India
Do you know red tapism?

Obviously who doesn't know.

Do you know this man?

main-qimg-9b2917d2e579fb08804b79167d222b2f.webp

Most probably no.

Am I correct?

Let me tell you,

He is Amol Yadav, a pilot with a private airline who lives in Mumbai.

He thought he had everything going for his dream. He built a six-seater aircraft, which was featured in the government’s ‘Make in India’ program, on the terrace of his home. He had the backing of the Maharashtra government, which, impressed with his efforts, offered him land and funds to build 19-seater planes. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had even apprised Prime Minister about the project.

main-qimg-7d3da1de6e2faf2686b70b5937c16f03.webp

Now the sad part, he is moving with all his innovations to the USA.

Observe the above photo,

On the right side people are from his team listening and seeing the PPT, whereas on the left side Government officials are getting bored. This is not fascinating for them.

Amol Yadav

I wanted my aircraft to have an Indian registration, but in our country innovation is considered to be a crime. So I am arranging for funds to take my aircraft to the US to get registered there. The whole process takes less than a month, compared to the six years that I have wasted here.

I am giving myself a month’s time if I am not able to get funds, then I invite the people of Mumbai to a unique funeral where I will take my six-seater aircraft to Bandra Kurla Complex, where it was first showcased during the ‘Make in India’ week, and then take a hammer and break it down because our country doesn’t like to encourage enterprise by the common man.

Just read the statements, what exactly went wrong.

Do you know how many times, his planes have been tested?

Zero times. What?

main-qimg-24c448bd775d881503b74732bced1acf.webp

Yadav is now on the verge of completing his 19-seater aircraft, which would be the first to be built indigenously. That’s something the National Aerospace Laboratories hasn’t been able to achieve even after working for several years and sinking in crores of rupees.

Yadav wants to present a demo of the six-seater flight. However, the D.G.C.A. has consistently refused to register Yadav’s aircraft over the years, effectively denying him the ability to demonstrate it can fly. D.G.C.A, according to the Maharashtra government, has created road blocks for the project.

According to ET,[1]

Fadnavis once met PM again in New Delhi in the last week of April, following which Sanjeev Kumar Singla, the PM’s private secretary, was called in and asked to get involved with the D.G.C.A.

Still, the D.G.C.A. refused to budge. In fact, the regulator uploaded a new draft on August 28 with provisions that would ensure that no one in the country could hope to build an experimental aircraft.

One revised provision stipulates the maximum weight of a new aircraft should not exceed 1,500 kg, just below the 1,600 kg Yadav mentioned in his application. This is unusual because in countries that encourage aircraft manufacturing such as the US, there are no weight restrictions. The D.G.C.A. also states in several places that aircraft should be built as per minimum standards, without specifying what those norms are.

D.G.C.A. said it was only following the rules of the International Civil Aviation Organization, a UN agency. ET checked the I.C.A.O. rules, which don’t ask any member country to deny registration to anyone building an aircraft.

What is wrong with D.G.C.A.?

Why it is giving fake reasons?

Reason is red tape.

India made some of its fighter planes, started space mission on its own. We made them just because, no country was selling it to us.

Is India not capable of making aircraft?

From the perspective of officials at D.G.C.A.

Why do make cheaper planes in our country, when we can purchase it from outside at ten times higher price. We are making good pocket money in these deals, Don’t allow this man. The higher price will give higher margin(cut), Sir.

The last line, he said, I agree with him.

I felt very encouraged by ‘ease of doing business’ and the ‘Make in India’ initiative by Prime Minister. However, I have realized that while the PM may be passionate about these initiatives, for the rest of the bureaucracy, these are just slogans

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...&utm_medium=text&utm_source=contentofinterest

Do you know red tapism?

Obviously who doesn't know.

Do you know this man?

main-qimg-9b2917d2e579fb08804b79167d222b2f.webp

Most probably no.

Am I correct?

Let me tell you,

He is Amol Yadav, a pilot with a private airline who lives in Mumbai.

He thought he had everything going for his dream. He built a six-seater aircraft, which was featured in the government’s ‘Make in India’ program, on the terrace of his home. He had the backing of the Maharashtra government, which, impressed with his efforts, offered him land and funds to build 19-seater planes. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had even apprised Prime Minister about the project.

main-qimg-7d3da1de6e2faf2686b70b5937c16f03.webp

Now the sad part, he is moving with all his innovations to the USA.

Observe the above photo,

On the right side people are from his team listening and seeing the PPT, whereas on the left side Government officials are getting bored. This is not fascinating for them.

Amol Yadav

I wanted my aircraft to have an Indian registration, but in our country innovation is considered to be a crime. So I am arranging for funds to take my aircraft to the US to get registered there. The whole process takes less than a month, compared to the six years that I have wasted here.

I am giving myself a month’s time if I am not able to get funds, then I invite the people of Mumbai to a unique funeral where I will take my six-seater aircraft to Bandra Kurla Complex, where it was first showcased during the ‘Make in India’ week, and then take a hammer and break it down because our country doesn’t like to encourage enterprise by the common man.

Just read the statements, what exactly went wrong.

Do you know how many times, his planes have been tested?

Zero times. What?

main-qimg-24c448bd775d881503b74732bced1acf.webp

Yadav is now on the verge of completing his 19-seater aircraft, which would be the first to be built indigenously. That’s something the National Aerospace Laboratories hasn’t been able to achieve even after working for several years and sinking in crores of rupees.

Yadav wants to present a demo of the six-seater flight. However, the D.G.C.A. has consistently refused to register Yadav’s aircraft over the years, effectively denying him the ability to demonstrate it can fly. D.G.C.A, according to the Maharashtra government, has created road blocks for the project.

According to ET,[1]

Fadnavis once met PM again in New Delhi in the last week of April, following which Sanjeev Kumar Singla, the PM’s private secretary, was called in and asked to get involved with the D.G.C.A.

Still, the D.G.C.A. refused to budge. In fact, the regulator uploaded a new draft on August 28 with provisions that would ensure that no one in the country could hope to build an experimental aircraft.

One revised provision stipulates the maximum weight of a new aircraft should not exceed 1,500 kg, just below the 1,600 kg Yadav mentioned in his application. This is unusual because in countries that encourage aircraft manufacturing such as the US, there are no weight restrictions. The D.G.C.A. also states in several places that aircraft should be built as per minimum standards, without specifying what those norms are.

D.G.C.A. said it was only following the rules of the International Civil Aviation Organization, a UN agency. ET checked the I.C.A.O. rules, which don’t ask any member country to deny registration to anyone building an aircraft.

What is wrong with D.G.C.A.?

Why it is giving fake reasons?

Reason is red tape.

India made some of its fighter planes, started space mission on its own. We made them just because, no country was selling it to us.

Is India not capable of making aircraft?

From the perspective of officials at D.G.C.A.

Why do make cheaper planes in our country, when we can purchase it from outside at ten times higher price. We are making good pocket money in these deals, Don’t allow this man. The higher price will give higher margin(cut), Sir.

The last line, he said, I agree with him.

I felt very encouraged by ‘ease of doing business’ and the ‘Make in India’ initiative by Prime Minister. However, I have realized that while the PM may be passionate about these initiatives, for the rest of the bureaucracy, these are just slogans

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/red-tape-kills-a-pilots-dream-to-build-aircraft/articleshow/61043602.cms?utm_campaign=cppst+(http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/61043602.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_campaign=cppst)&utm_medium=text&utm_medium=text&utm_source=contentofinterest

This breaks my heart really.

Unless the babu culture exists and hard and swift rules are not made to discourage and punish these barely 12th pass bureaucratic leeches no amount of fervour will push indigenisation.

Entrepreneurship and R&D should be encouraged like they did and do in America.
The DOD actively funds such indigenisation as well as every other branch of the US government.
Which has resulted in the most vibrant and the most advanced military industrial complex on the face of the earth.
Our babus on the other hand punish our young entrepreneurs and make the process so grueling that it sucks the zeal out of them.

There was a news article not a few months ago which recounted how Tonbo had approached the Indian army about their nvgs and other sights and were rejected forthright by the IA, and only after a joint exercise with the US navy where they saw the SEALS using Tonbo's equipment did they finally give them a chance.

This is what we are dealing with.

I see the Modi administration trying to make things better and against even their own party people's wishes instituting anti lazy union and capitalist practices but it is just not fast enough if we want things to change by 2020-2025.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom