What's new

Rename qaddafi stadium now

what you guys say abut rename or restore old name of Qaddafi stadium ? its not a shame we have name of a dictator which is part of history now and killed like a dog by own people i don't think stadium deserve this bad name now . old name was lahore stadium or rename it to any pakistani hero name . how can we rise our voice which reach to PCB officials ?
originally Lahore Stadium, the facility was renamed in 1974 in honor of the former Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi rename qaddafi stadium
On 23 October 2011 the Pakistan Cricket Board discussed renaming the stadium following the death of Gaddafi, to support the new government in Libya. The Punjab Olympic Association made a similar request in late October 2011 to the provincial chief minister, "I don't think his profile is inspirational enough to link with our cricket stadium's identity." As of April 2012, however, it does not appear that the stadium's name will be changed after all.
Totally agree name should be rotated every year as to give each parliamenterian oppurtunity to have a stadium in their name . What is tbis obsession of ribbon cutting and naming streets . In karachi there was a gors kabarastan and now its called maseehi qabarastan , i think it should be gora kabarastan and should not be renamed in the name of religion , its a part of history and culture of what is pakistan . Why dont we brainstorm of how we can mske this country great instead of renaming .

He Never hurt Pakistan matter fact he was good friend of Pak once and he was muslim i think it sud remain as it is

Totally agree with OP.
However, i have yet to find any stadium in name of benazir? How come guys? we have airport (read Isl airport), program, city etc but no stadium? why?
Kindly rename it to Sh. Benazir Bhutto International Cricket Stadium...

Name it vettimuny attapattu stadium to condemn the attack on Srilanka team.

Gaddafi Stadium should be renamed now. Long overdue. Give it some Pakistani Name. Jinnah Stadium or Lalak Jan Stadium or Lahore Stadium....

should rename it after some "democratic" happy folks that the us and coalition put in lybia after "liberating" it

• Nawaz Shareef Stadium
  • Banezir Bhutto Stadium
  • Blawal Stadium
  • Zardari Statidum
  • Altaf Hussin Statdium
  • Imran Khan Statidum
There are only these many names possible. Pick the one you hate the least.

seriously this is why I implore all of you to leave the name as it is... plus we gave a person respect and named it after him. Do not take away from that....
There is no need to change the name. He was good to Pakistan and people of Libya were living a way better life then the chaos they are dealing with due to engineered civil war.

Altaf Hussain Stadium?

Sure, you told me who you hate the least. Let rest of the countrymen pick and majority will decide. I don't hate Altaf Hussain as a person or his name, I just hate what he believes and does. His name doesn't have anything to do with either of those.

We must stand on our feet now and stop behaving like little kid waking behind his dad.
Dad says look kidi he's bad. Kid replies yeah papa he is very bad.

you have given the name now no need to change it.

It should be renamed on someone like Mehmood Gaznavi, Shar Shah Suri, Tipu Sultan, or on name of some Mughal Emperor. Or if you want some modern name then name it "Raheel Sharif". :p:

I think we should also have to rename Pakistan by Malalaistan
:Q
Lol man. Malala go to ****. We don't need her or name any of our place on her name.

Why should we rename it? He was a shaheed. He opposed the oppressors. Libya had one of the highest living standards in Africa. In the second Islamic summit in Lahore 1974, he named Pakistan the fort of Islam. Now why would we rename it? If the west wanted him out and killed then he was probably a good man.

Back
Top Bottom