What's new

Replacing the F-16: Will Pakistan’s Top Fighter Squadron Transition to Chinese J-10Cs?

It is very ambitious for sure, but not impossible. It’s still gonna be a 10+ year development cycle, and Pakistan won’t be making some of the most complicated stuff like the engines, those will come from J-31 or TFX or something like that. that’s why 2030 is a realistic goal for its first flight and even induction.
It’s hard to predict the future, maybe you’ll be right, maybe I’ll be right, maybe we’ll both be wrong. Either way, let’s hope PAF makes the correct decision, for now we will just wait for these J-10Cs, hopefully a credible source comes forward soon and PAF buys them with the Chinese engines. Can’t wait to see them in PAF colors :)
Yes J10C for now will gives quick boost to PAF in numbers of actual 4.5 gen jets and later when induction of JFTs blk 3 start will be cheery on the top.

Pakistan specification advance varaint of J31 or even can be small variant of J20 as well with PAF specification (considering PAC and CAC close corporations)
J-20 has no chance to get by Pakistan,its export barred by Chinese govt
It is very ambitious for sure, but not impossible. It’s still gonna be a 10+ year development cycle, and Pakistan won’t be making some of the most complicated stuff like the engines, those will come from J-31 or TFX or something like that. that’s why 2030 is a realistic goal for its first flight and even induction.
It’s hard to predict the future, maybe you’ll be right, maybe I’ll be right, maybe we’ll both be wrong. Either way, let’s hope PAF makes the correct decision, for now we will just wait for these J-10Cs, hopefully a credible source comes forward soon and PAF buys them with the Chinese engines. Can’t wait to see them in PAF colors :)
I love to see AZM with a Turkish avionics and AESA ànd Chinese engine to have Sir

Hi,

Lavi is the mother of J 10

Eat your heart out @Deino

@Irfan Baloch @Zarvan

Yes for sure, only since a certain Japanese member who is always obsessed by some strange ideas says so it must be that way? :crazy: In the same way you took claims like AMRAM and "Italian engines" for the Block 3 for granted.

But yes, I'll eat my hear if it makes you happy; it however does not make any of your twisted ideas a fact. :azn:

Last edited:
I don't see PAF having an active J10C procurement programme because :

I am not convinced that PAF wants to operate a fighter with Chinese engines, given their maintenance requirements, cost and lifespans. Has Russia announced any new sales of the Saturn AL-31 engines for Pakistan? PAF's preference would be Russian based on experience of the maturity of chinese engines as of now. That is the "clue" of whether or not PAF will be going for the J10C, it is if the Russians are prepared to sell the AL-31 or AL-41(if PAF asks for its integration to the J10C) to Pakistan.

I have seen not notification so, I dont see PAF going for the J10C.

PAF asked for Russia to develop a new variant for the JF17 Block III ( RD-93MA ) rather than adopt a chinese engine.

Dont get me wrong - Chinese engines will one day catch up and surpass Russian engines for thrust, maintenance standards and total cost of ownership, but they are not there yet and Pakistan cannot afford to take risks with the limit platforms it has and its operational requirements.

Has Martin Baker announced the sale of new ejection seats to Pakistan ? No - and given PAFs preference for the Martin Baker ejection seats - I dont see there being any active plans to procure the J10C.

There is no indirect "evidence" of the sale of the J10C based on the lack of news on PAF specific requirements surrounding the J10C programme. That, to me, ends the debate of J10Cs coming to Pakistan at the end of 2021 ..

I could go on .. but most people should get the point and stop this nonsense.

Last edited:
Plz re read my point, i said small variant of J20 mean some tailor down version as project azm not that we will get j20s
Ànd this is also not a possibility its take lots time to develop tailor down version of j-20 by China, ànd j-20 is not suitable to indo-pak scenario, if we have a option to get J-35 which will be ready lot earlier than PAF version of j-20 then why we need tailor down version of j-20
Ànd heavies are not suitable for Pakistan because of Pakistan geography, AZM will be medium weight not heavy weight fighter jet

Ànd this is also not a possibility its take lots time to develop tailor down version of j-20 by China, ànd j-20 is not suitable to indo-pak scenario, if we have a option to get J-35 which will be ready lot earlier than PAF version of j-20 then why we need tailor down version of j-20
Ànd heavies are not suitable for Pakistan because of Pakistan geography, AZM will be medium weight not heavy weight fighter jet
This was not for induction, the reality for project azam that this program will not be from scratch it will follow some blueprint of already developed 5th from friendly country, when some jet inherit from that jets but have own specifications as well become new jet .. azm have time to materialized, which means it will definitely have own specifications and will modify inheritance aswell

Yes for sure, only since a certain Japanese member who is always obsessed by some strange ideas says so it must be that way? :crazy: In the same way you took claims like AMRAM and "Italian engines" for the Block 3 for granted.

But yes, I'll eat my hear if it makes you happy; it however does not make any of your twisted ideas a fact. :azn:

Hi,

I only supported a claim by someone---but once you grow up and are able to understand matters of defense, you will understand what my "supposed claim" meant.

At this stage it is going over your head.

Hi,

I only supported a claim by someone---but once you grow up and are able to understand matters of defense, you will understand what my "supposed claim" meant.

At this stage it is going over your head.

I'm well aware what you supported ... you once heralded this certain guys post as a great one and agreed in all accounts, therefore I kindly asked if also such stupid claims are correct and You - besides your typical insults - agreed again in all accounts.

So since then and even more after you admitted that one of your main goals here is to fool foreigners by spreading faked information, there is nothing to debate on your "credibility"!

For ADMINISTRATION of " defence.pk"".
I agree with Deino (in below post) that there is a group of members (black sheeps) in this forum who are using false, bogus, baseless news/ propaganda, against Pakistan and China. This group try to prove that all news / information , good for Pakistan / China , are false. They use false, baseless sources/news of Indian and similar anti Pakistan/China origin.
This is not discrimination. But it is to stop the false pollution of ""defence.pk"" by this group against ""defence.pk""" forum.

Kindly Save dignity of "" defence.pk""

I'm well aware what you supported ... you once heralded this certain guys post as a great one and agreed in all accounts, therefore I kindly asked if also such stupid claims are correct and You - besides your typical insults - agreed again in all accounts.

So since then and even more after you admitted that one of your main goals here is to fool foreigners by spreading faked information, there is nothing to debate on your "credibility"!

Currently PAF is having to fund the purchase of 30 block 3 thunders at over $40 million each until year 2025 .

That like $1.2 billon

THE PROSPECT of 36 j10ce ( number directly correlates to 36 rafale ) is more hearsay or would be good to have ... BUT serious financial constraints means this is not happening unless its serious chinese desire to pressure india during a war in future in ladakh. Even then i cant see them handing over $2 billon worth of fighters for free.

I also belive PAF first option ideally is BLOCK 70 F16 and J10C is fall back only.

I think Pak will try to mend fences with USA biden & Co and will push fpor 18 block 70 next 2 years

Last edited:
Currently PAF is having to fund the purchase of 30 block 3 thunders at over $40 million each until year 2025 .

That like $1.2 billon

THE PROSPECT of 36 rafale ( number directly correlates to 36 rafale ) is more hearsay or would be good to have ... BUT serious financial constraints means this is not happening unless its serious chinese desire to pressure india during a war in future in ladakh. Even then i cant see them handing over $2 billon worth of fighters for free.

I also belive PAF first option ideally is BLOCK 70 F16 and J10C is fall back only.

I think Pak will try to mend fences with USA biden & Co and will push fpor 18 block 70 next 2 years

Sure. Join the Quad to be a sidekick or become a PENT and have China cancel the CPEC and demand Pak to pay back the investment. Meanwhile, let Uncle Sam 'fairly' decide all the disputes with India so that India is happy. NICE.

That like $1.2 billon

THE PROSPECT of 36 rafale ( number directly correlates to 36 rafale ) is more hearsay or would be good to have ... BUT serious financial constraints means this is not happening unless its serious chinese desire to pressure india during a war in future in ladakh. Even then i cant see them handing over $2 billon worth of fighters for free.

Buddy first of all you need to study Pak armed forces, what's 1 or 2 billion in front of our forces let me tell you nothing that's there pocket change. And secondly it's not all upfront costs. And please come out of this F16 saga, Pakistan has burned all the bridges no more fsola coming this way period.

Its like a Covfefe on repeat …. It meant something!

Back
Top Bottom