What's new

Real range of Indian Missiles ?

The real range of AGNI 5 is 8000 KM as attested by the chinese and Bharat Karnad

http://http://bharatkarnad.com/2013/09/14/thumbs-up-for-a-5/

Agni-5 IRBM is expected to be fired a second time tomorrow from Wheeler on a depressed trajectory into the Indian Ocean. There are some important issues to consider about this missile. While it’ll eventually be an all-composite (kevlar) system, the unit to be launched Sunday, Sept 15, retains an all-steel first stage including rocket motor, with the second stage, casing, motor and all being composite. While head of DRDO, Avinash Chander, has talked of canisterizing Agnis, including Agni-5, this second launch will be a straight-up launch to collect more data on various aspects of the missile system in flight and to be reassured that the very successful first launch in April-2012 was not a fluke! Moreover, while ASL, Hyderabad, has a lots of experience with the 1 metre dia missile system (on Agni-2 & 3), A-5 is 2 metre dia missile configured to reach 8,000 kms and carry 3-7 MIRVed warheads to extend its reach to ICBM range. Thumbs up for A-5!

The problem is we have only nuclear bums tested and they weigh like a donkeys payload.
simulated thermonuclear warheads fool no one.So with this donkey payload the range is 5500km only.

The real range of Indian missiles are a lot lower than what they official publish. Indians are world famous for empty boasting and blatant lying. I wouldn't trust a damn thing India says. I still don't believe they have working miniaturised nuclear warheads.

The real range of Indian missiles are a lot lower than what they official publish. Indians are world famous for empty boasting and blatant lying. I wouldn't trust a damn thing India says. I still don't believe they have working miniaturised nuclear warheads.

Feeling Insecure chinese bully. eh?:lol:

ok..good for you ..keep copying..cut and paste how is that!!

You might want to look into why a 29-35kt yield (What Are the Real Yields of India's Tests?) was measured as opposed to the official 45kt, if you fill in the blanks with what I have written of the composition of the physics package it will become clear. No one likes to admit that their calculations with regard to the quantum of material required might have gone wrong. As I said, the package works quite well- in its current operational form provides the yield that we need without any hitches.

So whose calculation gone wrong ???

Our's or the international expert's ..

So whose calculation gone wrong ???

Our's or the international expert's ..

Possibly both, but there is a higher chance that the data collection post detonation would have been highly screwed up- they were simultaneous blasts remember- NOT one after the other or conducted separately.

The real range of AGNI 5 is 8000 KM as attested by the chinese and Bharat Karnad

http://http://bharatkarnad.com/2013/09/14/thumbs-up-for-a-5/

Agni-5 IRBM is expected to be fired a second time tomorrow from Wheeler on a depressed trajectory into the Indian Ocean. There are some important issues to consider about this missile. While it’ll eventually be an all-composite (kevlar) system, the unit to be launched Sunday, Sept 15, retains an all-steel first stage including rocket motor, with the second stage, casing, motor and all being composite. While head of DRDO, Avinash Chander, has talked of canisterizing Agnis, including Agni-5, this second launch will be a straight-up launch to collect more data on various aspects of the missile system in flight and to be reassured that the very successful first launch in April-2012 was not a fluke! Moreover, while ASL, Hyderabad, has a lots of experience with the 1 metre dia missile system (on Agni-2 & 3), A-5 is 2 metre dia missile configured to reach 8,000 kms and carry 3-7 MIRVed warheads to extend its reach to ICBM range. Thumbs up for A-5!

The problem is we have only nuclear bums tested and they weigh like a donkeys payload.
simulated thermonuclear warheads fool no one.So with this donkey payload the range is 5500km only.

Trajectory shaping may lead to range increase but its not all that kosher as people think it is. AND NO, not 7 MIRVs, 3 is the plausible number- for a higher number of MIRVs the thermonuclear design will have to be further scaled and that will require another test also the throw-weight of the delivery system will have to be increased.

@kurup See I had told you that a Thermonuclear device has a basic physics package- the theoretical yield limit of which is defined by its design. Now you can either test the device to its full potential- in which case it will be a above ground- air burst. Or you test the package's validity and integrity- a below ground test. The shaft is deep and the warhead decoupled- then even a 10kt explosion can be theoretically COMPLETELY masked.

The physics package consists of a primary (fission device) and a secondary (fusion device) within a radiation jacket and gas boosting will be used. IF you miscalculate the material required for either the primary or the secondary then the yield will fluctuate- so the triggering mechanism, boosting and package integrity get validated BUT now you need to conduct more tests perhaps to reach accurate material requirement calculations.

On the other hand the boosted fission device seems to have been our mainstay against Pakistan. On the other hand, no one is knackered enough to employ megaton yield warheads- even the US employs two warhead designs (100kt and 400kt yield for its Trident-2 SLBMs). A 200kt Indian warhead would shred any city known to man and so would a Chinese weapon of the same yield- UNLESS you want to evaporate a damn mountain.

Last edited by a moderator:
@kurup See I had told you that a Thermonuclear device has a basic physics package- the theoretical yield limit of which is defined by its design. Now you can either test the device to its full potential- in which case it will be a above ground- air burst. Or you test the package's validity and integrity- a below ground test. The shaft is deep and the warhead decoupled- then even a 10kt explosion can be theoretically COMPLETELY masked.

The physics package consists of a primary (fission device) and a secondary (fusion device) within a radiation jacket and gas boosting will be used. IF you miscalculate the material required for either the primary or the secondary then the yield will fluctuate- so the triggering mechanism, boosting and package integrity get validated BUT now you need to conduct more tests perhaps to reach accurate material requirement calculations.

On the other hand the boosted fission device seems to have been our mainstay against Pakistan. On the other hand, no one is knackered enough to employ megaton yield warheads- even the US employs two warhead designs (100kt and 400kt yield for its Trident-2 SLBMs). A 200kt Indian warhead would shred any city known to man and so would a Chinese weapon of the same yield- UNLESS you want to evaporate a damn mountain.

Yaar , I only wanted to make sure that our TN weapon capability exists and is sound .

The question is , Is our 200KT device compact enough to be MIRVed ??

Yaar , I only wanted to make sure that our TN weapon capability exists and is sound .

The question is , Is our 200KT device compact enough to be MIRVed ??

Yes but not as compact as what the Americans and French throw about. That WILL require further tests- a whole battery of them. Dunno when that might happen- although designs themselves can be refined in other ways.

Delli to Agra ........ :pop:

Or perhaps Tehran.:D

@Dillinger

I have the same doubt as @kurup,I heard that the RV of Agni III or the warhead) weighs around 400 kgs

@Dillinger

I have the same doubt as @kurup,I heard that the RV of Agni III or the warhead) weighs around 400 kgs

One cannot be sure of the exact weight- if the warhead weighs 400kgs then yes any future/current platform with a throw-weight of around 1.5 ton will be able to incorporate 3 MIRVs. The A-5 can (note that's a can, not a does) carry 3-4 MIRVs. At any rate MIRVs are still 2-3 years away. The A-5 is meant to function more like a Topol system- large singular warhead.

MIRVs will become very relevant once we move on to K-4 and its successors.

One cannot be sure of the exact weight- if the warhead weighs 400kgs then yes any future/current platform with a throw-weight of around 1.5 ton will be able to incorporate 3 MIRVs. The A-5 can (note that's a can, not a does) carry 3-4 MIRVs. At any rate MIRVs are still 2-3 years away. The A-5 is meant to function more like a Topol system- large singular warhead.

MIRVs will become very relevant once we move on to K-4 and its successors.

K4 was supposed to be tested this month . What happened ??

Also , what about the rumors that A5 will be MIRVed ??

Back
Top Bottom