What's new

Recommendation for NEW UNSC:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have assumed that Arab league(20%) and ASEAN(14%) would include Muslims. Alongwith India that would cover about 45% of the global world Muslim population.

But just hypothetically speaking,
I think KSA would not be too eager for this. They avoid politicizing issues and prefer to keep quiet. Plus just because they look after the holy mosques in Mecca and Medina (which everyone respects) doesn't mean everyone will agree with them.

What about Indonesia? Its the only Muslim country with almost a trillion dollar economy, the largest Muslim country by population representing 13% of the global Muslim population and also a democratic one. It also has an increasingly powerful armed forces and a regional power in ASEAN.

Nice observation Ejaz bhai... I think for Muslim representation Indonesia being the largest Muslim populated country and with the largest economy in the Muslim world should be an obvious choice ..and more over with India also being present with it's second largest Muslim population I think almost half of the Muslim world will get representation... The obvious choices are

1.USA
2.Russia
3.China
4.Japan
5.Germany
6.India
7.Indonesia
8.Britain/France
9.South Africa
10.Brazil

:cheers:

My choice

5 permanent veto power member countries

1) China
2) Germany (Currently the most powerful European country)
3) The most powerful Islamic country (could be either Turkey or Pakistan)
4) USA
5) India

4 Non-veto permanent member countries:

1) Egypt
2) Australia
3) South Africa
4) Brazil

The reason why I included India is because it is an emerging economic and military power just like China and is a global player in economic terms. I am a Pakistani myself but it doesn't mean that I am pro-India as my heart will always be with Pakistan. We all must live in a reality and the reality is that India is a key world power. On the other hand, I recommended either Pakistan or Turkey so that there be a balance of power in UNSC where China+Islamic Member can counter the USA for a safer world. India may be our enemy but USA is the worst enemy of the world which always betrays its allies. Pakistan and India should resolve their petty issues and live in harmony. Trying to show egoism to each other will only benefit USA which always created tensions around the world.

dude..you didnt include Russia?? :confused:

dude..you didnt include Russia?? :confused:
I did not include Russia because I believe that the criteria for UNSC must not be a largely barren and empty land in which an underpopulated nation lives. It was a world power in the Cold War but now China+India+Most Powerful Islamic Member represent the east. Russia is a bit overrated country which now largely depends on economic power but not military. I may include it as an extra non-veto member country

Last edited:
I did not include Russia because I believe that the criteria for UNSC must not be a largely barren and empty land in which an underpopulated nation lives. It was a world power in the Cold War but now China+India+Most Powerful Islamic Member represent the east. Russia is a bit overrated country which only growled but never acted in a sensible way.

If population is a criteria, then you shouldnt even include Germany in your list. and more over Germany is nothing but a Passive USA constitutionally..

Russia though is not an USSR any more.. but it still is and will be relevant in the near future.. Its qualified bcos..
1.Its the largest country in the world.
2.World's second/third largest oil reserves
3.World's first/second largest Natural gas reserves
4.one of the top defense powers with more than half of the world as it's cusotmers
5. World's Top second Space industry..

If population is a criteria, then you shouldnt even include Germany in your list. and more over Germany is nothing but a Passive USA constitutionally..

Russia though is not an USSR any more.. but it still is and will be relevant in the near future.. Its qualified bcos..
1.Its the largest country in the world.
2.World's second/third largest oil reserves
3.World's first/second largest Natural gas reserves
4.one of the top defense powers with more than half of the world as it's cusotmers
5. World's Top second Space industry..
Germany is the number 1 technology maker in the world and the largest economic power of Europe and its population is not as low against the landsize if compared to Russia. Russia is a thing of the past which may have some influence but is not the growling tiger of its former self. It only wants revenge from those who destroyed its military might. I do agree that it is an economic power but should be placed as a non-veto member.

Global Military spending of 2008 shows that USA spent $711 billion, China $122 billion, EU $289 billion while Russia spent $70 billion

Last edited:
My suggestions
4 Permanent Veto Members:
1 - USA Super Power No need to explain
2 - China Super Power of Asia
3 - Russia Russia is still relevant.
4 - Most powerful country of EU I think Germany and Britian are 2 options..French are cowards.

5 Permanent non-Veto Members:

1 - India Should move to Permanent Veto Power in a decade or so.
2 - Brazil Another super economic power
3 - Pakistan (Nuclear Power - Located at Strong Strategic Location and Muslims need representation in UNSC) BUT I think Indonesia would be a better option until Pakistan develops economically as well.
4 - Japan
5 - Turkey The strongest Muslim Nation both economically and millitarlity.

Last edited:
Current Veto Members

China
France
Russian Federation
United Kingdom
United States

My proposed Veto Members

China
Russian Federation
USA
UK/Germany/France (All three forming a consortium for them self)
India
Brazil

Permanent Non-Veto

Japan
Turkey
South Africa
Argentina
Indonesia
Australia/New Zealand (consortium)

Temporary Non-Veto members 3 seats.

This will sum up to 15 members in the UNSC. which is the same now with 5 Permanent members with Veto and non-veto 10 members.

I dont see anybody in the current UNSC giving away their status. Yes its going to be difficult to convince UK/Germany/France to combine together for 1 vote together.

Last edited:
a very radical idea:

USA
EU
Russia
China
India

no one else.

the EU combined has the population, economy and military to match with the big 3. India has the potential to match the big 3 in the future. No one else is qualified.

UNSC is not about being fair. fairness is worth nothing in international politics. UNSC is about keeping the world relatively balanced between major powers.

a very radical idea:

USA
EU
Russia
China
India

no one else.

the EU combined has the population, economy and military to match with the big 3. India has the potential to match the big 3 in the future. No one else is qualified.

UNSC is not about being fair. fairness is worth nothing in international politics. UNSC is about keeping the world relatively balanced between major powers.

Yea I agree with your comment below. The problem is to find a amicable list which is agreeable to everybody. If we are looking for an ideal list then current deadlock will continue.

a very radical idea:

USA
EU
Russia
China
India

no one else.

The problem with that is when you include a region, especially the EU, they are not united. Each member state would act according to their own interests. One voice, cannot represent every member.

The problem with that is when you include a region, especially the EU, they are not united. Each member state would act according to their own interests. One voice, cannot represent every member.

Then reduce it to 4. streamline it into the big 3 + the only nation with the potential to catch up to the big 3. also makes it more fair as UK is essentially an american colony and france's influence is dwindling by the day.

Then reduce it to 4. streamline it into the big 3 + the only nation with the potential to catch up to the big 3. also makes it more fair as UK is essentially an american colony and france's influence is dwindling by the day.

Will the current Veto members agree to down sizing. I think the only way to go forward is make room and do a bit of restructuring.

you cant move out any of the present members...

US
UK
France
India
Japan
China
Russia
Brazil
Australia
Germany
And Saudi Arabia .. The most influential and respected muslim country.

Each Continenet gets represented.

All Top 5 economies and military powers are in.

I strongly believe, though not a proper criterion, arab world needs a proper representation...
This is one big step to raise voice and the status of muslim population all over the world.

Think....... had a muslim nation been there no Iraq would have occoured.... Which was nothing but a oil war at the cost of iraqi lives.

I donno wat you guys discussing.

If you all think that any of the current P5 countries will ever relinquish their UNSC seats then it is absurd and that will never happen. So the only way to move forward is to expand it.

India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Brazil, SA are all strong contenders in their own ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom