What's new

Remote sensing(spy) Radar Imaging Satellite(RISAT 1) launched successfully

Antrix was a manufactured controversy by ignoramus people who could not tell the difference between terrestrial and satellite spectrum.

This satellite uses active radar which has higher attiration rate than those satellites which use passive sensor.

so the life is only limited to 5 years where as western satellite has an average life of +9 years depending upon the conditions of outer space.

yeah good, Devas antrix was scrapped .. 60 crore ghotala in S band spectrum and then an apology. great going.

I'm happy to see any new exploration of space. Just don't get too cocky.

Is that yet another warning? Will you drop a megaton bomb if we get too cocky?

I would like to remind everyone of this prophetic quote by the visionary father of our space programme, Vikram Sarabhai:

"There are some who question the relevance of space activities in a developing nation. To us, there is no ambiguity of purpose. We do not have the fantasy of competing with the economically advanced nations in the exploration of the moon or the planets or manned space-flight."

"But we are convinced that if we are to play a meaningful role nationally, and in the community of nations, we must be second to none in the application of advanced technologies to the real problems of man and society."

This was in response to idiots at the time who were asking why India was attempting a space programme when many people didnt have food or toilets or whatever. Basically telling Indians to learn their place and not to do things beyond their reach, and leave it to "advanced" countries. Today we launch satellites for some of these "advanced" countries, we have one of the most cost effective space programmes in the world, and our accesibility and affordability of mass communication is second to none. All the hundreds of TV channels, all your cell phones and other gadgets work because of those tiny machines launched by India and orbiting the earth thousands of miles up in space - very few countries in the world can boast that, most countries have to rely on satellites launched by other countries. Not to mention the immense know-how it has spawned in many other areas. I hope we all pay tributes to this true Indian legend (Sarabhai).

kudos to ISRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to all those who are expecting replies from our friendly neighbours --GUYS THEY HAVENT RECOVERED FROM THE A-5 give them a break yar
Damn our country is giving some bumpy times to our friendly neighbours n i know our western one must be knife threatening its so called scientist to do something before India comes out with another goody....
@Indian members- if this spineless government cud do this much wonder what will happen after 2014....pray for the better sleep to my neighbours afta 2014...

I'm happy to see any new exploration of space. Just don't get too cocky.
are you nuts or what?????RISAT isnt a space exploration satellite..its a Earth exploration satellite...oh i m sorry CCP must have screend that to avoid chaos or whateva.....

and for the second bolded part of your post i am just

images

by the way whats the exact count of your total warnings to us and all......:rofl:

How our farmers get help from the data collected by ISRO. My grandfather has Agricultural lands in north karnataka, but they have never used any kind of such scientific data, nor any other farmers in my village and i think its same in the whole of country. They grow crops according to their wish and experience. Does any one know who is helping these farmers with the data, any examples...???....but if we had implemented then we would have seen some improvement in Agriculture production.

How our farmers get help from the data collected by ISRO. My grandfather has Agricultural lands in north karnataka, but they have never used any kind of such scientific data, nor any other farmers in my village and i think its same in the whole of country. They grow crops according to their wish and experience. Does any one know who is helping these farmers with the data, any examples...???....but if we had implemented then we would have seen some improvement in Agriculture production.

the Ministry of agriculture gets info from meteorological department and then it is wide spread through National channel and PSu's in the district.

for Karnataka:

Watershed development in Karnataka

My lecturer knew people from this project, and according to them data provided from ISRO was very essential for this.

The union agriculture ministry of India is setting up a remote sensing centre in New Delhi . Isro has developed basic procedures, models, and software packages for crop area and production forecasting, using remote sensing and weather data which would be passed on to the ministry for accurate Farm Forecasting. The ministry is running a country-wide project called FASAL(Forecasting of agriculture outputs through satellite, agrometeorology and Land-based observations), and The Ministry of agriculture Would Help farmers grow the right crop at the right place at the right time.

Another Warning!!!

btw we are not exploring space..it is a 'Radar imaging' satellite or u can say 'exploring China' satellite.:cheesy:

I dont think RISAT-1 is aimed at China. If you look at its orbit, it just covers a swath around the tropical latitudes, enough to cover South Asia, Tibet and south-east Asia including south-China. But the thing with spy sats is that the orbits can be changed (at a cost of satellites life) whenever in times of need.

Congrats to all my brothers and sisters we have a fire burning in our hearts and mind to get our nation to the very hights where it belongs to we will not stop not give up not bend in front of any one but we will break all barriers and achieve sucess Jai Hind

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom