What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

Great to see that China is starting to make progress in rowing, I can see more success in this sport for China in the future! :tup:

Thanks Sir
AFAIK this is not the first medal at the Olympics
I think we have won some more in other Olympics and world events as well
Give me time to find some of the records

Last edited:
Won more in 2008 without the number of athletes restriction. In swimming there is no restriction on number of athletes per country. As long as you qualify you keep going until the finals. why put restriction for weight class in lifting?

There is but not as severe as weightlifting.

The limit is 2 per individual event. So if a third best swimmer from a country beats everybody else in the time trials he still can't compete. A country can't win all 3 medals in an individual swimming event and obviously not more than 1 in a team event.

Yea there is no reason why China can't do well in Rowing and Canoeing.
shoulder muscles in athletes not as strong. You see despite what liberals tell you , in sport besides being skilled, you need to have height and strength. Being shorter is disadvantage because you work harder than a tall guy so you get tired faster.

Getting tall athlete is no issue for China, i think proper training and nutrition may be the issue.

There is but not as severe as weightlifting.

The limit is 2 per individual event. So if a third best swimmer from a country beats everybody else in the time trials he still can't compete. A country can't win all 3 medals in an individual swimming event and obviously not more than 1 in a team event.
In weightlifting, they limit only 4 athletes for any one country regardless of weight class. China is a medal contender for all weight class men and women, so potentially they missed out on 6-8 extra medals.

Our rowing medals in Olympics history:

We are ranking fairly low at 23rd on all time medals table
G 1 + S 4 + B 2 = 7 in total

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowing_at_the_Summer_Olympics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_at_the_Olympics

But there are world sports events in rowing like the World Rowing Championships/ cup, Asian Games etc in which we got medals

Men 20 Km walk just finished
Gold and Silver Medals to China :china:

China's first 2 medals in Track and Field!
Congrats

Wang Zhen - Gold
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China 1:19.14

Cai Zelin - Silver
China 1:19.26

In weightlifting, they limit only 4 athletes for any one country regardless of weight class. China is a medal contender for all weight class men and women, so potentially they missed out on 6-8 extra medals.

I think it's 10. 5 Chinese have already won medals.

Bronze
Rowing Lightweight Women's Double Sculls
HUANG Wenyi & PAN Feihong
屏幕快照 2016-08-13 04.57.46.png
屏幕快照 2016-08-13 04.57.34.png
屏幕快照 2016-08-13 04.57.11.png
M001DFFCggSA1esdiCAENZoAAHlhsoEOPA363.jpg
M001E01CggSBFesde2AINpNAAG7i4dnRTI216.jpg

Our rowing medals in Olympics history:

We are ranking fairly low at 23rd on all time medals table
G 1 + S 4 + B 2 = 7 in total

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowing_at_the_Summer_Olympics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_at_the_Olympics

But there are world sports events in rowing like the World Rowing Championships/ cup, Asian Games etc in which we got medals

Men 20 Km walk just finished
Gold and Silver Medals to China :china:

China's first 2 medals in Track and Field!
Congrats

Wang Zhen - Gold
China 1:19.14

Cai Zelin - Silver
China 1:19.26
Congrats!
Wang Zhen and Cai Zelin have made excellent cooperation during the entire race of 20km!
Brilliant teamwork!
w570c3d.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!
Wang Zhen and Cai Zelin have made excellent cooperation during the entire race of 20km!

Yes. They have been keeping the pace at good distance from the lead until the last few Kms
A very good start for our track and field athletes
Very encouraging news for China after the disastrous results at the swimming pool

af046605e2fcee6a74f610839b021a61.jpg

85361471043162.jpg

c3c000109d0bee15268

c3b000191bdcedeef66

c4000126f5d7fb657e2

79253_1891010_136748.jpg

Last edited:
You won 8 out of 15 gold medals. 5 out 15 in 2012. 5 out of 15 in 2004. There's still 15 in 2016 https://www.olympic.org/weightlifting

Do you know the two Kazakhstan female weightlifters that won gold, Maiya Maneza and Zulfiya Chinshanlo are Chinese athletes on lease contract to Kazakh? The only reason they can't compete for China is the quota system.

Last edited:
下面还有什么比赛?:-)

I am watching women trampoline - live
He Wenna, former champion, stands in third place now so gold is not within her reach
Let's see if Li Dan can do better

Do you know the two Kazakhstan female weightlifter that won gold, Mistake Maneza and Zulfiya Chinshanlo are Chinese athletes on lease contact to Kazakh? The only reason they can't compete for China is the quota system.

This guy, HA, is a known TROLL on PDF
I dont know why you guys have to spend time with him

Li Dan gets a bronze in women trampoline :china:
Former gold medalist He Wenna just in 4th place

Last edited:
Track and Field 10,000 meter race - women now starts (recorded play)

African runners from Kenya and Ethiopia are favourites

RIOEC8C1HJ2L5_1536x864.JPG

The Champion

kZ5_-fxuxnap3535458.jpg

Gold and Silver Medalists

Men and women swimming teams enter final of 4 x 100m medley

0QQn-fxuxnap3535519.jpg

Back
Top Bottom