What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

Congrats!

Ma Long has just won Japanese in the semi-final.
Their performance was top-notch, especially the final set, amazing!
Spectators even stood up to cheer after each point, every point was an art!

View attachment 325002

The semi-finalists were showing to the world what the best in Table Tennis looks like
Standing Ovations
It was the most entertaining match so far in all sports events I would say

In the other semi-final, Zhang Jike beat his opponent from Belarus
So gold and silver guaranteed in another All Chinese Final
Congratuations

RIOEC8B13M3I7_1536x864.JPG

World no 1: Ma Long

MTZSPDEC71NLF1TU_1536x864.JPG

World no 4: Zhang Jike

12-160513152403.jpg

Du Li

%E6%9D%9C%E4%B8%BDchinadaily.com.cn.jpg

images

I agree
The major fundamental reason is the swimming schedules which account for a total of 34 events all together for the swimmers (** men and women):
Freestyle **: 50, 100, 200, 400, 800 , and 1,500 (men only);
Backstroke **: 100 and 200;
Breaststroke **: 100 and 200;
Butterfly **: 100 and 200;
Individual medley **: 200 and 400;
Relays **: 4×100 free, 4×200 free; 4×100 medley
Marathon **: 10 kilometres

while in diving, only 8 events are scheduled. So it will make a whole lot of difference in the gold medals gap between China and the US if either the no of events in various distances in swimming is reduced or events, like in diving, are expanded

That was a sub-par performance for our diving team
Their leading advantage was lost from the third dive onwards and in the last dive they needed a perfect execution to gain extra 11 points over the leading Brits for the gold which did not happen
I wish the whole Chinese diving team can hold their nerves after this setback and regain composure to take the rest of the gold medals so best of luck to them all

I'll take this as a blessing in disguise Because of the publicity, more people around town are aware of the meaning behind the positioning of the stars on our flag now
And yes, the faulty flags were not made in China.

Also:

"Olympic debutant Kim Song-I of DPR Korea denied star paddler Ai Fukuhara's chance of launching a revenge for fellow Japanese Kasumi Ishikawa, beating the No. 6 seed 4-0 for an Olympic bronze medal."

The match result for the bronze medal should be 4-1 not 4-0 to the North Korean

To her opponents, Kim played with a style which may have appeared deceptively defensive with a lot of heavy underspins and sidespins as well as the call for patience for most of the play but then when opportunities come, her sudden attacks always caught the opponent flatfooted
Well played for a debutant and congrats

Where were the faulty flags made in? Do you have a link for that?

Thanks for the info bro! Though I don't usually want disturbance on existing demographics balance, it does make me think whether China should bring in a very small non-Chinese population to represent the country, only in sports events. Say African athletes.

You guys are looking at it the wrong way. China doesn't need to import people from around the world, it just needs to improve the competitiveness of other countries in the area where US excels in. Don't train or fund program for foreigners in sports that China dominates, do it in sports where the US dominates. China can gain both diplomatically and in the medal stand.

table tennis it's expected China would win. But 200m breaststroke, disappointed as none of the two Chinese got medals

Looks like back to square one for swimming after Olympics

Yes. But every kind of competition matters. It is not that one means more than the other. What means is the competition, stamina, patience, endurance, mental strength, etc.

I would like to see China excel in all fields, but I would not be fixated on one sort of competition to bash Team China.

Yes. But every kind of competition matters. It is not that one means more than the other. What means is the competition, stamina, patience, endurance, mental strength, etc.

I would like to see China excel in all fields, but I would not be fixated on one sort of competition to bash Team China.

Men and women were quite strong in swimming until Rio. I guess just Blame it on Rio

upload_2016-8-11_22-0-28.png

Back
Top Bottom