What's new

Reuters claims that Pakistani-Americans are masquerading as Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know from experience when Indians ask me where I am from, I will say Pakistan and they quickly say oh well it's the same country.

I'm like.. THE Faak?

Never heard any Pakistani calling himself Indian. Biggest Indian wet dream of the century. :rofl:

As far as Indians, we dont give a damn if you claim you are from Neptune. as for personal experience
Two electronics engineer's one from lahore other one from karachi, When I first met them, first one identified himself being from dubai (although he lived there for 6 months) and the other one from UK (where he lived for a year). One co worker from pakistan, straight up identified himself from pakistan, raawalpindi, and is very proud of it, he became a very good friend. Another pakistani from a gas station near my house curses a majority of pakistani being bigots, (His brother was attacked in a mosque for being from ahmeddiya sect ) but has always identified himself as a pakistani straight up.

In all i dont buy the fact that any proud pakistani would ever introduce himself as anything other than a pakistani.

Imagine you are a Pakistani and open a restaurant.

If you call it "Pakistani food", many potential customers will scratch their heads, "What food is that? Palestinian? Peruvian? South American?"

Now, if you call it "Indian food", most people will have some idea what to expect.

It doesn't mean anyone is ashamed of anything; it's about leveraging existing brand recognition to maximize business potential. Now, people could argue that Pakistanis should build the Pakistani brand but, given the fact that most Western countries have 10x as many Indians as Pakistanis, it makes sense to target the largest demographic. Especially, since Nepalese, Bangladeshi and Sri Lankan customers will also gravitate to an "Indian" restaurant as a "good enough" compromise to their native restaurant.

P.S. The other day, I was talking to a Sudanese woman at a bus stop. I kept telling her "Pakistani", and she kept repeating "Palestinian". I eventually gave up and dropped the subject.

LMAO.

Dude not even Bangladeshis want to be mistaken as Indians.

Please stop. This is too funny. :rofl:

Forget about being called Indians ... Bangladeshis in India tie a red thread on their hands to show that they are actually Hindus. I have a lot of security guards in my office who are illegal migrant Bangladeshis. I got confused almost all of them as Hindus before i came to know their real name.

If you call it "Pakistani food", many potential customers will scratch their heads, "What food is that? Palestinian? Peruvian? South American?"

Now, if you call it "Indian food", most people will have some idea what to expect.

It doesn't mean anyone is ashamed of anything; it's about leveraging existing brand recognition.
Many customers of Pakistani business are Indians. So yeah this works. As long was Pakistanis realize the problems in their country they don't need to pretend as Indians. They should try to educate others and make their country "shining Pak", so everyone is proud about their nation.

Why the hell we will call ourself Donkeys when we are lions?

I was in relationship with a girl from Multan when i was in Malysia. I came to know about Pakistanis more from her than here in on PDF forum. She used to say very Bad things about Pakistani men. That they are very cheap people, can do anything even sell themselves for money.

PS : These are her words and not mine. And i never agreed with her as i had a lot of friends from Pakistan earlier in UK.

Also i met one Pakistani taxi driver whose parents migrated to Pakistan from indian hyderabad. He also used to tell me that he wish that his family didnt migrate.

It doesn't mean anyone is ashamed of anything; it's about leveraging existing brand recognition to maximize business potential. Now, people could argue that Pakistanis should build the Pakistani brand but, given the fact that most Western countries have 10x as many Indians as Pakistanis, it makes sense to target the largest demographic. Especially, since Nepalese, Bangladeshi and Sri Lankan customers will also gravitate to an "Indian" restaurant as a "good enough" compromise to their native restaurant.

P.S. The other day, I was talking to a Sudanese woman at a bus stop. I kept telling her "Pakistani", and she kept repeating "Palestinian". I eventually gave up and dropped the subject.

OK, now have a go at introducing the PPC. The Pakistani Prehistoric Civilisation. Video-tape it. Let's make some money.

It doesn't mean anyone is ashamed of anything; it's about leveraging existing brand recognition to maximize business potential.

And on top of that in it is about insecurity factor also. When someone exception people from Pakistan,whom i mentioned, has identified himself as from Hyderabad India, then i really spoke with him about the reason of his statement to my client manager.
So his opinion is that it is not like he is feeling happy with his statements, rather it is more about the situation where the ordinary American people has one kind of impression about Pakistan and unfortunately he is a prospective business client for him too. So the mix of insecurity and to gain some immediate benefit always makes some odd exception people to make this kind of stupid situation to identify themselves as Indian....But in overall, general Pakistan people who are educated are very much proud of their own self and nation...No one can question about it...

Why the hell we will call ourself Donkeys when we are lions?

Doesn't matter both are animals and are uncivilized just like most people in your country. Dont wanna remind you about what the lions in Pak did when the anti islamic movie came out. Burnt their own jungle and killed thier own lion families.

Pakistanis were saying they are Indians particularly after 9/11 and after the Pakistani American got caught trying to bomb US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom