What's new

Rename qaddafi stadium now

Rename it to George Bush stadium to commemorate the new military pact in 2001 between great friends pak and US

what you guys say abut rename or restore old name of Qaddafi stadium ? its not a shame we have name of a dictator which is part of history now and killed like a dog by own people i don't think stadium deserve this bad name now . old name was lahore stadium or rename it to any pakistani hero name . how can we rise our voice which reach to PCB officials ?
originally Lahore Stadium, the facility was renamed in 1974 in honor of the former Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi rename qaddafi stadium
On 23 October 2011 the Pakistan Cricket Board discussed renaming the stadium following the death of Gaddafi, to support the new government in Libya. The Punjab Olympic Association made a similar request in late October 2011 to the provincial chief minister, "I don't think his profile is inspirational enough to link with our cricket stadium's identity." As of April 2012, however, it does not appear that the stadium's name will be changed after all.

Yea, "Plungerhead Stadium" sounds cool. :alcoholic::rofl:

Rename it to George Bush stadium to commemorate the new military pact in 2001 between great friends pak and US
how about we burn it down to the ground??
we won't mind naming it as UNITED STATES OF AMERICA cricket ground but that war monger?? no way.

even mahraja ranjeet singh at least he ruled Punjab was son of Punjab but an arab dictator from 10000km away country ? no
No, we shouldn't name it Ranjit Sindh stadium, the name should be apolitical and with no religious or ethnic connotations.

If we name it Ranjit Singh stdium, it will piss off our Pashtun compatriots, imagine Afridi and Junaid Khan playing in a stadium named after their ancestral tormentors; that's why we should get rid of names like Abdalis and Ranjit Singh.

I suggest we rename it Sher-e-Punjab stadium, or Lahore Cricket Ground or maybe just sell the naming rights, to any brand to name it like Emirates stadium

LOL dear Pakistani brothers excited about cricket in Pakistan again.

NOW I get it.

I don't know the history of the stadium, but ''If'' Gaddaffi paid for the build then really we have no right to change it. If, however, he did not pay for it, then yes change it!

If you decide to rename Gaddafi stadium, also decide to abandon the nuclear program. It was Libya that funded Pakistan's nuclear program, not KSA as people like to believe. Whatever kind of leader he was, his role in Pakistan's defence cannot be ignored.

Back
Top Bottom