What's new

Religious debates on other nations.

Religious in countries other than your own, allowed to discuss or not.

• Yes, I would like to discuss other nations religious issues

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No, I prefer people minding their own business then it comes to religion.

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should be have a social and domestic issue section for Indians or Somalians.. we aren't a spiteful people.. or are we?

So we'll let the religious debates stay, but keep other nationalities out of it? what say you?... or should that restriction just be confined to thread starting.

People tend to get very emotional and lose their senses when it comes to religion and we have seen its repercussions many a times in Pakistan and around the world. I think by banning religious threads and making it a taboo, we are strengthening the notion that " don't talk about religion or it is gonna get ugly". We should allow religious debates but enforce some strict rules as to how one will go about it to ensure that no one's sentiments are hurt. In my opinion by doing this, gradually we will be able to train people to talk logically and non-violently about religious issues instead of just yelling Blasphemy.

Fine, take off threads like "India: progressing, but still a long way to go", "India's economy", "Bolywood threads", "TATA threads": all Indian threads that are not related to defense. If you don't want to do that, Indians should not be allowed to create threads on Pakistan's domestic affairs.

Arent we just talking about Religion related threads ??

People tend to get very emotional and lose their senses when it comes to religion and we have seen its repercussions many a times in Pakistan and around the world. I think by banning religious threads and making it a taboo, we are strengthening the notion that " don't talk about religion or it is gonna get ugly". We should allow religious debates but enforce some strict rules as to how one will go about it to ensure no one's sentiments are hurt. In my opinion by doing this, gradually we will be able to train people to talk logically and non-violently about religious issues instead of just yelling Blasphemy.

Agreed, But what of thread that are made with the spiteful intention of ridiculing another country, regardless of whatever religion is being used to flame such sentiments.

Religion is personal and has got no place in a good forum let's stick to what we are here for.

Agreed, But what of thread that are made with the spiteful intention of ridiculing another country, regardless of whatever religion is being used to flame such sentiments.

Not tooting my own horn but this might be something that we can work upon.

I suggested that there should be a 7:3 ratio when posting threads. A member MUST post 7 threads outa 10 about his own country. Also, when posting a thread about another country regardless of the issue, a member needs to have approval of three of his countrymen who will vouch for the quality of the thread. If the thread turns out to be a troll fest, all the 4 member will be up for bans/infractions.

Why let PDF be bullied into submission by a few loose threads?Where's the charm if PDF stops being progressive?

Fine, take off threads like "India: progressing, but still a long way to go", "India's economy", "Bolywood threads", "TATA threads": all Indian threads that are not related to defense. If you don't want to do that, Indians should not be allowed to create threads on Pakistan's domestic affairs.
are up kidding..or just being ignorant??
Take down two names...riaz haq and hafizz. I've nothing more to say on the topic.

Waise i see ur favourite topic in indiam section is maoist insurgency...keep it up.

Not tooting my own horn but this might be something that we can work upon.

I suggested that there should be a 7:3 ratio when posting threads. A member MUST post 7 threads outa 10 about his own country. Also, when posting a thread about another country regardless of the issue, a member needs to have approval of three of his countrymen who will vouch for the quality of the thread. If the thread turns out to be a troll fest, all the 4 member will be up for bans/infractions.

The problem is with the complicated nature of your post, my peeps will always vouch for me.. so it becomes useless then.
and it will also become difficult for the administration to keep track off.. what we need is a rule proposed that either fixes severe punishment for offenders in such threads.. or disallows such threads by members NOT OF THAT country.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Why let PDF be bullied into submission by a few loose threads?Where's the charm if PDF stops being progressive?

I dont intend to let it be bullied, rather.. allow the administration more flexibility when and where such threads are concerned..

There was a thread wishing people happy diwali and one windjammer posted something where no action was taken he was not banned i know this is pdf but that was not fair.

Religion and terrorism are so deeply entwined that you cannot ignore the two. look at how only the islamic countries are getting attacked right now

Diwali hopes dashed as poor Hindus denied financial help

Windjammer posted this on a happy diwali thread i dk why? :what:

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Dude lets not go that road otherwise it will result in mud slinging match i seen post on minorities in India also

The problem is with the complicated nature of your post, my peeps will always vouch for me.. so it becomes useless then.
and it will also become difficult for the administration to keep track off.. what we need is a rule proposed that either fixes severe punishment for offenders in such threads.. or disallows such threads by members NOT OF THAT country.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I dont intend to let it be bullied, rather.. allow the administration more flexibility when and where such threads are concerned..

The Problem of allowing hateful threads from people just of that country is that this forum has a number of "false flaggers" who have registered under the flag of Pakistan just to by-pass that kind of restriction. Such devious people should be exposed.

The Problem of allowing hateful threads from people just of that country is that this forum has a number of "false flaggers" who have registered under the flag of Pakistan just to by-pass that kind of restriction. Such devious people should be exposed.

This attitude swings both ways actually.. But yes, I agree with you..

It will not change he fact that it is a troll thread. If my friends vouch for a thread that I make and it is a troll's heaven, people and administrators will see it. Me and my peeps will face the music and our reputation will be on the line. If someone misuses the privilege of vouching, take away the right of vouching just like you take away the right of posting new threads.

I know it will increase the administrator's load but not a bad price to pay the keep the quality of the forum right up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom