What's new

Reason behind improvement in Qatar - GCC relations

Anyone nice enough to translate the main points in English

also, in my opinion, i would say its because it opened the eyes of all GCC states how "others" were starting to take advantage of this crack in a terrible manner.

very simple and very simplistic view , but I think it is the main reason

Anyone nice enough to translate the main points in English

also, in my opinion, i would say its because it opened the eyes of all GCC states how "others" were starting to take advantage of this crack in a terrible manner.

very simple and very simplistic view , but I think it is the main reason

I don't think that you are analysing the reason correctly. Of course, it goes without saying that "Others" will take advantage if there's a rift amongst any countries. And if UAE didn't know this before, I would feel aorry for their wisdom.

Real reason is that bullies tried to bully a smaller nation and expected them to come on their knees as a result of that bullying, but they failed miserably. Now bullies are back into their senses.

I don't think that you are analysing the reason correctly. Of course, it goes without saying that "Others" will take advantage if there's a rift amongst any countries. And if UAE didn't know this before, I would feel aorry for their wisdom.

Real reason is that bullies tried to bully a smaller nation and expected them to come on their knees as a result of that bullying, but they failed miserably. Now bullies are back into their senses.

Bullies go for you for no reason

There was a reason why the GCC blockaded Qatar, several reasons actually. Ranging from funding terrorist groups to spreading blatant lies on al jazeerah Arabic, especially during the Arab spring , resulting in thousands of more deaths ..etc

So no , i suspect that anyone was brought to their knees , lets leave Bollywood or Turkish soap opera drama out of this :P i think my reasoning made more sense

Qatar signed defense treaty with Turkey before being forced out of the GCC and once the GCC used threatening words Qatar invited Turkey forces. Turkey has permanent bases in Qatar. Qatar's sovereignty was never in doubt or up for grasp nor will Qatar's sovereignity ever be up for grasp this much is certain

Bullies go for you for no reason

There was a reason why the GCC blockaded Qatar, several reasons actually. Ranging from funding terrorist groups to spreading blatant lies on al jazeerah Arabic, especially during the Arab spring , resulting in thousands of more deaths ..etc

So no , i suspect that anyone was brought to their knees , lets leave Bollywood or Turkish soap opera drama out of this :P i think my reasoning made more sense

Sure mate. Thanks for putting forward your political stance and allegations on Qatar, which, according to your stance, were reason for your sanctions on Qatar.

One may argue if sanctions were lifted without Qatar renouncing all those activities and apologising for being involved in such activities in first place, wouldn't that imply that UAE and Saudi backed off/came back to senses?

And sorry if you find this offensive to your political stance but its a genuine question.

Sure mate. Thanks for putting forward your political stance and allegations on Qatar, which, according to your stance, were reason for your sanctions on Qatar.

One may argue if sanctions were lifted without Qatar renouncing all those activities and apologising for being involved in such activities in first place, wouldn't that imply that UAE and Saudi backed off/came back to senses?

And sorry if you find this offensive to your political stance but its a genuine question.

Not exactly a stance when facts back it up. I asked these questions myself in the other thread. I am wondering what Qatar did to appease the rest of the GCC. lets wait and see

Reason was Aljazeera tv. Aljazeera loves to criticise monarchies of Saudia and UAE but don't like to touch about the monarchy of their own country.

Reason was Aljazeera tv. Aljazeera loves to criticise monarchies of Saudia and UAE but don't like to touch about the monarchy of their own country.

that was definitely one of the reasons , mentioned as one of the 13 points

Too rich to make a war.

You launch a missile to Doha and no matter what hit, it will destroy hundreds million dollars whatever you hit.

You launch a missile to Yemen and no matter what hit, it wil destroy hundreds dollars or less value property.

They almost start a war against Qatar in 2017, absolutely insane, just negotiate, they are both rich countries, find common interests and dont kill people.

I can vividly remember how both were at each other throats to blame other one for supporting terrorists in Syria .... after 3 years of stupid fight, embargo amid Ramadan and wasting time now again here we go shaking hands ... typical behavior of Arab leaders policy just crapping everything and getting nothing in return ... the only different is a manic is leaving oval office so these tough guys must adopt themselves by this change ... all the sudden Turkey that its goods were banned has become friend ... swear to God wind make less changing position than these ppl.

I can vividly remember how both were at each other throats to blame other one for supporting terrorists in Syria .... after 3 years of stupid fight, embargo amid Ramadan and wasting time now again here we go shaking hands ... typical behavior of Arab leaders policy just crapping everything and getting nothing in return ... the only different is a manic is leaving oval office so these tough guys must adopt themselves by this change ... all the sudden Turkey that its goods were banned has become friend ... swear to God wind make less changing position than these ppl.

Well, with so much growth, comes a lot of movement and position changing :P we could sit at the back of the class safely and stay there as generations graduate , or come to the front of the class and participate (knowing good and bad things are entailed), but that's just life.

Back
Top Bottom