What's new

Revealed: Qatar’s ‘World Cup slaves’

Status
Not open for further replies.
OR,

They may change their policies to suit their situation.

After all there is a famous quote by Keynes: In the long run we are all dead.

Anyway they are forging pacts with other countries.

India’s defence pact with Qatar | Pragmatic Euphony

As if we care about defence pacts, India is not a superpower ready to strike countries needing more then 300.000 troops going "out of line" in some other place, US is.
They will receive their punishment.

It's nothing new.. Such things going on here much longer. It's just due to social media activism, things are coming out of closet. Dead skeletons, hidden things,,, everything!

There is an international LAW, if temperature rises above 46-47 Degree celsius,,, stop any kind of outdoor work you are doing. While in Qatar, Temperature shoots up above 50 degree celsius.. Yet they don't stop labourers from doing the work.

Then comes the Kifaalaa system (Sponsor system). Your sponsor is open to exploit you, screw you in any way he can. If you ever raise your voice. He would terminate your sponsorship and you would be thrown out form here

You have to tread carefully. Obviously educated people working in multinational corporations/stat institutions are less prone to such abuses but labourers, people working private sector are the one whose open to abuse

It's their country, their rules. Suck it up or leave the country.

Bro, can you give any examples of what you have witnessed? Is it comparable to what is happening in Pakistan where there is also an exploration of the poor like almost everywhere else, especially in developing nations?

Is the Qatari government doing something actively to punish those private individuals and firms who do not follow the rules or do they just turn an blind eye to it thinking that those people are just poor, low-skilled and vulnerable immigrants (non-Muslim even) who are going to leave the country anyway soon?

How is life in Doha for you for example and your family if they are there too? You only talk for yourself we have to remember but it would be interesting to get some more thoughts. I doubt that there are any other users here living in Qatar or from Qatar other than you. Unlike the case with KSA where we have DOZENS of users living there.

As if we care about defence pacts, India is not a superpower ready to strike countries needing more then 300.000 troops going "out of line" in some other place, US is.
They will receive their punishment.

You are talking of a situation far away, probably toooo far away in future.

Personally, i have little sympathy with Qatari sheikhs. They are no one to me and i would not care what happens to them but ground realities may change in meantime.

BTW: How would you Invade Qatar. Your navy is non existent.

Personally, i have little sympathy with Qatari sheikhs. They are no one to me and i would not care what happens to them but ground realities may change in meantime.

Far away yes.

Anyone in the region can’t wait to do it with the terrorist leadership, not just us besides why talk about military when it’s far away, the point is not military.

KSA (and most importantly USA and probably also Mullahistan - not in their interest either) is not going to allow a war next to it's borders or in the middle of the Gulf where most of the world's oil is being transported from. It is just fantasy talk. KSA and USA already punished Qatar by removing Hamad.

Let people that want another war in the region keep it to their borders. We do not want any wars when we are developing on all fronts quickly.

KSA (and most importantly USA and probably also Mullahistan - not in their interest either) is not going to allow a war next to it's borders or in the middle of the Gulf where most of the world's oil is being transported from. It is just fantasy talk. KSA and USA already punished Qatar by removing Hamad.

Let people that want another war in the region keep it to their borders. We do not want any wars when we are developing on all fronts quickly.

Such a war would not even last 6 hours.
Their support of terrorism has created enemies : Iran, Iraq, Syria on SAA and even FSA side, Egypt, Pakistan/Afghanistan ?

Them being hated is pretty much justified due to their actions.

Qatar is too important regardless of its size. India will benefit from such pacts by maintaining a balance between them, Iran, and Israel.

OR,

They may change their policies to suit their situation.

After all there is a famous quote by Keynes: In the long run we are all dead.

Anyway they are forging pacts with other countries.

India’s defence pact with Qatar | Pragmatic Euphony

Rules ?
Since when does Qatar follow rules.
The little ***** has created enemies which will react once the US leaves the state, goodluck to cuntar.

I feel you bro. :rofl: I swear I do :omghaha:

It is unrealistic what I am saying about attacking them, but you get the point.

Such a war would not even last 6 hours.
Their support of terrorism has created enemies : Iran, Iraq, Syria on SAA and even FSA side, Egypt, Pakistan/Afghanistan ?

Them being hated is pretty much justified due to their actions.

They also pissed off KSA and Yemen and Oman to a certain extent. But so what? Every country pisses countries off to certain degrees depending on the political climate and its particular ruler. Qatar is no different. Think about how many countries Iraq pissed off when it was ruled by Saddam or people, ethnic groups, religious groups etc. Did anyone other than USA attack it? No.

None of the countries of the region are interested in another war in the middle of the region. That was my point.

I already gave my opinion about Qatar. It should be part of KSA. The cultures/civilizations that existed on the territory of Qatar were the Dilmun civilization (trading partner with Mesopotamia and the Indus Valley civilization), the historical Bahrain region and Eastern Arabia. All those civilizations lied mostly in what is now the Eastern Province of KSA. Qatar lacks legitimacy as a country.

But so do dozens of other countries and it is irrelevant today since they exist and nothing can be done to change it. Or very little without using force which no party is interested in doing for the sake of their region and not Qatar or any other country. Besides today diplomacy is preferred rather than war. Which is good in my opinion.

Oh, and I disliked Hamad too. I think most non-Qataris did.

My two cents.

They also pissed off KSA and Yemen and Oman to a certain extent. But so what? Every country pisses countries off to certain degrees depending on the political climate and its particular ruler. Qatar is no different. Think about how many countries Iraq pissed off when it was ruled by Saddam or people, ethnic groups, religious groups etc. Did anyone other than USA attack it? No.

None of the countries of the region are interested in another war in the middle of the region. That was my point.

