What's new

Real Time Update on Coronavirus Outbreak in Iran

Are you ready to fight this outbreak of coronavirus?

• Total voters
Several said security agents stationed in each hospital had forbidden staff members from disclosing any information about shortages, patients or fatalities related to the coronavirus.
I work at one of the hospitals designed for coronavirus patients in fact two nights ago I was responsible for coronavirus triage and I was determining which patient to admit and which not to admit it seems those agents have forgotten to warn me . this negligence and sloppy work is not acceptable.

Posting the article sheds a bit of light into the Iranian darkness, for the educational benefit of PDF readers.
Well , if lies are counted as shreds of light , then USA is the sun

What I don't understand is, why has everyone stopped flights to and from Iran, but no one have stopped flights from Italy or South Korea? Wtf
Political issue ...

merlin_169959381_d176c2c8-1816-4269-a369-38e0acf67c6a-articleLarge.jpg

A health inspector checking temperatures outside a mall in Tehran on Tuesday.Credit...Arash Khamooshi for The New York Times
that was no health inspector . that was a stunt played by the mall to say we check the persons who come here and there is no danger of coronavirus here and you can come here and do shopping without any fear. it was dealt with as it was a lie and had no benefit at all for preventing the disease

Political issue ...

Even our "muslim ummah brothers" have stopped flights to and from Iran, but the same "muslim ummah brothers" haven't stopped flights to or from non muslim countries that are even more affected than Iran. Let this be a lesson for every Iranian

I work at one of the hospitals designed for coronavirus patients in fact two nights ago I was responsible for coronavirus triage and I was determining which patient to admit and which not to admit it seems those agents have forgotten to warn me . this negligence and sloppy work is not acceptable.

The agents thought you were already informed. However, if it's OK for you to discuss it publicly, and you are on the front lines, why don't you tell us here on PDF about the shortages and fatalities you have witnessed at your hospital, if any?

you see , who said Polio virus dont mutate it mutate a lot , you think how we build atenuated polio vaccine ?
Influenza genome have another rare aspects even for viruses and that is its genome is not in a single strand of RNA , the RNA of the virus is segmented pieces of negative sense RNA and each piece have codes for 1 or 2 different protein , it means those RNA first must be translated to positive RNA ,then they can be translated to proteins . also it means if a host contact two different type of influenza at the same type , those viruses can exchange genetic materials easily and morph into two different viruses .
on other hand polio virus is a small 7500 nucleotid positive sense RNA virus and that reduce the chance of mutation a lot.

come on

well RNA viruses do mutate
Nobody said that RNA viruses don't mutate. Are you just saying something for the sake of participating in the discussion?

The issue here is that not every mutation is a viable mutation which is a basic high school biology fact. And not every change caused by a viable mutation is substantial to be considered in terms of clinical symptoms or epidemiology. What part of these two statements are wrong? Let's start from here.

You seem to miss the point all the time. Poliovirus changes, but once you get vaccinated against it following the regular schedule (2 months after birth, 4 months, 1 year, 5 years) you will develop immunity against it and you will need booster shots only if you live in a high risk area. This is supposed to be an example of why not every change counts in medicine.

As for types of influenza, there's a reason that medicine is different from biology. You can categorize humans into God knows how many types based on genetic differences. Anthropologists have discovered hundreds of different haplogroups on the Y-chromosome for their own studies. As far as medicine is concerned, we consider all humans the same. We tend to ignore racial differences when producing or prescribing drugs.

Even our "muslim ummah brothers" have stopped flights to and from Iran, but the same "muslim ummah brothers" haven't stopped flights to or from non muslim countries that are even more affected than Iran. Let this be a lesson for every Iranian
I thought Saudi Arabia has stopped ??

Posting the article sheds a bit of light into the Iranian darkness, for the educational benefit of PDF readers.
People in Iran don't get charged 3200 USD for a COVID-19 test, are not sent 5000 USD bills for staying in the hospital and the Iranian president doesn't downplay the risk of COVID-19 because he thinks his opponents (the Democrats) want to use it against him before the presidential election. ;-)

merlin_169959351_e5e4a245-2dac-4b33-a028-a569e739ddb6-articleLarge.jpg

The streets of Tehran are mostly deserted as panicky residents stick to their homes for fear of contagion.Credit...Arash Khamooshi for The New York Times
every one from north of Tehran knew what street it is and every one knew how empty it will be until evening, Coronovirus or no Coronovirus

If you didn't know, this one has already mutated
as i Said they Do mutate and do it a lot

People in Iran don't get charged 3200 USD for a COVID-19 test, are not sent 5000 USD bills for staying in the hospital and the Iranian president doesn't downplay the risk of COVID-19 because he thinks his opponents (the Democrats) want to use it against him before the presidential election. ;-)
3200 USD for a test??? Dude, these tests are free.

3200 USD for a test??? Dude, these tests are free.
If Iran has the max cases currently, outside China, wouldn't they also have been provided with detection kits??

LOL. Everything is constantly changing. Only changes that are substantial matter. Again, it takes a long time in average for a viable mutation to happen. It's funny that an idiot like you is trying to lecture me on biology now.

Polio is caused by an RNA virus. Yet you don't get vaccinated against polio every year because it is an RNA virus and it changes. You simply don't know what you're talking about.
Oh God, What an imbecile we have here. Mutation rates are reported as substitutions per nucleotide site per cell infection (s/n/c), The more virus spreads, The more it's likely to mutate. Polio has only human host, That's why it can be vaccinated and the less it spreads, The less it mutates, But still it can cause problems.
One of the most important common traits exhibited by infections that have been or can be eliminated from the face of the earth (e.g. smallpox, measles, polio) is the absence of any host other than humans. Therefore, zoonses represent infections that can never be eliminated and must be considered as permanent and recurrent factors to be dealt with in protecting human health.

Zoonoses are infections transmitted from animal to humans either directly or via an insect vector. There are hundreds of zoonoses some of which can be propagated human-to-human, but I want to concentrate today on those for which humans represent a dead-end host (i.e. there is little or no human-to-human transmission).

There are two primary reasons for being particularly interested in zoonoses. The first is that most of the diseases that today would be classified as “emerging infectious diseases”-ones of which we are newly becoming aware-are, in fact, zoonoses. The second reason relates to the fact that zoonotic infections (those that have an animal reservoir) can probably never be eradicated, while those for which humans are the only hosts, such as smallpox, measles and polio, can theoretically be eliminated from the face of the earth.
Zoonoses-With Friends Like This, Who Needs Enemies?
Polio outbreaks in Africa caused by mutation of strain in vaccine

COVID-19 on the other hand is a zoonotic virus, It spreads among humans and animals which gives it more chance to mutate. From the same article that pushed you to come up with bio-weapon bs.
Thus far, we found that, although the L type is derived from the S type, L (~70%) is more prevalent than S (~30%) among the sequenced SARS-CoV-2 genomes we examined. This pattern suggests that L has a higher transmission rate than the S type. Furthermore, our mutational load analysis indicated that the L type had accumulated a significantly higher number of derived mutations than S type (P < 0.0001, Wilcoxon rank-sum test; Fig. S5). We propose that, although the L type newly evolved from the ancient S type, it transmits faster or replicates faster in human populations, causing it to accumulate more mutations than the S type. Thus, our results suggest the L might be more aggressive than the S type due to the potentially higher transmission and/or replication rates.
On the origin and continuing evolution of SARS-CoV-2
You simply don't know what you're talking about.
I don't know what i'm talking about, Says the "biologist" who came to the conclusion that COVID-19 is a bio-wepon because of its mutations. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not in the US if you don't have an insurance.
Even without insurance, that's an exorbitant amount!!! Considering you're testing your own citizens for something that is very well a global pandemic

Oh God, What an imbecile we have here. Mutation rates are reported as substitutions per nucleotide site per cell infection (s/n/c), The more virus spreads, The more it's likely to mutate. Polio has only human host, That's why it can be vaccinated and the less it spreads, The less it mutates, But still it can cause problems.

COVID-19 on the other hand is a zoonotic virus, It spreads among humans and animals which gives it more chance to mutate. From the same article that pushed you to come up with bio-weapon bs.

I don't know what i'm talking about, Says the "biologist" who came to the conclusion that COVID-19 is a bio-wepon because of its mutations. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
This is a masterpiece. Proving that you're an idiot once more.

For the record, I never reached to any conclusion. I said that it "increases the chance of" it being a biological weapon which is a correct statement.

So what? You have a zoonotic virus that's been around for two months and a virus that's been around for thousands of years and was discovered a century ago. Which one has gone under more mutations? LOL

You're so retarded that can't even put two plus two together. Trying to extrapolate here and there from online articles to sound knowledgeable, always considering one factor while ignoring the other factors.

You can't tell the difference between a conclusion and an evidence strengthening a hypothesis. Neither can you tell the difference between a medical doctor and a biologist. You're a special kind of idiot. lol

The agents thought you were already informed. However, if it's OK for you to discuss it publicly, and you are on the front lines, why don't you tell us here on PDF about the shortages and fatalities you have witnessed at your hospital, if any?
the fatalities , I don't talk about because it all be speculation , as I only work on one shift and in on hospital in one City how you want me to tell the extent of disease and fatality ?
also our criteria for admitting patients is chest CT-Scan and that is a lot More sensitive than Coronavirus test specially in the early stage the problem is Thoracic CT-Scan is damn too sensitive and you are bound to admit people who are not actually corona patient but have some other type of viral pneumonia. so any number I tell you is inaccurate and wrong. I can just say we have admittance , we had death and we had people who were discharge and thank god people who are discharged are a lot more than the one who died.
about deficiency , its not a secret , you just need to open TV and Radio here and you see them . there is shortage of disinfectant , there is shortage of protective gears . we have no problem providing two drug treatment for now but providing 3 and 4 dug treatment for severe cases and the ones in dangerous population is a little harder thank to certain country unilateral actions .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom