What's new

Reports of blast at Islamabad shrine; casualties feared

Disgusting, Najdi, Kwarij filth.

I hope the Sufi/Barelvi movements respond in kind. These shaytaan should be slaughtered to the last man.

Allah bless our Shaheed.

Disgusting, Najdi, Kwarij filth.

I hope the Sufi/Barelvi movements respond in kind. These shaytaan should be slaughtered to the last man.

Allah bless our Shaheed.

That will accomplish nothing but complete civil war and disintegration.

It should be the job of the state and security forces to crush these groups, and not left to other religious organizations.

It should be the job of the state and security forces to crush these groups, and not left to other religious organizations.
state and security seem like 2 separate entities!

State = only interest is checking if the waistline is growing...

Security checking where the next check comes from

:unsure:

But aren't you guys sick of it? just look at 26/11, people protested and the Home Minister had to resign so did the CM of Maharashtra , isn't the GOP responsible in some way to ensure the security of its people?

Expecting security and its provision from current and many past GOP is wishful thinking. First reaction after a blast usually is anger but suppressed enough by fear to make protests anytime soon almost impossible. Just a few more people every day realize this way that TTP really is the enemy.

Either ways its all TTP and their affiliates can do. Army is and will be responding soon in TTP areas.

You're right. That's just anger speaking in me.

The army should finish them.

Now they are targeting unexpected targets with little or no security. Plus the explosives used were crude.
Previously they used military grade explosives causing maximum damage.This one may well be ANFO as it was a tree that exploded.Someone must have buried ANFO.

A desperate act to shoe defiance against Army operation.

Blast at Islamabad shrine wounds at least 61
By Dawn.com | Irfan Haider
Published about 10 hours ago
53a47d504b3aa.jpg

ISLAMABAD: A powerful explosion at a shrine in the federal capital on Friday night injured at least 61 people, seven of whom are said to be in critical condition, DawnNews reported.

Chief Commissioner Islamabad Jawad Paul told Dawn.com that 54 people were injured in the blast. He said 34 were taken to Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims) hospital where four are in critical condition, Nine are being treated in Benazir Hospital and 11 are shifted to Poly Clinic Hospital.

Number of injured increased to 61after seven more wounded persons were admitted in Pims hospital.

Locals, however, put the number of injured much higher at 70 to 80.

The blast took place at the shine of Nange Badshah next to the famous Chan Pir Badsah shrine in Pindorian neighbourhood on the outskirts of Islamabad.

The likely terrorist attack took place on second day of the three-day annual Mela (festival).

The nature of the blast could not yet be verified but Chief Commissioner Paul told Dawn.com that initial probe into the incident suggests it was carried out through a time device as the bomb was likely planted inside a tree at the shrine.

Eyewitnesses told DawnNews that the explosion took place when food was being distributed amongst devotees.

An emergency has been imposed at Pims and Poly Clinic hospitals of the city where injured were taken to after the incident.

Dr Aisha of Pims hospital said earlier that 31 people were brought to the hospital out of whom four were critically injured.

Dr Khurram, an official at Poly Clinic Hospital, said that there were three critically injured people among the eight brought to the hospital.

According to a spokesman of Islamabad Police, security has been put on red alert at all entry and exit routes of the capital.

He said that after cordoning off the site of the incident, police, Rangers and Army commandos have launched a search operation to nab the culprits.

– This is a developing story and will be updated as reports come in

These extremist filth are only capable of targeting unarmed innocent civilians. As soon as law enforcement agencies come after them, they run with their tails between their legs. So much for their talk about fearless warriors, jihadists, etc.

These extremist filth are only capable of targeting unarmed innocent civilians. As soon as law enforcement agencies come after them, they run with their tails between their legs. So much for their talk about fearless warriors, jihadists, etc.
but that's what they do..guerrilla warfare and being terrorist they are after civilians as well...with due respect they have managed to hit right in the heart of your supposedly most secured areas as well...

As an outsider i have this feeling that biggest problem in Pakistan is that civilians have accepted
- Terrorists are going to stay..
- Army is doing its best
- Civilian Govt. is not going to do anything.

I believe all of the above is wrong. Heads must be rolled so that next chap who comes know very well that he/she has to deliver or perish...Army needs to be criticized in the same fashion civilian bodies are...and one should always believe that these pigs can be defeated...Last but not the least...even though it may sound controversial but pigs like Lashkar are also a menace for Pakistan as much as they are for India...A brainwashed kid in some madarasa has equal probability of being exploited by Lashkar or TTP...when(if at all) Pakistan closes her eyes on lashkar they are increasing risk on Pakistan as well...one must not forget that people who are bombing every nook and corner of Pakistan are pakistani's themselves!!

but that's what they do..guerrilla warfare and being terrorist they are after civilians as well...

My point is they talk about how it's so "honourable" to die in their propaganda videos, yet they almost always run like a chicken when LEAs come after them.

with due respect they have managed to hit right in the heart of your supposedly most secured areas as well...

Except few isolated incidents in very small numbers, they almost always attack soft targets.

As an outsider i have this feeling that biggest problem in Pakistan is that civilians have accepted
- Terrorists are going to stay..
- Army is doing its best
- Civilian Govt. is not going to do anything.

I believe all of the above is wrong. Heads must be rolled so that next chap who comes know very well that he/she has to deliver or perish...Army needs to be criticized in the same fashion civilian bodies are...and one should always believe that these pigs can be defeated...Last but not the least...even though it may sound controversial but pigs like Lashkar are also a menace for Pakistan as much as they are for India...A brainwashed kid in some madarasa has equal probability of being exploited by Lashkar or TTP...when(if at all) Pakistan closes her eyes on lashkar they are increasing risk on Pakistan as well...one must not forget that people who are bombing every nook and corner of Pakistan are pakistani's themselves!!

I don't think there's an acceptance that terrorists are going to stay. People are very much hopefully (as soon from the support for zarb-e-azb) that they will be defeated and brought to their knees.

I agree with what you say about Lashkar. IMO PA is giving higher priority to groups that target Pakistan however I think they have (or should) come to realization that the dynamics of 21st century are very different from that of late 20th century, that they should go after all terrorist groups, not just TTP. I think groups such as LeT should be easier to go after than say Haqqanis given they're not very powerful or have high number of recruits.

Back
Top Bottom