What's new

Review of Pakistan Performance in Worldcup 2019: What went Wrong, Changes & Future Improvements?

LOL Yaar arsalan kia ho gaya hai bhai? :lol:
I am against having 3 - 4 coaches traveling with the team. Coaching should be done at domestic level, at national level your 14 players should need a manager only. Much like football. There must be a coach to see to any flaws during a series but COACHING should be done at domestic level really. That is why i think the team should have just one coach and a strong manager who can keep young talent from getting foot and mouth disease, aka Umar Shahzad Syndrome.

And who should be next Captain? I am not sure if Araon Finch will agree to captain Pakistan. What are your options?

Anyone who is more consistent performer, Sarfraz's individual performance don't justify his place in team.

Anyone who is more consistent performer, Sarfraz's individual performance don't justify his place in team.
Share a name mate!!

Truth is, there IS NO ONE ELSE who we can make captain. Lets admit it. In fact, who should be WC then? Again, there is no one. He is the best we have no matter how bad he is and thats the truth.

Share a name mate!!

Truth is, there IS NO ONE ELSE who we can make captain. Lets admit it. In fact, who should be WC then? Again, there is no one. He is the best we have no matter how bad he is and thats the truth.

we have to do wht south africans did with graeme smith. imad, amir, babar can all be gud choices. if nothing else then even hafeez can b a captain for a few years.
what we need are bowlers.... Amir, hasnain, mohammad abbas, hassan and about 3 / 4 more needs to be groomed and coached properly. they have potential which will be lost if delayed.

we have to do wht south africans did with graeme smith. imad, amir, babar can all be gud choices. if nothing else then even hafeez can b a captain for a few years.
Sir gee,
Imad - May not even deserve to be in team, his getting arrogant by the day, thinks he is some Hollywood celebrity and will DESTROY the team if he is put in-charge
Babar - To simple to be a leader and too important of a player to put any added pressure on him just yet.
Amir - Will be controversial because of spot fixinf saga
Hafeez - Should be retired now. Making him captain means the team is good to run in next general elections, there will so much politics that the current political parties may not have a chance against them.

what we need are bowlers.... Amir, hasnain, mohammad abbas, hassan and about 3 / 4 more needs to be groomed and coached properly. they have potential which will be lost if delayed.
We do need bowlers. Other than Amir all we have are Aqib Javeds (with respect to the guy). None of these are threatening new ball attack bowler, none of them are PAKISTANI FAST bowlers,, all of them are first change bowlers at best! So we can do with Amir, Hassnain and Afridi for now but we need two excellent bowlers to get back to where Pakistan's bowling have always been, top of the world! At least we need to find one to start with Amir up front.

@Wikki019

Agreed. And thats why panic is not necessary. Had Harishbhai been playing in place of Damaadji; and Afridi in place of Hasan Ali right from start things may have been different. Wholesale sacking of player or knee jerk reactions are not required.

Regards

What cost Pakistan was poor field placing.
Checkout Pakistan gave most of the runs behind the wickets.
When you are playing with world's fastest bowlers than you need 5 fielders behind the stumps specially at initial overs, Fine leg, 2 slips, deep square leg, third man, deep cover are must have, where rest of the field can be placed are Mid on, Mid off, Cover and Point.
Tell your bowlers to bowl at off side, good length, mixed with slow deliveries.

AND, you attack from first over, having first over from spinner was bull crap.
Fast bowlers must rotate in every game, Hassan Ali should have played in every alternate game.

Last edited:
Share a name mate!!

Best ? Average keeper..poor leader..poor batsman . I agree that he dont deserve to be in team let alone captain of team. He has no leadership skills and temprament to motivate players

Share a name mate!!

stop pretending that he is Einstein of Pakistani cricket which can't be replaced.

Mickey Arthur Coach Final Press Conference after Bangla Game:

Should he be changed for 1 year or kept until T20 Worldcup next year in Australia?

Definitely kick out sarfaraz, shoaib malik, hafeez.

But greatest finds are Shaheen Afridi, Babar Azam.

Replacing Grant Flower as the batting coach should be your priority, there is no better candidate than the affable Younus Khan to teach the virtues of patience and concentration to the young Pakistani test batsmen.

I disagree here. If you look at the trend in modern ODI cricket boundaries are the only way to win games now, it sucks but that's where it's heading.

Here are stats for average runs per six balls:
upload_2019-7-5_22-44-48.png

This is the best I could find but I'm sure if you look at the stats for boundaries Pakistan is one of the lowest especially if you look at sixes hit per innings. This is also why I'm predicting the winner of the WC to be either Aus, Eng. The other teams haven't caught up to that yet. More likely to be Aus to be honest because England's numbers are inflated by Afghanistan.

Younis Khan is a good batsman but he wasn't renowned for his sixes I think he would be great for helping the batsmen especially in test cricket but they need someone else a bio-analyst type person who can help batsmen figure out how to get big hits. Apart from England, Aus I think all teams need to work on this if ODI remains on this path.

New players lack energy and power due to weakness in body.I think going to gym should be made compulsory for each player and there should be proper medical test before selection of players from domestic cricket.In order to increase balling speed and ability to strike 6 runs at long boundries body strength is must

I disagree here. If you look at the trend in modern ODI cricket boundaries are the only way to win games now, it sucks but that's where it's heading.

Here are stats for average runs per six balls:
View attachment 568182

This is the best I could find but I'm sure if you look at the stats for boundaries Pakistan is one of the lowest especially if you look at sixes hit per innings. This is also why I'm predicting the winner of the WC to be either Aus, Eng. The other teams haven't caught up to that yet. More likely to be Aus to be honest because England's numbers are inflated by Afghanistan.

Younis Khan is a good batsman but he wasn't renowned for his sixes I think he would be great for helping the batsmen especially in test cricket but they need someone else a bio-analyst type person who can help batsmen figure out how to get big hits. Apart from England, Aus I think all teams need to work on this if ODI remains on this path.
Sorry, i should have made it clear that i was referring to test cricket in particular. I was envisioning a Rahul Dravid-like role for Younus Khan, given the responsibility to groom the new players to make them adept at managing the rigours of Test cricket. Pakistan languishes at no. 7 in test rankings and i am of the belief that a solid first-class and Test structure will yield benefits in the limited overs scenario.

What you wrote about hitting boundaries is absolutely spot on though, in that aspect of hitting sixes at will both India and Pakistan are laggards, something that makes watching international t20s involving India very tedious.

We've been making the same mistake of choosing our best one-day players for t20s and as a result have won next to nothing in the last 10 years.

stop pretending that he is Einstein of Pakistani cricket which can't be replaced.
Lolz, dear i am not pretending anything here. I am just presenting you with the bitter reality. I asked you for names and explained my reservations to those names, don't you agree with what i said about them four?

I follow Pakistan's domestic cricket as well, i am aware that there are no good wicket keeper batsman in domestic circuit either. There was once a guy named Umar Akmal, pure talent,,, he have wasted himself already and there is no hope there.

Mickey Arthur Coach Final Press Conference after Bangla Game:

Should he be changed for 1 year or kept until T20 Worldcup next year in Australia?
Keep him! Why would we want to change him? It will be stupid of PCB if they decide to change the coach.

Best ? Average keeper..poor leader..poor batsman . I agree that he dont deserve to be in team let alone captain of team. He has no leadership skills and temprament to motivate players
Read again bro
Share a name mate!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom