What's new

Replacing Gas with Electricity

That is only possible if Electricity is made affordable. Right now Gas in cylinders is still cheaper than electric options. I dont see us making switch in at least next two decades.

It's also cheaper in the US. Electric is more expensive.

Electric Induction has taken over in Europe as their gas supplies have dwindled and they are forced to buy from Russia.

So I'm sure many of you have read Fawad Ch. statement that Pakistan will run out of gas "soon" in the coming years. I'm not sure how accurate it is, how soon is soon, but I did wonder what can be done to replace gas.

A few easy ones that came to mind;

1. No more LPG cars
2. Electric stoves and ovens
3. Electric boilers for hot water and central heating (although i doubt very many have central heating in Pakistan), you probably use the AC to keep warm?
4. No use of gas to generate electricity - use coal instead

Any others you can think of?
Govt cant even ask the textile mafia not to use gas on captive plants

New York just passed a law to have all new houses or buildings with no gas stove, hot water tank or heater.

Wow!

I've got a gas stove, gas furnace, gas water heater, and a gas clothes dryer.
If I switched my electric bill would be sky high.

I guess that's one way to get everybody to go solar.

Last edited:
Grow balls and complete the gas pipe line with Iran. How come Iran completed the pipe line while we dithered as normal. Never mind connecting it we could at least laid it down and in the first opportune time could have connected it.
India bought S 400 done some manoeuvring and put on their dancing shoes and nothing happened. US is not giving us any aid any more so even if they put on few sanctions we can live with it instead of destroying the few industries we have got. Our trade deficit is growing, are Arabs and US are compensating it as we are only looking after their interests not ours by not completing the pipe line? We are only getting loans to cover the difference, why can't they give us grants instead. Learn to live for our own country instead of looking after other countries interests.

So I'm sure many of you have read Fawad Ch. statement that Pakistan will run out of gas "soon" in the coming years. I'm not sure how accurate it is, how soon is soon, but I did wonder what can be done to replace gas.

A few easy ones that came to mind;

1. No more LPG cars
2. Electric stoves and ovens
3. Electric boilers for hot water and central heating (although i doubt very many have central heating in Pakistan), you probably use the AC to keep warm?
4. No use of gas to generate electricity - use coal instead

Any others you can think of?
I read some where that only Punjab has the capacity to generate 80,000 MW of electricity, if small size generating units are installed on Canal heads. Please note that these canals works 11 month a year.

Back
Top Bottom