What's new

RED DOT SIGHTS for Pakistan Army G3A3 and Chinese SMG

I would like to correct myself here Red dots does'nt give us any serious advantage in long range firing(bcoz of their small magnification of 1x and 1.5x) they just help the soldiers in taking out targets quickly .

I think ACOG should have been a better option for G3A3s.

A Red Dot Sight is only a tool for fast acquisition of target within 100m or so & it is not designed for long range shooting. Anything longer, a rifle is much better off with either a magnification scope for day or a thermal sight for night engagement. PA main requirement was to have a sight with 1x magnification and an effective engagement range of 25m for its red dot sight selection program. This puts the sight in more of a CQB domain then anything else. The MIRA sight from Romania is of ACOG design but its too big, rather ugly on a G3 and SMG and very heavy standing at 367 grams (vs 260 grams required by PA)!!!

because you cannot even spell these word properly..........better speak in local language

Which words ?
P.S: You started the word 'Because' with a small b which is incorrect by gramatical standards and you did not put 'the' before local, which is also a mistake I wish to point out. If you want to play 'a$$hole' then let's do it! If you aren't an assistant professor of English at the Cambridge University then you have no right to correct other's writing. That too so rudely.

Red dots are not used for long or medium range shooting, they are meant for quick target acquisition. aimpoint red dots mean serious business, they are top of the line. This is an excellent choice for smg's and carbines and will provide an edge for COIN CCB operations.

in karachi these days i see every ranger or army soldier equipped with AK47 fitted dot sight and grenade launchers

in karachi these days i see every ranger or army soldier equipped with AK47 fitted dot sight and grenade launchers

Are you sure about that ?
They might use the laser for accurate shooting but than it gives away the position.
It's like shooting tracers.

That is a doubtful statement unless you can post pictures. In LEA's role, armed forces are not allowed to carry UBGL (Under Barrel Grenade Launchers) with any weapon as this is a lethal area weapon and using it against your own people and civilians is a heinous crime. Red Dot sights from Aimpoint (Comp M3) are currently only in service with either the SSG or a few special Army guard units at GHQ. I have not seen either Rangers of Army LEA units carrying the red dot sights on their weapons as they do not need it in the said role.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Are you sure about that ?
They might use the laser for accurate shooting but than it gives away the position.
It's like shooting tracers.

CORRECTION - A Red Dot Sight is NOT a Laser Aiming Sight! No laser is emitted towards the target while using a red dot sight therefore no question of giving away any tactical position.

That is a doubtful statement unless you can post pictures. In LEA's role, armed forces are not allowed to carry UBGL (Under Barrel Grenade Launchers) with any weapon as this is a lethal area weapon and using it against your own people and civilians is a heinous crime. Red Dot sights from Aimpoint (Comp M3) are currently only in service with either the SSG or a few special Army guard units at GHQ. I have not seen either Rangers of Army LEA units carrying the red dot sights on their weapons as they do not need it in the said role.

Are the guys that guard Karachi airport SSG officers, because this past summer I seen one soldier with a steyr Aug with a red dot site installed.

Are the guys that guard Karachi airport SSG officers, because this past summer I seen one soldier with a steyr Aug with a red dot site installed.
i think AUG comes pre fitted with a 4x site and its not red dot.

The AUG Steyr used by the FC and ASF comes pre-fitted with an aiming scope that has a 'glow' dot that is only visible in daylight. Just like the FN P90 used by the Air Force SSG that comes pre-fitted with an aiming mark used only for day time and low light conditions. In both cases the said is NOT A RED DOT SIGHT!

the security ASF guys at Lahore airport also use Steyr AUG, saw that yesterday.

Any idea which Chineese Red dot is on offer??

Here is one

China-made-Reflex-red-dot-sight_02.jpg

China-made-Reflex-red-dot-sight_04.jpg

-Reticle: Red Dot