What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

Forge the Olympics. We will be vindicated by reality.

For example, if we nuke our enemies, our nukes will not lose effectiveness just because some judge bribed with Anglo-Saxon money declares the trajectory of the missile to lack aesthetic merit. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

on a related note

http://www.scmp.com/sport/china/art...-pig-olympic-commentary-outraged-chinese-fans

CBC Olympics commentator finally apologises for saying Chinese swimmer ‘died like a pig’
Byron McDonald is known to be a racist against Asians. You can hear it in his commentating when Asians win. He was the guy who criticise Sun Yang for taking too long with his poses

I agree that any event with judges is open to suspicion. Maybe they should move to computerized judges in the future...but expect quirky judgements.

BTW there's been 4 gold medals handed out for diving. China has won 3 of them. So the judges aren't all stacked against you.

With the diving event, amateurs like myself can see whether the pair did well by watching the synchronization and entry. Can't do that with gymnastics other than the landing or if someone falls.

Seems our sport system pay more attentions to winter games these years, you know?

Poor excuses. Coaches from summer games do not coach winter games.

I don't mind China not winning subjective events like gymnastics, but events with a timer is a must win.

I think some forces are doing everything to allow america to sweep all gold medals in the women's gymnastics. It's really sad that america still resort to such acts, it's as if they are not contented with always being the leader in the medal table that they will go as far as to steal gold medals from other countries. I just hope that China can maintain it's position as number two in the medal table.

Byron McDonald is known to be a racist against Asians. You can hear it in his commentating when Asians win. He was the guy who criticise Sun Yang for taking too long with his poses

With the diving event, amateurs like myself can see whether the pair did well by watching the synchronization and entry. Can't do that with gymnastics other than the landing or if someone falls.

Poor excuses. Coaches from summer games do not coach winter games.

I don't mind China not winning subjective events like gymnastics, but events with a timer is a must win.

I hate judging events. Surely there must be some electronic way to decide these events.

Gymnastics, boxing, diving are the most susceptible to biased judging.

I'm not sure to what degree wrestling, judo and taekwondo are affected by judges. Because if you do a 'takedown' of your opponent, you win a point, the judges opinion doesn't matter. If you know what I mean.

Whereas gymnastics, boxing and diving are solely decided by judges.

Chinese swimmer Chen Xinyi tests positive at Rio Olympics: Chinese Swimming Association
Source: Xinhua | 2016-08-12 13:29:18 | Editor: huaxia

XxjspeE005075_20160812_BNMFN0A001_11n.jpg

Chinese swimmer Chen Xinyi is in the women's 100m butterfly final at Rio Olympics. (Xinhua)

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 12 (Xinhua) -- Chinese swimmer Chen Xinyi has failed a doping test at the Rio Olympic Games, the Chinese Swimming Association (CSA) announced in its statement on Friday morning.

The 18-year-old Chen tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide, a diuretic, on Aug. 7 after she finished fourth in the 100m butterfly final in 56.72 seconds.

Chen has applied to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for testing of sample B and a hearing to look into the matter, said the CSA.

"The CSA has taken this matter seriously and demanded full cooperation from Chen in the investigation," the CSA said in the statement.

"The CSA resolutely opposes use of banned substances. We will cooperate with the Court of Arbitration of Sport during its investigation and will respect the final ruling by the CAS."

Chen missed the podium in the 100m butterfly final on Sunday as she came fourth in 56.72 seconds, 0.09 behind bronze medalist Dana Vollmer of the United States. Sweden's Sarah Sjostrom won the event in a world record time of 55.48 with Canadian Penny Oleksiak in second place in 56.46.

Chen was previously scheduled to take part in the women's 50m freestyle heats on late Friday morning.

In order to add accountability and transparency of the Rio Games, the IOC has adopted a new step in its doping control process.

After an adverse analytical finding appears, the IOC will first carry out the initial research to determine whether the athlete in question has any legitimate reason to take banned substance, according to an early statement from the Rio Olympics organizing committee.

Once the IOC decides there is a case to answer, the CAS will take over to determine whether an adverse finding translates into an anti-doping violation or not, said the statement.

The IOC then will mete out Games-related penalties like disqualification, added the statement.

Crisis for China as swimmer Chen Xinyi fails drugs test at Rio Olympics

China says it will cooperate during the investigation and repeats it resolutely opposes use of banned substances

CHAN KIN-WA AND PHILA.SIU

KINWA.CHAN@SCMP.COM

f659281a-603e-11e6-82a1-e6803dbb30ea_1280x720.jpg

China’s Chen Xinyi competes in the women's 100m butterfly heat in Rio. Photo: AFP
China plunged into a doping crisis at the Rio Olympics today with swimmer Chen Xinyi failing a drugs test.

The Chinese Swimming Association confirmed that 18-year-old Chen tested positive for diuretic hydrochlorothiazide on August 7, the day she finished fourth in the 100m butterfly final.

Chen has applied to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for testing of her B sample and a hearing to look into the matter, said the Chinese Swimming Association.

“The CSA has taken this matter seriously and demanded full cooperation from Chen in the investigation,” the CSA said.

“The CSA resolutely opposes use of banned substances. We will cooperate with the Court of Arbitration of Sport during its investigation and will respect the final ruling by the CAS.”

Diuretics increase urination rates and can be used as “masking agents” to hide the presence of performance-enhancing substances that are screened for in doping tests.

Chen, who missed the bronze medal by nine-hundredths of a second, was scheduled to take part in the heats for the 50m freestyle on Friday morning (Rio time).

Chen finished sixth in the 100m fly last summer at the world championships in Kazan, and she also won a gold medal for her prelims leg on China’s 400m medley relay at that meet.

She won gold at the 2014 Incheon Asian Games in the 50m free, 100m fly and 400m free relay.

977f84f6-604d-11e6-82a1-e6803dbb30ea_486x.jpg
China's Sun Yang has also been at the centre of drug accusations. Photo: AFP

The positive comes as China vigorously defends its athletes in the face of another drugs storm in Rio, particularly surrounding superstar swimmer Sun Yang.

He makes me sick: French swimmer Camille Lacourt casts doubt on China's Olympic Games champion Sun Yang

Australian swimmer Mack Horton called Sun a “drug cheat” before and after he beat the controversial Chinese hero in the 400m men’s freestyle final.

Accusations and insults have been flying back and forth ever since.

Chen becomes the first Chinese athlete to test positive at an Olympics since 1992 in Barcelona.

China’s biggest swimming drug scandal came at the 1994 Asian Games in Hiroshima when seven of their team tested positive.

A year later, the official Chinese People’s Daily published an anti-doping policy and proclaimed an official prohibition on performance-enhancing substances.

'We have no intention of making an apology': Aussies tell China where to go as Sun Yang row rumbles on

At the 1998 World Swimming Championships in Perth, human growth hormone (HGH) was discovered in Chinese swimmer Yuan Yuan’s luggage in a random search at the airport. She had enough HGH to supply the entire women’s swimming team for the championships. Yuan Yuan was banned for four years.

Also at the Perth championships, banned diuretic masking agent triamterine was found in the urine of four Chinese swimmers – Wang Luna, Zhang Yi, Cai Huijue and Wang Wei. They were all suspended from competition for two years.

Sun Yang war with Australia spills into cyberspace as hacker fans are blamed for taking down country’s first online census

Meanwhile, Bulgarian athlete Silvia Danekova confirmed she had failed a doping test, with reports saying she has tested positive for blood booster EPO.

“We have found out that my fourth test was positive. The shock for me is unbelievable,” the 33-year-old said.

I hate judging events. Surely there must be some electronic way to decide these events.

Gymnastics, boxing, diving are the most susceptible to biased judging.

I'm not sure to what degree wrestling, judo and taekwondo are affected by judges. Because if you do a 'takedown' of your opponent, you win a point, the judges opinion doesn't matter. If you know what I mean.

Whereas gymnastics, boxing and diving are solely decided by judges.

Whatever the case, I'm done with Olympics. If Chinese want to change Olympics rule, they need to stop watching it, stop supporting Team China, and just stop supporting all the world's athletes.

People change best when it hurts their bottom line.

I think some forces are doing everything to allow america to sweep all gold medals in the women's gymnastics. It's really sad that america still resort to such acts, it's as if they are not contented with always being the leader in the medal table that they will go as far as to steal gold medals from other countries. I just hope that China can maintain it's position as number two in the medal table.

The Americans are getting desperate at everything. They are uncomfortable with the state of the world. They know they are being challenged in all areas now by China. Sports is one of these areas.

They realise their relative power is in decline. China is on the rise.

Even if China finished 2nd, but is still close to the US, then I'm relatively satisfied.

In 2012, US got 8 more golds and 15 more total medals than China.

Whatever the case, I'm done with Olympics. If Chinese want to change Olympics rule, they need to stop watching it, stop supporting Team China, and just stop supporting all the world's athletes.

People change best when it hurts their bottom line.

But you have to fight for your rights. You can't just surrender when the enemy attacks you. The enemy makes things tough so you go away and don't challenge them anymore.

I say China must increase its influence in Olympics even more. This means having more Chinese representatives at sports organizations.

Chinese brands more involved in Olympics.

The Anglo-Saxons wants to make things as difficult for China as possible. Because China and Russia are the only countries that challenge them. The other countries are cowards that are happy being bullied by the Anglo-Saxons.

people here need to read the rule books in each sport before actually commenting on how judge were "bribed"

In gymnastic. Point can only award with two things, difficulty and execution, but points can be deducted by different category, depending on which apparatus you are playing, it range form 3 to 5 category (in vault, for example, score can be deducted off by pre-flight, support, after-flight and landing)

To get a score, there were 3 judge involved, 2 sector judge that give out 2 score, and a final judge that make sure that 2 score is align, there are virtually, no way a judge can be bribe and affect the result.

Beside, there were actually 2 gymnasts were ever penalised by the judge during the team match routine, Russian by 0.3 and Chinese by 0.1, which even if those weren't penalised, the final result remain unchanged.

I know Chinese have a knack to doubt international ruling, But to doubt an Olympic game is something really strange, the game is decided so that none of the country can cheat, regardless on how influential they are.

lol, did you actually watch the match or blaring your mouth like you used to with no knowledge what so ever on the subject at hand?

Wang and Shang selected a generally less difficulty routine than Simone Biles across 3 apparatus (apart fomr uneven bar) and both gymnasts executed their routine without much fault, then of course Simone Biles won the event. If you watch the match, you will lose basically the Chinese Gymnasts lose because their routine is less difficult, this is not something judge can tell the gymnast on.

Where were the faulty flags made in? Do you have a link for that?

Is this what you wanted?

"Earlier reports that all flags for the Rio Olympics were supplied by Chinese companies have proven to be false. A spokesperson for the Rio Organizing Committee spoke about the flawed flags earlier today, stated that they will be replaced quickly and added that the flags were not produced in China, but locally made in Brazil, according to Sina News."

http://shanghaiist.com/2016/08/08/chinese_flags_error_rio.php

Last edited:
They lost the final against our girls but don't be upset,you got a bunch of medals while this was the first for us at these Olympic Games.
Congrats!
Though I didn't make it to watch the final, tooooo late.
I guess it was a very exciting game!

And they have the supa powa of the black.

Back
Top Bottom