What's new

Reasons why Bangladeshis dislike India.

interesting halaqa.

interesting point from 7:50 to 10:28.

afterwards he said Bengali people were united in a way by Tagore and company around 1905 and 1911. i don't care how Tagore and company prospered in colonial period, and how Bengali Muslims and their heritage and socioeconomic position went down the gutter. but Tagore and company became the very symbols post-1947 to suppress Bengali Muslim heritage using a boogeyman called "suppression from Punjab ruling elite". i took some exception to his pro-Tagore remarks and no opposition to the Indian remaking of East Pakistan into Bangladesh.

btw i'm very open to ideas that 1947 Partition should not have been done, especially the way it was done.

but i'm not open to the idea that Muslim Bengal was less independent before 1971

Hafiz Mushfique Uddin should have demanded that the "secularists" correct themselves on the facts that they or their predecessors:
1. Made a sovereign country of East Pakistan dysfunctional around 1970
2. Actively helped the Indian government to invade East Pakistan
3. Committed atrocities on ethnic lines on ordinary non-Bengali people and on political lines, on anyone who were against Indian invasion and hence a "razakar"/volunteer
4. Distorted the 1947 constitution and national framework - that provided basis of the very existence of this Muslim-majority area in Bengal and provided rights to the people and their culture that belonged to it

I think you need to look at historY carefully. The Bengal region has always been the most affluent in South Asia throughout history. And even during the British Raj, the Brits had many prominent people from the Bengal region in their administration while they had people from other regions of British India do their dirty work. They never respected the brain power of say, the Punjabis, and so used them in the fields. And just look at over the last 20 years, Bangladesh has been rising very fast Now that it's finally a free country, and has virtually caught up with Pakistan in GDP. Ignore the figures on the Internet, those are outdated. Bangladesh GDP is probably around the 200bn mark and growing at around 6%, despite the constant political infighting. Bengalis did shoot themselves in the feet as Bengali upper castes colluded with the Britosh to ensure Bangladeshis were deprived an education, which was then used by Pakistanis to take advantage. However, now that it is free of all the injustices of the last 200 years it is fast getting back to its heyday.

Ignore them and i agree bangladesh has done considerable well compared to Pakistan on economic sector.Bright future await bangladesh.

I am happy for you people :)

You did nothing. We ourselves divided it to get rid of religious fanatics. Remember only Congress was allowed to vote for determining the faith of the country.

That's hysterical considering the extreme religious fanatics in India were against partition and at times, worked with Congress to prevent any divisions. How do you come up with this sort of drivel?

"they never respected the brain power" of Bengali Muslims either, but because of political reasons. and the quote below may be a long term effect of that.

do you think Bangladesh was not free in 1947? how come it became a "free country" only after the 1971 indian invasion?
What's your love for Punjabis, dude? Just because they are Muslim doesn't mean we ought to make a special place in our hearts for them. There are Muslims all over the world. Bangladesh getting independence in 1971 was the best thing that could have happened to the country, though in saying that, we have to make sure we remain completely uninfluenced by India.

What's your love for Punjabis, dude? Just because they are Muslim doesn't mean we ought to make a special place in our hearts for them. There are Muslims all over the world. Bangladesh getting independence in 1971 was the best thing that could have happened to the country, though in saying that, we have to make sure we remain completely uninfluenced by India.
i have love for Punjabi Muslims the same way i have love for Sylhetis for example. there are Muslims all over the world, true. but we see Punjabi Muslims and other subcontinental Muslims in a slightly different way.

East Pakistan was the main Pakistan in terms of grassroots support for the creation of a paak sthan, and in terms of population (majority of Pakistanis were East Pakistanis). a sovereign East Pakistan being forced to change into something that conflicts itself is far from being the best thing to happen to us. whether India let's go of its dirty grip on us or not, we have to accept the reality that no one among us wanted to change from an East Pakistani into Bangladeshi under the leadership of extreme Muslimphobes.

we did not become East Pakistan because West Pakistan told us to do so. us being East Pakistan had nothing to do with whether some of us 'liked' our brethren in West or not, even if all West Pakistanis literally were monsters that fed on the flesh of Bengali Muslims.

Shocking to know.

that's why they say "know both face of the coins and then toss it in the air".

Just as u thing that Pakistan has one work to do : Terrorism..... so both states blame each other for no reason.... and the one who started the fight is India! So unless u dont declare Pakis as good citizens i dont think u too can hide from up comming dangerous blames! :p

that's why your country is getting converted into terror hub.You are fighting and creating the terrorists at the same time.Good terrorists and bad terrorists

that's why they say "know both face of the coins and then toss it in the air".

that's why your country is getting converted into terror hub.You are fighting and creating the terrorists at the same time.Good terrorists and bad terrorists
Excuse me? we cant create terrorists in our own homeland.... You are providing aid to them actually..

Excuse me? we cant create terrorists in our own homeland.... You are providing aid to them actually..
really no you are creating terrorists for proxy war against India and at the same time you are fighting with rebels on western borders .This holier than thou attitude n we are innocent everyone want to kill us is called denial mode and this is costing you big time.

A Strong and independent Bangladesh will threaten the existence of India.
Another expert on Bangladesh

If india really wants BD to respect them then they should stop showing concerns over BD when it buys some military equipments or strengthens ties with other countries.

And by the way i hope india gives up on illegally occupied territories of West Bengal, Assam, Bihar & Manipur which was an integral part of BD for improving better relations.
One sided reply,what about ill-legal immigrants coming from Bangladesh to India even the UN report says

Today you say HAsina is a corrupt leader planted by GOI, tomorrow if Khaleda comes to power, you'll find her also corrupt and you'll say GOI has installed her by rigghing elections. Tum logon ka kuch nahi ho sakta.
Correctly said,whatever happens wrong in Bangladesh,it is bcoz of India & India only

"closet Pakistanis"?

i don't think all Indians are so intolerant of Muslims like you and i dont' think all of them are so supportive of India's dirty work in East Pakistan and Bangladesh as much

We indians don't need a certificate from u to display our tolerance. What dirty work Indians have done in Bangladesh.

To be fair, I don't think Bangladeshis could care less what is happening in Kashmir. That is none of our business.

I don't say this in a disparaging way but the Kashmiri issue just isn't our business, it's an external matter. But I hope they get their desired wish for freedom.
Can u say the same for Balochis

a friend of my has married a bangladeshi girl from dhaka :P .. may be that's why a few dislike out of jealousy

Why oh why did we give you little lungi fish eaters independence in 1971?

That is where your brain stopped functioning. It was Bangladeshi people and their independence saved india from disintegrating. And not to mention Bangladesh support feeding more than 15-20% of indian population. indians should be grateful and call Bangladeshis "sir" and ask for next order.

Back
Top Bottom