What's new

Renewable Energy in Turkey

Hey, I would like to share my mind. In Turkiye everyone has a boiler right on the rooftop. Everyone spends a lot of their money to gas. Instead of that there should be a company to give the folks an option to pay monthly or whatever its the best is for them. Build a solar roof. Instead of paying for gas, you will be able to pay the monthly cost for the solarsystem. So it's actually investment without extra cost. There are many urban areas in Turkiye.

One of the easiest and self sufficient solution for homes. I wish I had the money for it...
This is how you get INDEPENDENT!

That's the advantage of solar PV cells, it doesn't need to be connected to a grid, so it suits well to the urban areas. I will also consider this in my article. Thanks for sharing your mind, much appreciated.

That's the advantage of solar PV cells, it doesn't need to be connected to a grid, so it suits well to the urban areas. I will also consider this in my article. Thanks for sharing your mind, much appreciated.
It will be my honor to see that. Thanks for the interest. Let me know when the article is out. Don't forget. :tup:

It will be my honor to see that. Thanks for the interest. Let me know when the article is out. Don't forget. :tup:
I'm not sure if my article will be officially published - but there certainly is a good opportunity. If it gets published I'll surely share it with the ones who are interested :-)

Thx a lot Selim
Waiting patiently for your article
I am also planning to use solar panels on the roof of our house,because it's getting really hot here in Çavuşbaşı
I also want to place a little wind turbine in our garden between the fasülye,finduk and incir

Perhaps i wont be so much affected when electricity is gone which is just too often,especially in the summertime

@Selim I would love to read it when its done.

@AnatolianEagle another company that Elon Musk founded did exactly that. its called SolarWorld i believe. I had the same idea. There are so many unused flat rooftops in Turkey in places like Mersin or Adana, that are sunny as hell in the summer. Its so obvious and easy to implement.

Thx a lot Selim
Waiting patiently for your article
I am also planning to use solar panels on the roof of our house,because it's getting really hot here in Çavuşbaşı
I also want to place a little wind turbine in our garden between the fasülye,finduk and incir

Perhaps i wont be so much affected when electricity is gone which is just too often,especially in the summertime

You need to check if you're allowed to. I believe there are restrictions that are very low, so if you produce more then a certain amount you're counted as a commercial something and need a licence.

Well, first we need to produce these PV cells inside Turkey, otherwise we spend almost same amount of money to import cells rather than spending it to buy energy. And this is worse because we have to spend in advance and wait 4-5 years for ROI.

If we achieve to produce productive cells inside country, solar energy would be game changer for us!

Well, first we need to produce these PV cells inside Turkey, otherwise we spend almost same amount of money to import cells rather than spending it to buy energy. And this is worse because we have to spend in advance and wait 4-5 years for ROI.

If we achieve to produce productive cells inside country, solar energy would be game changer for us!

Too slow, we could do it the Chinese way and acquire companies that are struggling and thus get the technology ASAP. There are many companies that can not keep up with Chinese prices in Europe. One of the many Turkish billionairs certainly has the funds to do so.

Too slow, we could do it the Chinese way and acquire companies that are struggling and thus get the technology ASAP. There are many companies that can not keep up with Chinese prices in Europe. One of the many Turkish billionairs certainly has the funds to do so.

Well, it's also acceptable. Germany is leading country in this field and I think it's not hard to find companies like you mentioned.

There are at least two in Germany I'm aware of.

Bosch even gave away its Solar business for free plus 130 Million € in cash (!) to Solarworld, another company in Germany that struggles.

I'm surprised that the Turkish government hasn't begun taxing anything renewable as they make most of their money off energy (gas, petrol, diesel.....) (100-400%)... But they do have some sort of document saying that they will be buying electricity from people at a fixed price, and now it is possible to go up to 1MW (+1MW with decision) generation without getting a license.. (that is if you can fork out a million or so USD's for such a plant).. But even extremely small scale for most in Turkey the pleasure is sending monthly requests for payment to firms like BEDAS that are by law required to buy from you...

p.s. As we needed Heat, Refrigeration and Electricity we went down a micro-turbine route which oddly comes out to be cheaper than all the rest overall at least in Turkey and at the moment.

Turkey to attract $28B investment in renewable energy, IFC indicates

World Bank Group member The International Finance Corporation (IFC) predicts that Turkey will attract about $28 billion in investments in renewable energy by 2020. Foreign investors' interest in Turkey, which is in the position of an energy importer and aims to increase the share of renewable energy resources in electricity production, is gradually increasing. According to Anadolu Agency's compilation from the IFC's "Climate Investment Opportunities in Emerging Markets" report, Turkey's growth in gross domestic product left many G20 countries behind despite recent political events in the country, therefore enabling the investors' interest in Turkey to continue.

The report indicates that Turkey, which has the potential for investors in the clean energy sector, will receive $27.7 billion in investment in renewable energy by 2020, amounting to $16.4 billion in wind energy, $7.4 billion in solar power, $3.4 billion in geothermal and $560 million in the hydroelectric field.

The completion of the said investments is of grave importance in terms of Turkey's goals in renewable energy.

Under the scope of the environmentally friendly investments in Turkey, about $47 billion will be invested in transportation infrastructure projects, green buildings and waste management.

Around $18.6 billion will be spent on the new green buildings in line with Turkey's pace in industrialization and urbanization. In addition, environment friendly investments will come to the agenda in the transportation sector, one of the most growing fields in the country. In this context, at least $24 billion will be invested in low carbon transportation by 2020.

Stressing that the creation of a more sustainable environment in Turkey, the dissemination of electric vehicles in transportation and the completion of high-speed train projects are required, the report points out that more eco-friendly investments will be made in transportation depending on the realization of these plans. Besides, $4.4 billion is expected to be invested in waste management.

Turkey aims to meet 37 percent of its electricity generation from renewable energy sources by 2023. The IFC suggests that Turkey, which invested $1.9 billion in renewable energy last year, is moving toward this goal with certain steps.

By 2023, Turkey plans to build an additional capacity of 20,000 megawatts of wind energy, 5,000 megawatts of solar energy and 600 megawatts of geothermal energy.

http://www.dailysabah.com/energy/20...-investment-in-renewable-energy-ifc-indicates

I think KediKesenFare could help you with this, right? :)

Sir, yes, sir!
soldier.gif

Amazing!

Guys I need your help - I have to place a buffer zone - meaning that I need to find rules/regulations in Turkey of how close a wind turbine can be placed next to a building.

Normally it's 500-700m in the EU countries, I did a search on google about this but I hardly found any reliable source about it.

Can anyone help me with this? Turkish or English language doesn't matter - all what matters is the source being credible.

Türkiye Rüzgar Enerjisi Birliği (TÜREB) Başkanı Mustafa Serdar Ataseven, rüzgarda Ege kıyılarının muhteşem bir potansiyele sahip olduğunu belirterek yenilenebilir temiz enerji sayesinde hem doğaya zarar verilmeyeceği hem de enerjide yurtdışına bağımlılığın azalacağını söyledi.

"Avrupa’da rüzgar türbinleri evlerin arka bahçelerine kuruluyor. Evin elektriğini kendileri üretiyor. Senelerdir hastalanmadan, arıları, kuşları ölmeden yaşıyorlar. Liverpool’da şehrin merkezinde türbinleri görmek mümkün. Arazilerde kurulu türbinlerin yanında tarım ve hayvancılık yapılıyor. Kimse gürültüden, kirlilikten şikayet etmiyor çünkü türbinlerin çıkardığı ses neredeyse evlerimizdeki 3-4 klimanın çıkardığı ses kadar.

"Yenilenebilir Enerji Genel Müdürlüğü türbin kurulacak yerleşim yerlerindeki teknik standartları belirlemiş. Her şey yasalara, mevzuata uygun. Türbinler en yakın yerleşim yerlerine 300 m mesafede kurulabiliyor. Ayrıca yatırım yapan tüm kuruluşlar neredeyse 40 ayrı yerden türbin kurulumuna ilişkin onay alarak bu yatırıma başlıyor. "
http://m.bianet.org/bianet/toplum/153250-res-olur-ama-her-yere-olmaz-mi

Especially Europeans use bianet.org as a "credible" source because it's "published within the framework of "Journalism for Rights, Rights for Journalists" -dubbed as BİA3 - project implemented by the IPS Communication Foundation with the financial assistance of the Swedish International development Agency (SIDA). The contents of this website are the sole responsibility of IPS Communication Foundation and under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the EU and SIDA and IFEX".

You can use this article definitely in your paper as a valid scientific source. Plus they are quoting the head of TÜREB.

But, others claim that there is effectively no real standard:

Dağ, tepe, bayırda vinçler, kamyonlar, şantiyeler yeni pervaneleri dikmek için 24 saat harıl harıl çalışıyor. Konuşmayı kabul eden bir şantiye şefi mühendis, RES şirketlerinin, Enerji Bakanlığı’nın istediği tüm koşulları yerine getirdiğini söylüyor. Bakanlık ‘mesafe standardı’ koymadığı için, pervaneleri bir köyün çok yakınına diktiklerini, köylülerin gürültüden şikâyetleri üzerine, maddi kaybı göze alarak, zorunlu olmadıkları halde daha uzağa taşıdıklarını anlatıyor. “Temiz enerjiye karşı çıkanlar ya turizm rantçıları ya da nükleer lobisinin adamları” diyor. Bir rüzgâr türbininin şirkete maliyeti hakkında da bilgi veriyor: Ömrü 20 yıl. Her biri 1-2,5 milyon Euro değerinde. Şirket ancak 7’inci yıldan itibaren kâra geçebiliyor
http://t24.com.tr/haber/egede-ruzgar-enerji-santrali-sayisi-da-acilan-dava-sayisi-da-patladi,322053

I personally don't believe this second article. Many people simply don't know that wind turbines can be built within a distance of just 300 m from homes. This is really, really close.

Küçük Ölçekli Rüzgar Türbini İçin Yer Seçiminde Dikkat Edilecek Hususlar
Sistem kurulmadan önce aşağıdaki işlemlerin yapılması gerekmektedir.

- Rüzgarı iyi olan bir alanın bulunması (evlere ve çiftliklere kurulacak küçük ölçekli rüzgar türbinin ekonomik olabilmesi için yıllık ortalama rüzgar hızı 4-4,5 m/s olmalı),

- Rüzgar türbin boyutunun belirlenmesi ( bunun için yıllık enerji ihtiyacı belirlenerek rüzgar türbini seçilmeli),

- Şebeke bağlantılı veya şebeke bağlantısız olup olmayacağına karar verilmeli,

- Kurulacak alan en az bir dönümlük olmalı,

- Seçilen bölgede rüzgar türbinin daha önce bir uygulamasının olup olmadığı,

- Kurulacak olan rüzgar türbini yerleşim yerinden 250- 300 m uzakta olmalıdır.

http://www.eie.gov.tr/eie-web/turkce/YEK/ruzgar/ruzgar_turbin.html

Bunu da bulabildim.

Back
Top Bottom