What's new

Retired Israeli Army Colonel killed in terror attack in West Bank.

Assault Rifle

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
IDF Vet Killed in Palestinian Terrorist Attack in West Bank.
By Jspace Staff on 10/11/2013 at 10:53 AM

l
IDF Vet Killed in Palestinian Terrorist Attack in West Bank
A retired IDF colonel was killed in the West Bank, in an apparent terrorist attack outside his home late last night.

Seraiah Ofer, in his fifties, was attacked with axes and crowbars by alleged Palestinian perpetrators in the Jordan Valley. His wife, Monique Mor, was with him at the time and managed to escape. She sustained light injuries and was taken to the hospital after waving down a passing car.

“They were beaten with blunt instruments,” Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld told AFP.

Officials were quickly sent to search for the perpetrators, and several individuals have already been brought in for questioning by the Shin Bet security agency. Investigators are treating the violence as a terrorist attack.

Insiders say there has been an uptick in violence against Israelis in the West Bank in recent weeks. The number of terror attacks and attempted terror attacks in the Jewish state increased from 68 in August to 133 in September, according to Shin Bet data.

Israeli President Shimon Peres expressed his condolences today to Ofer’s family, saying, "No one will rest until the murderers are brought to justice and all the details uncovered. I wish to express my condolences for the loss of a high ranking IDF officer who served his country and his people. My thoughts are with his family."

During his time in service, Ofer commanded IDF soldiers in the Gaza Strip as well as in the special forces unit Sayeret Shaked.

IDF Vet Killed in Palestinian Terrorist Attack in West Bank / Jspace News

what goes around comes around the israelis have been inflicting terrible crimes on Palestine for decades.

Back
Top Bottom