What's new

Remote sensing(spy) Radar Imaging Satellite(RISAT 1) launched successfully

This crazy idiot is trolling in every thread. :angry:

Go INDIA...

I am a very old member and as much as Indian as you are, neither I am trolling. But when you do not know the inside story, you should keep quite. Jitne ka rocket nahi hai usse kahin zada ka to ghotala hota hai. Quality is always compromised. that's why our satellite where they could live for 10 years comes down withing 5-6 years. Pata hai nahi kuch bol raha hai.

Eventhough I am happy that this launch is a success, I hope in future ISRO keeps the nature of the satellites a secret especially as it concerns national security.

It uses longer wavelengths than RISAT-2, which means lower resolution, but can penetrate obstacles better.

But the larger size may mean that the transmitting power is higher, which could compensate for the longer wavelengths.

Synthetic aperture radar do not have fixed resolution.Its resolution could be changed based upon requirement.Wavelenght would have marginal effect on resolution.

Eventhough I am happy that this launch is a success, I hope in future ISRO keeps the nature of the satellites a secret especially as it concerns national security.

They have done everything to keep it secret.It is being dubbed as remote sensing satellite dedicated for agriculture.Media is speculating that it is spy satellite as Israel provided with SAR for risat-2 and the this satellite could see through clouds and during night.

Synthetic aperture radar do not have fixed resolution.Its resolution could be changed based upon requirement.Wavelenght would have marginal effect on resolution.

They have done everything to keep it secret.It is being dubbed as remote sensing satellite dedicated for agriculture.Media is speculating that it is spy satellite as Israel provided with SAR for risat-2 and the this satellite could see through clouds and during night.
along with the corruption too. I do not know why we forget about antrix. Isro has problems with quality standard. And why this satellite has only 5 years life???

Resolution depends upon wavelength as well as aperture. In SARs a virtual aperture is created by combining the signals received over a period of time during which the location of the satellite shifts.

An SAR using shorter wavelengths would have different characteristics.

along with the corruption too. I do not know why we forget about antrix. Isro has problems with quality standard. And why this satellite has only 5 years life???

Antrix was a manufactured controversy by ignoramus people who could not tell the difference between terrestrial and satellite spectrum.

This satellite uses active radar which has higher attiration rate than those satellites which use passive sensor.

Congrats ISRO and its workhorse PSLV, any ways this launch was supposed to be success,No one can bring PSLV down. Waiting for GSLV MK - III with indigenous Cryogenic that will be the moment of enhanced glory for ISRO. Well as as Organization ISRO is recognized as worldwide, so there is no point proving to any trolls out here. BTW, max range of PSLV itself is 5+ km and ISRO has this proven capability since years then what took DRDO to come up with A5 this late..?

The wavelength will have its effect. Resolution depends upon wavelength as well as aperture. In SARs a virtual aperture is created by combining the signals received over a period of time during which the location of the satellite shifts.

An SAR using shorter wavelengths would have different characteristics.

I never said that wavelenght does not have it's effect.What i said was that it has only marginal effect.If Risat-1 is technically more capable than Risat-2,then even with longer wavelenght,it could have better resolution.

Thanks for clearing doubt over aperture.

I never said that wavelenght does not have it's effect.What i said was that it has only marginal effect.

The resolvable distance is directly proportional to wavelength and inversely proportional to aperture.

Here we have a synthetic large aperture so that gives a smaller distance that is resolvable.

But the dependence of wavelength remains.

Watched the complete launch video on page 2 of the thread.. :smitten: :smitten: Will make it a point to watch it live next time onwards... Many congrats to Isro and all the scientists involved... You make us proud..!!! :victory: :victory:

Back
Top Bottom