I already gave my opinion about Qatar. It should be part of KSA. The cultures/civilizations that existed on the territory of Qatar were the Dilmun civilization (trading partner with Mesopotamia and the Indus Valley civilization), the historical Bahrain region and Eastern Arabia. All those civilizations lied mostly in what is now the Eastern Province of KSA. Qatar lacks legitimacy as a country.

But so do dozens of other countries and it is irrelevant today since they exist and nothing can be done to change it. Or very little without using force which no party is interested in doing for the sake of their region and not Qatar or any other country. Besides today diplomacy is preferred rather than war. Which is good in my opinion.

Oh, and I disliked Hamad too. I think most non-Qataris did.

My two cents.

I agree, but nothing could be better then forcing both the elephant and his banana wife to clean the streets of Qatar in 50 degrees treating them as slaves together with their royal family, that would do good.

I agree, but nothing could be better then forcing both the elephant and his banana wife to clean the streets of Qatar in 50 degrees treating them as slaves together with their royal family, that would do good.

:rofl:

They would both dehydrate within minutes. Especially the fat one.

I would have sent them to the Atamaca Desert - the driest place on earth or the hottest place on earth - the Death Valley in the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atacama_Desert

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Valley

Actually I just looked at the climate data of Doha and it is actually colder than Baghdad during the summer. Only the winters are a few degrees hotter. Record temperature in Doha is 49 degrees Celsius so they cannot work in 50 degrees Celsius heat though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doha#Climate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad#Climate

Or maybe shipping them off to Siberia or Antarctica?

I am a little harsh here but I was not impressed with their foreign policy at all. They apparently did a lot for Qatar though if we believe the Qataris.

:rofl:

They would both dehydrate within minutes. Especially the fat one.

I would have sent them to the Atamaca Desert - the driest place on earth or the hottest place on earth - the Death Valley in the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atacama_Desert

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Valley

Actually I just looked at the climate data of Doha and it is actually colder than Baghdad during the summer. Only the winters are a few degrees hotter. Record temperature in Doha is 49 degrees Celsius so they cannot work in 50 degrees Celsius heat though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doha#Climate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad#Climate

Or maybe shipping them off to Siberia or Antarctica?

I am a little harsh here but I was not impressed with their foreign policy at all. They apparently did a lot for Qatar though if we believe the Qataris.

Good idea.
Qataris are happy with them due to money for the people, my and other peoples problem are only foreign policy as I could not care what they do inside their state, none of my business.

Bro, can you give any examples of what you have witnessed? Is it comparable to what is happening in Pakistan where there is also an exploration of the poor like almost everywhere else, especially in developing nations?

Is the Qatari government doing something actively to punish those private individuals and firms who do not follow the rules or do they just turn an blind eye to it thinking that those people are just poor, low-skilled and vulnerable immigrants (non-Muslim even) who are going to leave the country anyway soon?

How is life in Doha for you for example and your family if they are there too? You only talk for yourself we have to remember but it would be interesting to get some more thoughts. I doubt that there are any other users here living in Qatar or from Qatar other than you. Unlike the case with KSA where we have DOZENS of users living there.

My life is pretty comfortable, why because my father works in a state institution at respectable position. Exploitation occurs in private sector as I clearly mentioned.

Pakistan is a poor country. That's why such exploitation occurs. Qatar is a rich country, where they can afford

What more examples you would want when OP article clearly mentioned how Labourers are being exploited. Don't believe me, go to google, dig little deeper bu going couple of pages. Such news were rampant a decade ago until Qatar went International so they had to improve their labour laws.

Situation did get little better after Doha 2006 Asian games. Laws were made to stop such exploitations. But Implementation wise, No real progress has been made. They mostly turn the blind eye and there is a reason.

Ministry of labour requires someone come and launch a formal complaint against said firm/company. Now how come an illiterate labour who doesn't know a dime about qatari laws and procedures can go and launch a formal complain there when even he can't speak proper arabic?

My life is pretty comfortable, why because my father works in a state institution at respectable position. Exploitation occurs in private sector as I clearly mentioned.

Pakistan is a poor country. That's why such exploitation occurs. Qatar is a rich country, where they can afford

What more examples you would want when OP article clearly mentioned how Labourers are being exploited. Don't believe me, go to google, dig little deeper bu going couple of pages. Such news were rampant a decade ago until Qatar went International so they had to improve their labour laws.

Situation did get little better after Doha 2006 Asian games. Laws were made to stop such exploitations. But Implementation wise, No real progress has been made. They mostly turn the blind eye and there is a reason.

Ministry of labour requires someone come and launch a formal complaint against said firm/company. Now how come an illiterate labour who doesn't know a dime about qatari laws and procedures can go and launch a formal complain there when even he can't speak proper arabic?

I never said that I don't believe that some private individuals and firms are exploiting poor and low-skilled temporarily immigrants. That problem has existed for some time and still do to some degree as the article states in this thread.

I am just not that familiar with Qatari internal issues which is why I asked and also because Western media has a ugly habit of exaggerating everything that comes out of the Middle East and often being incorrect which they later were sued for and had to pay big fines for. Some Western media that is.

In my view they should make a rule about every foreign immigrant/group of immigrants from country x or y that states that they need a lawyer that is familiar with the local laws, language that should represent them and protect them from breaches in their contracts, abuse etc.

It is just my feeling but I expect that Qatar will have rooted out the problem before the World Cup 2022 otherwise it would be a huge scandal for them and damage their reputation for years to come.

Your comments are disgusting, shame on you.

They never learn.

Yes, I agree........Shame on me!!!!!!!!!!!!! and well done Qatar, carry on.........All hail the Arabs, superior humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom