What's new

Restricted Mobility of Indian missiles

Readiness tests/missiles test are always declared publicly because of restriction poised by the NOTAM.

That is absolutely NOT true

You can announce one thing and do another

Prahar doesnt even need a NOTAM

Secondly if you are really from defence background
you should know the amount of secrecy and obfuscation that we practice

whether it is Artilerry ; or fighter planes or submarines or
take the most BASIC thing : SIZE of our Army ; for everything there is
an official version which is declared and a real version

That is absolutely NOT true

You can announce one thing and do another

Prahar doesnt even need a NOTAM

Secondly if you are really from defence background
you should know the amount of secrecy and obfuscation that we practice

whether it is Artilerry ; or fighter planes or submarines or
take the most BASIC thing : SIZE of our Army ; for everything there is
an official version which is declared and a real version

If so, then how the month after the test of K-4 in 2010 leaked in media? And again in 2013? Not so much secrecy. And BTW, Prahaar need NOTAM because of threat to airliners flying at high altitude.

If so, then how the month after the test of K-4 in 2010 leaked in media? And again in 2013? No so much secrecy. And BTW, Prahaar need NOTAM because of threat to airliners flying at high altitude.

OK forget it ; I thought you were from some REAL defence background

What the Government wants to leak ; it does so by revealing small bits of information
so that the enemy spies try to get more information and are apprehended

Prahar is like Smerch ; just more range ; which is used regularly in exercises

OK forget it ; I thought you were from some REAL defence background

What the Government wants to leak ; it does so by revealing small bits of information
so that the enemy spies try to get more information and are apprehended

Prahar is like Smerch ; just more range ; which is used regularly in exercises
He is right, military exercises involving high altitude projectiles need restricted airspace, something that has to be informed to the Civil Aviation. Hell, even AAA firings need such procedures.

There is no crew accomodation or a command post on this vehicle,so there must be a convoy of vehicles traveling with this already over sized "TEL" . Problem with any of the support vehicles will restrict the mobility of the whole system.
Plus this setup does not seem to be all terrain off road capable.

Have a look at this.

gal22.jpg

This rail based launcher can weigh up to 180 tonnes ( our tracks can easily handle that ) and can be anywhere on the 60,000 km mainline...or spurs.

This launcher is at maximum some 22 meter long.It can even be disguised as a good old rail coach..:lol:

A 10 axle truck trailer isn't common in India and will stick out like a sore thumb

Is that some kind of joke ?

only issue is weight..

axle load limit in India highways is 15 tonnes.So don't worry :)

Trains are not connected and even not assigned for this role.

That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard

This RS 23 ICBM is a good 5 meters longer than the A 5 .But It can still be disguised as a covered wagon....

Have a look at this.

gal22.jpg

This rail based launcher can weigh up to 180 tonnes ( our tracks can easily handle that ) and can be anywhere on the 60,000 km mainline...or spurs.

This launcher is at maximum some 22 meter long.It can even be disguised as a good old rail coach..:lol:

Is that some kind of joke ?

axle load limit in India highways is 15 tonnes.So don't worry :)

That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard

This RS 23 ICBM is a good 5 meters longer than the A 5 .But It can still be disguised as a covered wagon....
No proof of railway based Agni,just Indian wishful thinking.
The rails on launch pad are also present at our Sonmiani launch center,but that doesn't mean shaheen is rail based.

Loading gauge of Indian railways is way larger than the diameter of even Agni V.

Look at the footage from:

We should get a perspective from @anant_s about this, is Wheeler island test facility a specific different gauge or is it standard broad gauge.

Optically to me it looks like a heavy diesel shunter WDS family (broad gauge).

An Indian private firm was contracted to build 48 or so rail TELs for Agni 5.

They blocked this video outside India.(wasnt blocked before)

But any Indians based in India can watch and tell me if I remembered correctly.

@gslv mk3 etc

Total of 3 segments, I believe it was 2 or 3 that talks about this contracts.

Here is a picture of the top dog of indian missiles the Agni-5 hitching a ride behind a volvo truck.
A5pic2.jpg

Another view of the same vehicle reveals the scale of the vehicle. This is a road train with too much gaps between wheels and not much ground clearance .

fycQeuX.jpg

There is no crew accomodation or a command post on this vehicle,so there must be a convoy of vehicles traveling with this already over sized "TEL" . Problem with any of the support vehicles will restrict the mobility of the whole system.
Plus this setup does not seem to be all terrain off road capable.

On the other hand all Pakistani missiles re mounted on purpose built all terrain vehicles which can go off road.
Really... do you think we need to take Agni 5 to Pakistan border to lob it across the border.. Kahan kahan se aa jate hain.

Nevermind, 48 Agni 5 specific trailers are being procured from the company.
nop,just watched the whole video,the company builds road trailers for agni,not railway carriage,..that must be a figment of your imagination.
although it was an interesting watch,

anyway noticed very strange thing in the video,the company boss says that DRDO or defense ministry contacts them on no cost no commitment basis,means the company will have to do research out of pocket and will only get money if their finished product gets bought,which is not guaranteed.
That is a major hurdle for private sector r&d

anyway noticed very strange thing in the video,the company boss says that DRDO or defense ministry contacts them on no cost no commitment basis,means the company will have to do research out of pocket and will only get money if their finished product gets bought,which is not guaranteed.
That is a major hurdle for private sector r&d

It's not just a private firm, it's rather small one at that. Not no TATA, Reliance, L&T, Ashoka Leyland, etc. who have a good clout and the money to take certain risks.

And I think the NCNC program they were talking about was for the Arjun Mark 2 trailer. I think they actually gained the contract to produce Agni 5 trailers, they have a set delivery schedule already.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom