What's new

Restricted Mobility of Indian missiles

Yeah man sure.. The Russians are stupid to mount their 10,000 Km range missile on All terrain vehicles.

matsvcxw2eyazha74x5d.jpg

Same goes for the stupid Chinese.

Source: Restricted Mobility of Indian missiles | Page 2
Wow. You should really learn to read more before posting.
The Soviet Union when building such an asset realized the potential because of its size. Even now Russia as it is no longer banks mobile strategic weapons long term. They can't afford it. However they will and can utilize the missile until end of life.
The Americans are closing a lot if not all land Silos.
French, Britain and China are all going the same way.
However regardless of these weapons and TEL mobility. Its essentially the same survivability. These strategic weapons are not going to require a lot of hard protection.
Also, i'm going to block you.

No one messes with the super duper invincible Shaheen Missile, and more importantly no one messes with the analytic abilities of our resident consultant @shaheenmissile! :D

Yes, saw his analytical capabilities.

Obviously Agni-5 will be on one of the 'Major roads" as a vehicle of this size cannot be in Rural roads. Not many roads in India can take a vehicle of this size,and even then it will be a slow coach.

truck-big.jpg

Agni TEL trying to hide under a bridge :D

He thinks this is a TEL :D

This has been a good thread, learnt quite a few things.Thanks to @Nilgiri

@Hyperion

Indian TEL stuck under a bridge, whatever are we going to do :D

truck-big.jpg

Bhai, I am still waiting for a technically adept Pakistani member to start/join a thread to discuss some real specific issues...be it missiles, nukes, space, material sciences whatever... that will be a joy to participate in among such peers.

Maybe its already been discussed to death in some older threads that I can't be bothered to open and scroll and read everything....and who knows maybe they have already left this forum or are rarely active. Though I have to say there have been 1 or 2 in my recent time here that have brought up some very good points like hydrodynamic testing for nuclear design. A lot of stuff that I am saying, there are some clear interesting counters but you really got to know what you are talking about and back it up...thats when things can get really interesting.

Basically running over trolls only provides so much entertainment for me....but if people learn stuff then I guess its worth it ;)

Maybe shaheenmissile will get his teenage hormones under control and get a good solid background to back up his claims in a better way one day. He definitely has a big motivation and desire on certain issues....I can admire and appreciate that...but its a dull hammer the way he is going about it right now.

Yes, saw his analytical capabilities.

He thinks this is a TEL :D

Er....
Look up the English word "Sarcasm" and you may understand why the "Indian TELL" is stuck under the bridge. You guts are so simple :lol:

Look up the English word "Sarcasm" and you may understand why the "Indian TELL" is stuck under the bridge. You guts are so simple

Both sides just making fun of each other I guess.

Irony is we are talking about weapons of mass destruction.

@shaheenmissile have you ever seen the biography-documentary "The Man who saved the world"?

The Man Who Saved the World (2014) - IMDb

I would recommend it. You will get an overall perspective on some of the issues I am mentioning w.r.t remote sensing in a few of the scenes. It is a great stand-alone watch as well.

Another load of humbug.
A 10 axle truck trailer isn't common in India and will stick out like a sore thumb
Now how can you make that statement when you haven't plied over Indian roads. You will find hundreds of these on a single stretch of highway running from Mumbai to Nagpur.
There are thousands of these trucks on Indian road.
Now look at the following trucks and do tell how a satellite is going to tell the difference between a TEL and these tubes/tanks the trucks are carrying?
mel_040211_truck2.jpg
slide-1.jpg
IMG_6547.JPG

And remember the TELs will be camouflaged, most probably in similar manner.

Last edited:
Intelligence and staletile easliy hunt down massive missile.

Intel, well, the vast size of India furthermore, vast infrastructure of bunkers, shelters, underground across the mountains, valleys etc. ensure no one except a handful of people even in the NCA know where the real missiles. Secondly Pak doesn't have satellites that can produce any kind of serious high resolution imagery, China does but we know their movements. Even if you know, many of the sites are so vastly inside India, virtually impossible to get to them unless you bring in ballistic missiles. These missiles then have to survive the S-400 soon to be deployed followed then by AAD & PAD ABMs. All this while trying to survive the Indian onslaught of 1 strike corps and 2 or more Pivot corps, all I can say is good luck.

I am very sad now seeing the state of affairs here. How can ppl ban Shaheenmissile guy? I think there is a conspiracy here with mod, senior members and pdf TT and veterans not wanting members like me learning new new things and path breaking technologies.

I have a vision issue and hence i wear specs but indeed it was pretty awesome that with naked eye N explosion yield was approximately calculated just by seeing youtube videos. His threads of Indian missiles being immobile, restricted in terms of payload (110cm diameter in A2 and A4 just a thin souped up version and hence longer range over A2) as well as one of the few to technically question about Indian N bombs being real or dud (as in Pokhran2 blasts details) were inspirational.

I had learned a lot from him. Members like him only makes PDF an awesome place for information (other posters do just gossip with no substance). He never indulged in the "D" measuring contest at all. Never ever trolled too

now 15 days or till he returns my new science thread and how it works threads are gone and so is my daily learning.

Very sad indeed....

Can such a long TEL really get off road ?

Do we have such adequate flat land along roads ?

I am just asking hypothetically .
This thread only start to make sense when we see TEL of A5 with canister.

The TEL showed in Republic Day parades are not "operational" TELs in SFC. A1, A2 and A3 use rail launchers, not TEL. And hidden inside bunkers and underground all the time.

This thread only start to make sense when we see TEL of A5 with canister.

The TEL showed in Republic Day parades are not "operational" TELs in SFC. A1, A2 and A3 use rail launchers, not TEL. And hidden inside bunkers and underground all the time.
So are you suggesting that the SFC doesn't have ANY road mobile nuclear assets in service? Considering Prithvi was relieved of the nuclear role, and Shaurya hasn't been inducted.
Jodhpur & Panagarh, huh?

So are you suggesting that the SFC doesn't have ANY road mobile nuclear assets in service? Considering Prithvi was relieved of the nuclear role, and Shaurya hasn't been inducted.
When the Prithvi was inducted in SFC? I dont know anything about this?

And further if Shaurya is inducted as nuclear NLOS-BSM as replacement of A1 and A2, then why not SFC doing yearly or binary exercises with Shaurya for checking readiness?
Then why we only see routine tests of A1,A2,A3 and A4 in SFC?

And the TEL with canisters of A4 is yet to come, rail version of A4 replace the A1 and A2 as one on one basis.
Jodhpur & Panagarh, huh?
Jodhpur and Panagarh are under SFC?

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom