is that this is not a weak team because of the player itself, but because of the way we played basketball. And in international level, you cannot be just outrun the opponent ike you do in NBA, just because your offensive power is great does not means your games are guaranteed, and that is what we saw in this two games, a fact that I don't think it will change much even if we have Curry and LeBron

And for you to talk to me about basketball, that's the same as you are talking to an expert, I used to play NCAA div 2 basketball and I am coaching leisure league in Australia for both men and women team, had I was not shot to bits in Iraq and Afghanistan, I would be playing Basketball in Australia semi-professionally too.

And the 2004 games is not fail because the team just put together 3 days before the competition (This team USA is put together 15 days before Olympic too and can also be classed as B Team too), that is a gross lack of insight on how basketball have been evolve since the end of 2000 Sydney Olympic.

I have written on it in some other thread about why US perform badly on 2004 Olympic, I am not going to write that here again, you need to go search the US team against China on the 2016 showcase thread in PDF.

Last edited:
Referring you to FIBA World Championship in 2014.

We have Curry, Rose and Harden also Antony Davis,

Score line the Team USA score are similar outlook than this team.

USA - Turkey - 98 - 77 (21 points different)
USA - Mexico - 86 - 63 (23 points different)
USA - Ukraine - 95 - 71 (24 points different)
USA - New Zealand - 98 - 71 (27 points different

That is we have Derrick Rose, Steph Curry and James Harden

Compare to the score line of

Team USA to Australia 98 - 86
Team USA to Serbia - 94 - 91

The question is not whether or not we have enough offensive player, we always have enough offensive power, so, beside Chris Paul, you put Curry and LeBron would not do much on a defensive end of the game, you need to realise team USA maxed out the offensive end a long time ago with Klay Thomson, KD, Carmelo Anthony and Jimmy Butler,

It was always the defensive end team USA is lacking, while I agree they should have included Kawhi in the line up to boost defensive power. The problem is, US is very good at running game, and we can see from the games they play with both Serbia and Australia, had the opponent slow down the game and plan the attack and use the clock wisely, that will inhabit team USA transition power, the US team is so good because they will score every time you missed, if you don't miss, (Or not missing much) they cannot play quick transition basketball and stretch out the point, this is exactly what happened in the last two Olympic game.

Now, even if you have Steph Curry, and LeBron, it would not help much (You may have some block by LeBron and some steal from Curry added to the stats) but in the end, they are offensive player, not really used as an defensive end.

Some people question how weak this team, but the ground reality is that this is not a weak team because of the player itself, but because of the way we played basketball. And in international level, you cannot be just outrun the opponent ike you do in NBA, just because your offensive power is great does not means your games are guaranteed, and that is what we saw in this two games, a fact that I don't think it will change much even if we have Curry and LeBron

And for you to talk to me about basketball, that's the same as you are talking to an expert, I used to play NCAA div 2 basketball and I am coaching leisure league in Australia for both men and women team, had I was not shot to bits in Iraq and Afghanistan, I would be playing Basketball in Australia semi-professionally too.

And the 2004 games is not fail because the team just put together 3 days before the competition (This team USA is put together 15 days before Olympic too and can also be classed as B Team too), that is a gross lack of insight on how basketball have been evolve since the end of 2000 Sydney Olympic.

I have written on it in some other thread about why US perform badly on 2004 Olympic, I am not going to write that here again, you need to go search the US team against China on the 2016 showcase thread in PDF.
LOL.

Derrick Rose broke his legs in 2011 and was never the same in 2014.
Curry did not become a superstar until 2015. The same can be said for Harden although his recognition of superstardom is 1 year earlier than Curry.
Anthony Davis was a 2nd year player in 2014.

I can't believe you said this USA Team is lacking defense. LOL This team has 4 ALL NBA 1st Defense honor player on the team, Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Drumond Green, and DeAngre Jordan. You are talking about 4 HIGH quality defender and I'm not even counting 2 VERY GOOD defender in Durant and Klay Thompson. DEFENSE IS NOT the reason this team faced trouble! It is the OFFENSE, or more specifically it is the ISO-heavy offense that are played by HEAVY-iso players like Kyrie Erving, Carmelo Anthony, Demarcus Cousin. What funny is there is nobody on the Team USA who know how to run an offense. LOL In fact, the best playmaker on the team is 6'9 Paul George as opposed the traditional sense of a PG role. In addition, with Lebron and Curry, you are talking about two 1/2 elite offensive player in the history of the game. I'm not talking just the current, but the greatest of all time. And it is laughable that you think Lebron will not help out defensively. LOL He IS still the greatest wing defender when he wanted to. He basically anchored that Cavs D in the final against the offensive firepower Warriors.

I can tell that you don't really know basketball. A lot of guys who play basketball don't really understand the game. We call them low-IQ basketball player. It seems you fall into that category as you don't really understand how the game is played international and at the NBA level.

Like I said, what come down to is the Team USA 9 of the top 10 NBA players didn't participate. Had they particpate, it would be a repeat of 2012 domination and the Olympics should drop basketball. LOL

Here is the result of the same team against Australia with PRIME Andrew Bogut in 2012 competition and 2014.

USA 119
AUS 86

USA 129
SERBIA 92

A huge achievement, congrates the cycle team.

Precisely, 1 gold medal 4 achievements
breaking the world record
revenging the pain for the loss of the gold four years ago
shattering the century old western monopoly in this event
getting the first gold for China in cycling in this Olympics

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom