What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

129226252_14710445627241n.jpg
31231.jpg
wow, such beautiful helmet!
So China

Congrats to our first gold ever in bicycle!
Historic breakthrough!
:china::china::china::china:

China beat Russia to 2016 Olympic women’s team sprint title
The Chinese duo of Jinjie Gong and Tianshi Zhong beat the Russian pair of Daria Shmeleva and Anastasiia Voinova to take the gold medal in the women’s team sprint at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games on Friday.

China had set a new world record in the first round, and convincingly beat Russia to take the Olympic title, with Russia coming away with silver. It made up for the disappointment for China in London 2012 when they were relegated in the final and missed out on gold, which went to Germany.

Earlier in Rio, Germany had edged out Australia to claim the bronze medal.

Great Britain did not field a team in the event as they had failed to qualify a place – the only event on the Rio track cycling schedule that does not feature a British rider.

3223423.jpg

5554.jpg
q21.jpg
342423.jpg
121.jpg

LOL.

Derrick Rose broke his legs in 2011 and was never the same in 2014.
Curry did not become a superstar until 2015. The same can be said for Harden although his recognition of superstardom is 1 year earlier than Curry.
Anthony Davis was a 2nd year player in 2014.

I can't believe you said this USA Team is lacking defense. LOL This team has 4 ALL NBA 1st Defense honor player on the team, Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Drumond Green, and DeAngre Jordan. You are talking about 4 HIGH quality defender and I'm not even counting 2 VERY GOOD defender in Durant and Klay Thompson. DEFENSE IS NOT the reason this team faced trouble! It is the OFFENSE, or more specifically it is the ISO-heavy offense that are played by HEAVY-iso players like Kyrie Erving, Carmelo Anthony, Demarcus Cousin. What funny is there is nobody on the Team USA who know how to run an offense. LOL In fact, the best playmaker on the team is 6'9 Paul George as opposed the traditional sense of a PG role. In addition, with Lebron and Curry, you are talking about two 1/2 elite offensive player in the history of the game. I'm not talking just the current, but the greatest of all time. And it is laughable that you think Lebron will not help out defensively. LOL He IS still the greatest wing defender when he wanted to. He basically anchored that Cavs D in the final against the offensive firepower Warriors.

I can tell that you don't really know basketball. A lot of guys who play basketball don't really understand the game. We call them low-IQ basketball player. It seems you fall into that category as you don't really understand how the game is played international and at the NBA level.

Like I said, what come down to is the Team USA 9 of the top 10 NBA players didn't participate. Had they particpate, it would be a repeat of 2012 domination and the Olympics should drop basketball. LOL

Here is the result of the same team against Australia with PRIME Andrew Bogut in 2012 competition and 2014.

USA 119
AUS 86

USA 129
SERBIA 92
You are saying a lot of stuff I did not say, maybe you don't understand what I said at all? Or you are trying to play it like I don't know anything about basketball? I don't know.

First of all, I never said this team lacking defensive player. I said this team is a weak team because the way they play the game is in direct conflict of how this team should have been, they don't play defensively. The two claim are very different.

This is what I said. in the previous post.

Some people question how weak this team, but the ground reality is that this is not a weak team because of the player itself, but because of the way we played basketball. .

The defensive power is lacking, that is not directly the result from the player, but rather how the team play the game, of the 3 games I actually saw (vs China, vs Venezuela and vs Australia) almost all the games are play with Man on man, the problem is that while it work on a lower tier team, meaning they are bound to miss a lot of shot anyway, however, when you are facing team that can shoot, you can no longer let them shoot and try to get a quick transition and take advantage that way.

In a blow by blow game, if your opponent can keep up with your scoring, then you will start losing the tempo of the game, and that present a challenge to the team USA.

Your offensive power is only as good as the other team missed, any second tier coach can tell you that. Think about this, you can try to trade blow by blow to an opponent, but if they miss as much as you do, you will definitely draw a game and maybe worse if other stuff start getting into your way (like FT% and 3 Pt-%)

This team does not play defensively, and that is a fact it does not change even if you add player such as Curry and LeBron James. Not that I say LeBron James is not good at defence.

Second of all, when you study statistic, it always show you just one side of the story, because it did not show you how your opponent perform. Take your Team USA vs Serbia in 2014 championship and 2016 Olympic game.

FIBA reports

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/1409/USA-Serbia#|tab=boxscore_statistics
http://www.fiba.com/olympics/2016/1208/USA-Serbia#|tab=boxscore_statistics

Statistic wise, in the 2014 games, Team USA were almost dominating in every sector. While in the 2016 game, every statistic offered by Serbia is either almost as good or better than team USA. Now, it's easy to say 2016 team is a lot weaker than 2014 team (or you can say 2014 Serbia team is a lot crappier than 2016 team) but the answer to the question is not about how US team was. But rather how Serbia perform.

Similar situation you are looking at Serbia shooting the ball 57.1% in 2016 and ending up 3 points behind Team USA, however, when you look at how the game actually played You see the US is actually using zone to zone out Serbia and make every shot harder for them to make and hence their FG% falt about 10 % between 2014 and 2016. the Serbian Player is the same, but since the US push harder in a zone, which block most of the ball downtown, hence Serbia only shoot 5 of 20 (20%) compare 15/30 on the US Team, of which Irving sink 6/6, which are already 1 more than the whole Serbia team.

The transition make the different between 2014 and 2016 games, this is not something you can see from the statistic itself, and this is how US play the game.

It's seems like you have no idea how Basketball works, on the other hand, I read the game, not statistic, statistic can at most be a good indication on how a team perform, but it is of no indication on how they face an enemy, it's a "What should happen" category, in actual games, things usually happen differently. You are what we basketball player called handicap number cruncher, you crunch number, not actually how a game being played, it may work well in fantasy league, but it does not work in actual ball game.

Also, Steph Curry is already an all star in the 2014 championship, and it peak right after the championship in the 2015 season, a talented basketball does not make overnight, he is already very talented in 2014 and just because his statistic and award said otherwise, that does not mean Steph Curry is a star in 2014

and Finally Andrew Bogut was not in London Olympic Australian Team, he was in London as a commentator, as he had a broken feet/ankle.

Last edited:
The race for the fastest man
Men 100m race
Our sprinters Xie Zhenye @10:08 Su Bingtian @10:17 (edited)were qualified for the semi-finals

fb560cc6014c8de_size677_w1024_h733.jpg

200x133_4c3951acf4454ca9908f42b6f1c9f01d.jpg

2a3b50e6d3f44712ba04b139b128e7e7.jpg

Xie

xeaNqoIfbBHk.jpg

23241471113732.jpg

Su

1_580_403.jpg

Zhang Peimeng - to miss the semi. Disappointing

I wish we can get a medal in 4 x 100m

134651158.jpg

Gold Medallists
1c6f655189a5174bfe9606.jpg

谢震业、苏炳添、张培萌、 莫有雪

2015年8月29日,在北京田径世锦赛男子4×100米决赛中,谢震业和莫有雪、苏炳添、张培萌代表中国队以38秒01的成绩摘银,创造亚洲历史
Gold medalists: Aug 29, 2015
Team China set a new Asian record @38:01 in Men 4x100m in the Athletics World Championships held in Beijing

Last edited:
Rowing and Cycling doing well :china:
China has shown progress in some new areas, but should not lose control in her traditional areas!

The race for the fastest man
Men 100m race
Our sprinter Xie Zhenye @10:08 was qualified for the semi-finals
Su Bingtian and Zhang Peimeng were not good enough. Disappointing

132567390.jpg

I wish we can get a medal in 4 x 100m

1c6f655189a5174bfe9606.jpg
One of them is my father's classmate's son.

Bronze
Shooting 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men
Li Yuehong
Congrats

Team-mate Zhang Fusheng finished 4th

=
16072510241422.jpg

2016080516595661.jpg

China has shown progress in some new areas, but should not lose control in her traditional areas!
One of them is my father's classmate's son.

In spite of all the pessimism, we are still going fairly strong, holding firm in second place
If you check out the Americans' medal tally, their medals in swimming is so overwhelming
as I said, our swimming by contrast, is a big big disappointment which needs a major review and re-construction
Did you mean "your father's classmate's son" is from Africa? :cheesy:
Just joking. I think his father must be very proud of his son

20141204140751_6182.jpg

最早接力集训只有5个人,就是除了正选,就只有1个替补。但到了这次北京世锦赛,集训的队员已达8人:张培萌、苏炳添、莫有雪、谢振业、杨洋、陈时伟、徐诚、李喆。

Bronze
Shooting 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men
Li Yuehong
Congrats

Team-mate Zhang Fusheng finished 4th

=
16072510241422.jpg

2016080516595661.jpg

In spite of all the pessimism, we are still going fairly strong, holding firm in second place
If you check out the Americans' medal tally, their medals in swimming is so overwhelming
as I said, our swimming by contrast, is a big big disappointment which needs a major review and re-construction
Did you mean "your father's classmate's son" is from Africa? :cheesy:
Just joking. I think his father must be very proud of his son

20141204140751_6182.jpg

最早接力集训只有5个人,就是除了正选,就只有1个替补。但到了这次北京世锦赛,集训的队员已达8人:张培萌、苏炳添、莫有雪、谢振业、杨洋、陈时伟、徐诚、李喆。
,四大金刚,你支持谁?

Britain now only 4 golds behind China. They are catching up. They could beat China in the gold medal count considering they are strong in athletics. China missed a lot of gold medals in swimming, shooting and gymnastics that it won in 2012. Most of China's traditional strong events are coming to an end. Unless something changes from the usual trend, China is at the risk of being relegated to number 3 in the gold medal count.

US at 21 golds.
China at 13 golds.
Britain at 9 golds.

Come on Team China. We need more golds :china:

Last edited:
Britain now only 4 golds behind China. They are catching up. They could beat China in the gold medal count considering they are strong in athletics. China missed a lot of gold medals in swimming, shooting and gymnastics that it won in 2012. Most of China's traditional strong events are coming to an end. Unless something changes from the usual trend, China is at the risk of being relegated to number 3 in the gold medal count.

US at 21 golds.
China at 13 golds.
Britain at 9 golds.

The difference is especially stark in swimming. You won 5 Gold Medals at London, but won only 1 in Rio.

While Gymnastics have not concluded yet, but China's gold medal count there is expected to be a historic low, because the American Gymnastic Team this year is super strong in women, and Chinese men team has lost out to the Japanese in men. Even in Trampoline, a Chinese dominated event, China has not won any gold.

(China has already lost out golds on two events where it won last year.)

US at 21 golds.
China at 13 golds.
Britain at 9 golds.

Britain already had 10 golds, I predict China to get at least three more golds from diving, two from table tennis and around three to four from badminton, I'm not sure about the other sports.

Britain already had 10 golds, I predict China to get at least three more golds from diving, two from table tennis and around three to four from badminton, I'm not sure about the other sports.

I wouldn't be sure of anything with the way things are going.

China is not having the best Olympics compared to previous years. China needs around 30-35 golds to get 2nd place. It's 13 golds right now. I just don't see where China can get another 17-22 golds from.

Its frustrating.

Beaten by the US in a close medal race is one thing. But beaten badly by the US and also being surpassed by Britain will be embarrassing.

2 of the most anti-China countries.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom