What's new

Remembering Sher Khan

Remembering Kargil heroes: How Pak soldier Captain Sher Khan was acknowledged by India too:IBNLive Videos
You can accept it or reject it, I don't care either way! I am not at liberty to tell you how I know.

Dont stress yourself. Read this thread on this forum . Also see any of the clips above.

The IA upheld the code of Honour among soldiers, acknowledeged by his family too.

Remembering Kargil heroes: How Pakistani soldier Captain Sher Khan was acknowledged by India too

A link to the article will be appreciated please.

This part above is the essence of soldiering. I find it strange that no Pak poster chose to comment upon the gentlemanly act shown by the CO of 8 Sikh.

Soldiers fight for their nations . Once they fall, they cease to be enemies . They deserve respect even from those whom they fought.

The case of Lt Saurabh Kalia comes to mind but I shall refrain from going further.

I shall wait till I read the link before I comment on this school boy remark

@Horus, @nair, @SpArK @SrNair @levina @fatman17 @Imran Khan @Abingdonboy @Oscar @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Akheilos
sipahi maqbool hussain 1965....any memories of him?

Ironically @third eye easily left out this part

"Some of the Sikh soldiers became ecstatic that they had indeed made the 'intruder' recite his final Kalima. Two of them ran to Sher Khan's body to kick it from a sitting position into a one where his head was touching the ground."

"Some of the Sikh soldiers became ecstatic that they had indeed made the 'intruder' recite his final Kalima. Two of them ran to Sher Khan's body to kick it from a sitting position into a one where his head was touching the ground."

I asked the poster for a link before I would comment.

He choses not to disclose it. How can anyone comment on something without a link to verify ?

Do you remember when I said, we know the reality of the Indian Army? There POWs were crying like women. They ran like cowards as mentioned in the article.

The emaan was bolstered of the regular Army when they were with the Mujahadeen. They felt invincible as Allah was with them. By Allah, if ONLY we had a real Muslim leader you would see taking back Kashmir and Saichen is NOTHING. That GHAIR-Musharaf back-stabbed us!!! The Hindu Army knows the reality no matter how much it lies.

May Allah bless our Shuhadah and give them Al-Firdous. Amin!
In order to glorify your saheed, no need to degrade our people who have recommended him for bravery. And please do not bring POW. We can degrade your soldiers in that account.

By the way, he is a brave man. He deserves respect.

sipahi maqbool hussain 1965....any memories of him?

Ironically @third eye easily left out this part

But they did not. Did they ?their CO stopped them. I can not say the same thing about your soldiers.

He choses not to disclose it. How can anyone comment on something without a link to verify ?
That is a false propaganda. This happened when there were no Pakistanis present except Sher Khan. I dont know, what these people gets by spreading a propaganda.

LOLZZZZZ.

Interestingly article link is not there but despite that u chose to highlight CO's gesture but when it came to mistreatment part u instantly wanted link.

Yea let him come online to give the link.

Last edited:
I find it strange that no Pak poster chose to comment upon the gentlemanly act shown by the CO of 8 Sikh.
I think you answered that:

is the essence of soldiering.
Meaning it is fundamental so are you saying even fundamental is rare in india that we need to comment on it?

Just wondering what sort of response you were expecting...Like a wow ...But since it is expected of him why should it be commented on? :unsure:

The case of Lt Saurabh Kalia comes to mind but I shall refrain from going further.

Yes...you should 'cause then the case of Sipahi Maqbool Hussain would come to ours !

So try not to backdoor some Holier than Thou nonsense here.

Why hasn't the army given him honorary Colonels rank?
Kernal was not his rank, it was his nickname given to him by his grandfather when Sher was still a child because of his bravery and love of soldiering.

A link to the article will be appreciated please.

This part above is the essence of soldiering. I find it strange that no Pak poster chose to comment upon the gentlemanly act shown by the CO of 8 Sikh.

Soldiers fight for their nations . Once they fall, they cease to be enemies . They deserve respect even from those whom they fought.
This who story is written by an officer of Pak Army ...also Sher Khan's citation was read with almost the same facts as written and before his burial ...A letter of commendation which was sent by the Indian Army was shown to his relatives in District Swabi ....!

/
There was no point to bring that in this thread.

PA never admitted torturing anyone.
While below is an eyewitness account of a brutality committed by IA.

"I had to look three times to make sure I was seeing right. Balanced on one knee, in a tiny alley behind the army’s administrative offices, I was peering through a hole in a corrugated tin sheet. At first glance, all I could see were some leaves. I looked harder and amidst all the green, there was a hint of black – it looked like a moustache. “Look again,” said the army colonel, in a tone that betrayed suppressed excitement. This time, I finally saw.

It was a head, the disembodied face of a slain soldier nailed onto a tree. “The boys got it as a gift for the brigade,” said the colonel, softly, but proudly. Before I could react, the show was over. A faded gunny bag appeared from nowhere, shrouded the soldier’s face, the brown of the bag now merging indistinguishably with the green of the leaves. Minutes later, we walked past the same tree where the three soldiers who had earlier unveiled the victory trophy were standing. From the corner of his eye, the colonel exchanged a look of shard achievement, and we moved on. We were firmly in the war zone."

Confessions of a war reporter

Back
Top Bottom