What's new

Remote sensing(spy) Radar Imaging Satellite(RISAT 1) launched successfully

Can anybody give the reason for the increased weight?
I mean RISAT 2 just weighed 300 kg while RISAT 1 weighed more than 1800 kg.
Whats additional in it.

Thanks in advance.

The GSLV-III or Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark III , is a launch vehicle currently under development by the Indian Space Research Organization. GSLV Mk III is conceived and designed to make ISRO fully self reliant in launching heavier communication satellites of INSAT-4 class, which weigh 4500 to 5000 kg. It would also enhance the capability of the country to be a competitive player in the multimillion dollar commercial launch market. The vehicle envisages multi-mission launch capability for GTO, LEO, Polar and intermediate circular orbits.
GSLV-Mk III is designed to be a three stage vehicle, with 42.4 m tall with a lift off weight of 630 tonnes. First stage comprises two identical S200 Large Solid Booster (LSB) with 200 tonne solid propellant, that are strapped on to the second stage, the L110 re-startable liquid stage. The third stage is the C25 LOX/LH2 cryo stage. The large payload fairing measures 5 m in diameter and can accommodate a payload volume of 100 cu m. The development work on Mk III is progressing as per schedule for a launch in 2012.

I mean RISAT 2 just weighed 300 kg while RISAT weighed more than 1800 kg.
Whats additional in it.

Thanks in advance.

these are two different machines... designed for two different purposes...

RI SAT2 ... was proof of concept with Israeli sensors and no vector thrust loaded in system ... these sensor equipment need pretty much lower power to operate...

on the other hand RI SAT1 is the real deal... .. it can adjust its polar orbit with thrust vectoring.. has IR and SYNTHETIC APERTURE RADAR. .. in military terms speaking it can at times zoom to 10 CM with single beam focus... normal terrain monitoring around 1 meter and down... will operate to longer duration...

Congrats to ISRO and all those hard working scientists there who make all of us Proud!!!

istockphoto_9996359-indian-flag-fist.jpg

indian-flag-wallpapers-3.jpg

draft_lens10053081module90645141photo_1268934513104893xcitefun-i-m-proud-
:)

I mean RISAT 2 just weighed 300 kg while RISAT 1 weighed more than 1800 kg.
Whats additional in it.

Thanks in advance.

It uses longer wavelengths than RISAT-2, which means lower resolution, but can penetrate obstacles better.

But the larger size may mean that the transmitting power is higher, which could compensate for the longer wavelengths.

ho gaya 100 crore ka nuksaan aur 20-25 crore ka corruption . Jai ho .Jai Hind..
Mera Bharat mahan 100 main se 99 beimaan. Fed up

anyways congrats

Beautiful launch. Congratulations to ISRO.

anyway, I'm more interested in GSLV (II and III), hope they will test them soon.

Now Great job done by the ISRO.After the successful launch of A5 by DRDO.Now Im waiting for our Western neighbor to launch their satellite into the orbit.Because we launched the satellite today.i hope that they will also launch their more sophisticated satellite then us with in a week or month or year or century .

corruption kitne ka hua hoga.. in selecting tenders for developing non critical parts of the vehicle in PSU's??

Congratulation ISRO.

ho gaya 100 crore ka nuksaan aur 20-25 crore ka corruption . Jai ho .Jai Hind..
Mera Bharat mahan 100 main se 99 beimaan. Fed up

anyways congrats

This crazy idiot is trolling in every thread. :angry:

India's RISAT-1 Satellite - utility & capability

Multimode C-band AESA radar.... with electronic agility and beam steering capability for better and wide angle imagery :D

It has 1 m resolution.... :)

Go INDIA...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom