What's new

Renewable Energy in Turkey

Let's make it very simple for everybody even fanboys...

What stops to install panels on the roof of each apartment/building to reduce the foreign dependency will answer the current policy of the government.

Engineers who work on the Akkuyu Nuclear Power Plant:
Apartmen construction is carried out more seriously.

It is said that there were cracks on the ground which were filled with cement.
If true i wouldn't play it down.

We should focus more on renewable energy, i can't understand how Germany generates 9 times more Solar energy than Turkey even though we have much bigger photovoltaic power potential. Cloudy UK produces more than twice than us.

Germany: 45,930MW - share of total consumption: 7,9%
Turkey: 5.063MW - share of total consumption: 3,2%

330px-Global_Map_of_Photovoltaic_Power_Potential.png

Last edited:

We should focus more on renewable energy, i can't understand how Germany generates 9 times more Solar energy than Turkey even though we have much bigger photovoltaic power potential. Cloudy UK produces more than twice than us.

I wouldnt even wipe my a*s with that newspaper thats how reliable they are.

If cumburliyet claimed it, by 100% it is a black propaganda against to our nuclear policy. They are kind of trojen against Turkish state interests, media of armenia and pkk diaspora in Turkey.

Nuclear is already renewable energy resource. In addition, running the nuclear plants has many other usefull opportunity for the industry of our country. There have to be a balance in energy policy, you can not focus only one direction, diversity is important, this government made many good energy policy for Solar energy so far. We stepped into new age in production by solar plants in last 5 years. 0-5000 MW, this is incredible increase in installed capacity.

Did you know that we will not own the Nuclear Power plant? Russia will have by far majority of shares (93%), that means we will buy electricity from Russia or better a power plant which is located on our soil but is not ours.

If you don't have the money to buy one then don't do dumb agreements, even Hungary builds together with Rosatom a nuclear power plant and nearly 100% of it is owned by the Hungarians.

I'm not against Nuclear Power but more against "kazik" agreements.

Did you know that we will not own the Nuclear Power plant? Russia will have by far majority of shares (93%), that means we will buy electricity from Russia or better a power plant which is located on our soil but is not ours.

If you don't have the money to buy one then don't do dumb agreements, even Hungary builds together with Rosatom a nuclear power plant and nearly 100% of it is owned by the Hungarians.

I'm not against Nuclear Power but more against "kazik" agreements.

Which aggreement saying this plant will not belong us?? Szcü safsatalarıyla ....den element uydurmada bir numarasınız burada.

Russia will hold (93%) of the shares, is it my fault when you can't put 1 & 1 together?

You can not rely on just renewable energy if you have industry. It is only feasible as a main source if you have geothermal sources with high temperatures with low cost and you have small and unproductive population. In short; if you are not iceland it does not work.

Nuclear power plants are not just power plants. They are R&D centers and labs for dozens of high tech industries.

For example when you want very very sensitive and extremly homogenous wafers for special electronics you need neutron flux to dope them because statisticly it is the best way. Same for any kind of technology. Not just reactors, people who are trained there will be serving in other industries. For example you have much more durable tires then 20 years ago for your car because someone decided to dose polymers and found that exciting some polymers with certain radiation makes them build new molecular bounds and that makes them stronger. This is a technology makes the difference between small firms and world dominating corporates.

Think it like sensor technologies we have developed. We have better sensors and those made us build new missiles, new air platforms, better protection for several platforms, modernisation of navy etc. Nuclear know-how is like that. It opens new door which you can not open if you do not have it.

100 Watt gücündeki bir ampulü bir yıl boyunca 24 saat açık tutmak için gereken elektriğin farklı kaynaklardan sağlanması durumunda ihtiyaç duyulan yakıt miktarı ve süreleri hiç düşünmüş müydünüz?

ECk5vMuWwAA_PSO.jpg

Guys check this video out, it's a little long but bear with me.

The title is a bit click-batey, but it's definitely worth a look and everyone should be aware of the pro- and anti-arguments for all kinds of energy sources.

Guys check this video out, it's a little long but bear with me.

The title is a bit click-batey, but it's definitely worth a look and everyone should be aware of the pro- and anti-arguments for all kinds of energy sources.

I used to follow Thoughty2, what a bullshit is that.. I hold a degree in sustainable energy, he completely focuses on (possible) negative aspects of renewables.. you cannot assess or compare renewables like this to nuclear. They are complementary sources of energy not a direct replacement to base load sources. He is complete mouthpiece of nuclear which is more dangerous than everything else we know and often kept hidden. Belive me safe nuclear is more expensive than wind and solar (unless you take risks).. Even getting rid of waste is extremely costly and harmful. Everything has negative aspect...yes renewables have carbon cost and can harm environment too but it is incomparable with negative effects of coal and other fossils. For the nuclear and hydro.. one of the major emission source is cement** & construction.. They are extremely costly to build. Nuclear has a waste issue, it isn't clean.. may be cleaner than fossils but if you want to have safe, modern and clean nuclear.. then it costs twice as much of solar&wind as of 2019. THAT is the reason of abandoning Sinop project!

Back
Top Bottom