What's new

Retracing my Indian ancestral roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I volunteer. But what is the test known as and where can you get it done?

I heard it costs like $300...

Mostly like this..

You can find ancestory from all over South Asia, maybe Middle East, etc, etc, etc, etc..

Fun videos of people find out their ancestory.

Here is some videos about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, I got to make an even longer journey! Even so, my ancestors have graves both sides of Pk.

You're right the title suggests people try find their roots in India, BH sahib makes it clear he has kept it open for everyone.

Further than Afghanistan and Iran? Arab countries?

Also, in regards to genetic tests, there are tons out there but one of the most well known I've heard of is 23andme.

With the Aryan invasion, lot of persians came and settled in northern india. With the emergence of safvid empire which strengthened the Shia sect around Persia, lot of Arab shia fled to Persia facing persecution by competition Sunni empires....

Iraq is the epi center of Shia sect so its not surprising if many Shia around the world trace their ancestory to Iraq. ...

It goes even further back. Most Ashraaf left Arab lands during the very early Umayyad-Abbasid tussle for power. They are therefore quasi-extinct in the Arabic-speaking world except for Yemen, and found in the greatest concentration in the maa waraa un nahr lands of Perisa-India.

Many Sunni ones in Safavid Iran has to flee persecution and flee to the Indus region and beyond. The families of the Mazandaran coast, including your current PM Yousuf Riza Gilani, thus came to settle in your lands.

Why it is most of the time Muhajirs (not you Bilal) and Indian Muslims love to claim Arab, Persian, and Turk ancestry while they look no way near to them. This is how Afghanis and Persian make fun of Pakistani skin colour and features. This type of inferiority complex goes back to time of Muslim and British rule who viewed people of hind racially inferior to the Turks and Persian/Afghan.

Is the Indian ethnicity so low that some people don’t claim it; I am yet to meet an Urdu speaker who can claim only and only pure Indian ancestry?

The great Persian historian (Ferishta) of Hindustan in 17th century said People of Hind, Sind and Africans are children to the same father (Ham son of Noah) meaning Hindi, Sindi and Africans people are cousins. The name of the first child was Hind, the second Sind, the third Habysh (Sub Saharan Africans). This discrimination goes long way back and you people should be proud more about your south asian roots than arab/perisan.

Can this test be done in Pakistan ... ??

The great Persian historian (Ferishta) of Hindustan in 17th century said People of Hind, Sind and Africans are children to the same father (Ham son of Noah) meaning Hindi, Sindi and Africans people are cousins. The name of the first child was Hind, the second Sind, the third Habysh (Sub Saharan Africans). This discrimination goes long way back and you people should be proud more about your south asian roots than arab/perisan.

This isn't considered reference anymore in our time, we have DNA testing for this. And everyone on this planet originated from an African. Even the earliest humans in Europe were 'black' originally.

article-0-04CC5FD1000005DC-743_468x312.jpg

The first European: Created from fragments of fossil, the face of our forbears 35,000 years ago

We are all linked from a African man to a Japanese man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why it is most of the time Muhajirs (not you Bilal) and Indian Muslims love to claim Arab, Persian, and Turk ancestry while they look no way near to them. This is how Afghanis and Persian make fun of Pakistani skin colour and features. This type of inferiority complex goes back to time of Muslim and British rule who viewed people of hind racially inferior to the Turks and Persian/Afghan.

Is the Indian ethnicity so low that some people don’t claim it; I am yet to meet an Urdu speaker who can claim only and only pure Indian ancestry?

this is pure inferiority complex, those people who like to trace their roots some where not from even their own country, what in the end matters is who he is and not what his ancestors 1000 yrs before were

according to theory of evolution, every guy came from africa, or by religion from adam, so it doesnt matter in the first place

interesting thread, thanks bilal.
My grandparents are from Multan, PK, belong to the Ghai (Punjabi Khatri)

Both my parents' families are from Dhaka, Bikrampur. One of my paternal ancestors moved to Mymensingh and they stayed there till 1947. My mother's side moved to Kolkata sometime around 1905-06.

Yours truly was born and brought up in Kolkata.

Further than Afghanistan and Iran? Arab countries?

Also, in regards to genetic tests, there are tons out there but one of the most well known I've heard of is 23andme.

Arab countries as well as Greater Persia. I am a Zaydite Sayyid from both sides of the family i.e. initially from Banu Hashim from Makkah. So essentially an Arab. But, as you said, diluted. Those people moved all over, that is even though from mum's side I have a decidedly Arab ancestor (her great-great-grandpa) buried in Egypt, from dad's side they stayed longer and almost all over Iran and Northern Afghanistan before landing jobs and lands with the Mughals on their last legs in the princely state of Awadh. But yeah they married all over and produced this specimen of a Arab Persian-Indian (imagine Khomenei, he wall all three like us), And since the family name descends with the father, I'm pretty sure my children will be more indigenous than me because caste isn't so much an issue for family-growth among Muslims.

I have never done much research about my ancestral background, my family is mostly made up of Gujjars and Jatts, from all over Punjab.

Luzia Woman

11,500 year-old skeleton was found in Lapa Vermelha, Brazil

Luzia_fossil.jpg

LuziaSkull.jpg

This was only 11,000 years ago. Just look how different they look to any other human type today.

Brazilian_indians_000.JPG

Indigenous peoples in Brazil

This isn't considered reference anymore in our time, we have DNA testing for this. And everyone on this planet originated from an African. Even the earliest humans in Europe were 'black' originally.

The first European: Created from fragments of fossil, the face of our forbears 35,000 years ago

We are all linked from a African man to a Japanese man.

You can say this if it satisfies you but this is what the science says not the religion, In Christianity, Islam and Judaism goes against this theory, this is what i read somewhere not sure whether it is true or not.

Science goes against the religion. Mankind didn’t evolve from monkeys as you say. All mankind is from Adam the first human to walk on the planet. This another story i read somewhere, There was a deluge aka Noah’ deluge which many people were killed. Noah built an ark and only those people on that ark were saved and after that all the humanity is from Noah’s 3 sons. The white race is is from Jaspeth, semitic race is from Shem and dark skin race is from Ham (the cursed son of Noah). Not sure how true this is but i believe in it more than science theory.

If I look on any Indian Muslim He/She Generally looks Similar racially to Others. there may be exceptions like in Kashmir or up pathans..
but, Arabs comes in different color,features know?(to "sync" with arab blood claims!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom