What's new

Real range of Indian Missiles ?

BLING

Reaction score
999767_585924284798524_840404905_n.jpg

A1,2,4 and A3 A5 A6 are very Different Class !
I think A3 A5 A6 were developed from ICBM technology . There has been many reports Claiming the 5000+ range for A3 , 8000 K Range for A5 , 10000Km for future A-6 ( Surya)
We might be down playing the real distance for many reasons .
A4 is 17 t with range of 4000Km
A5 is 50 T for range of 5500 km ?
A6 is suppose to be 70 T with 6000 km ? I think Its not . What do u think SO

The point is very clearly described by one of the top scientists when he said that distance expansion was no more a rate limiting step for the Indian missile program. Only strategic needs and political compulsions were. India has been well on its way to developing both Surya I (12,000 kms) and Surya II (15,000 kms) since 2005.

The point is very clearly described by one of the top scientists when he said that distance expansion was no more a rate limiting step for the Indian missile program. Only strategic needs and political compulsions were. India has been well on its way to developing both Surya I (12,000 kms) and Surya II (15,000 kms) since 2005.

Ok but lets focus on A3 ,A4 A5 A6 ... its like ~20 T difference for just 1000 KM ?

Can anybody tell me what diffrance does it make if u call agni 6 or surya ? What's so screat abt agni 6 is actully a surya :what: @Dillinger

Last edited by a moderator:
there wont be anything greater than A6 which will be just A5 with one more stage attached anyway i think the policy and basic infra & RnD for Agni series ballistick missiles is done now the DRDO will start to mineutrize them so that they are more compact and light wieght so they are more road mobile and are able to be concealed in a better and easy way and DRDO nest focus is just that and yes all the missiles of AGNI series will be modified after extensive research for using them as SLBM role

Whats the point of having a 5000 Km range missile for carrying just a 45 KT warhead?? I think we are just running ahead of ourselves - creating IRBMs when the real need is to restart testing for nuclear weapons. We already have enough to deter Pakistan. As for China, its a different story, and for that we need well proved TN weapons of high capacity. Just having DV will not do.

Range

A3- 4500 KM with 2490 KG, 10,000 KM with 1 ton (Wiki)
A4 ->4500 Km with 1500 KG and >6000 KM with 1 ton.
A5> 8000 KM with >2000 KG payload and over 10,000 KG with 1.5 ton Payload

We have 250 KT to 400 KT nuclear devices.

The real range is mostly what is reported.

there wont be anything greater than A6 which will be just A5 with one more stage attached anyway i think the policy and basic infra & RnD for Agni series ballistick missiles is done now the DRDO will start to mineutrize them so that they are more compact and light wieght so they are more road mobile and are able to be concealed in a better and easy way and DRDO nest focus is just that and yes all the missiles of AGNI series will be modified after extensive research for using them as SLBM role
Exactly we are done on range, Miniaturization, canisterize, MIRV SLBM is what we have to do. I guess 5 years more.

Whats the point of having a 5000 Km range missile for carrying just a 45 KT warhead?? I think we are just running ahead of ourselves - creating IRBMs when the real need is to restart testing for nuclear weapons. We already have enough to deter Pakistan. As for China, its a different story, and for that we need well proved TN weapons of high capacity. Just having DV will not do.

What makes you state that the warhead has a yield of 45kt? Because the physics package was tested with that yield? The physics package (basic core+ triggering mechanism) is very much scale-able once the design is proven- which was the purpose of the original test.

well in one thread which is now closed the question was raised that indian re-entry vehicles are not able to reenter. and burnt in the atmosphere.

well don't need to say anything about it but in one article Indian DRDO publication has used the article or china.

see and enjoy

http://www.google.co.in/url?q=http:...IQFjAI&usg=AFQjCNFc8vghzv6qG4_dKaPb8unArNQrKQ

India using following tech for carbon composite re-entry tech

http://www.google.co.in/url?q=http:...wQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNF5Ycu8I79X5nOUzBcYixk5tR5H7g

Can anybody tell me what diffrance does it make if u call agni 6 or surya ? What's so screat abt agni 6 is actully a surya :what: @Dillinger

One word- skulduggery- on the part of the reporters and those issuing the statements (if the latter are indeed liable).

well in one thread which is now closed the question was raised that indian re-entry vehicles are not able to reenter. and burnt in the atmosphere.

well don't need to say anything about it but in one article Indian DRDO publication has used the article or china.

see and enjoy

http://www.google.co.in/url?q=http:...IQFjAI&usg=AFQjCNFc8vghzv6qG4_dKaPb8unArNQrKQ

Consider that no MIRV has been tested till date. ON the other hand no RV has ever burnt up on re-entry. The other forms of moh-maya will continue- with citing foreign papers and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes you state that the warhead has a yield of 45kt? Because the physics package was tested with that yield? The physics package (basic core+ triggering mechanism) is very much scale-able once the design is proven- which was the purpose of the original test.

Any international references which say that it can be done? A 45 KT TN would be a "first" and while such miniaturization may be theoretically possible, it has not done anywhere in the world so far. The general international consensus has been that India's TN has been a dud and I am more inclined to believe neutral papers than the propaganda pieces emanating from Chidambaram, Kalam and the NSA.

Any international references which say that it can be done? A 45 KT TN would be a "first" and while such miniaturization may be theoretically possible, it has not done anywhere in the world so far. The general international consensus has been that India's TN has been a dud and I am more inclined to believe neutral papers than the propaganda pieces emanating from Chidambaram, Kalam and the NSA.

Not done anywhere in the world? Its been done right here. It wasn't a dud, it was a validation of the physics package- the test did its job. Ergo the throw weights of our missile and dimensional parameters of our RVs. Otherwise no one would bother, not even the much brain dead Chidu (curse that fool for his follies back in his days- one of them just came back to bite us in the rare recently and was a subject of much mirth for a certain country). Suffice to say that the nuclear arsenal is potent, no less than 200Kt in yield per device at the moment and set to grow. The international consensus for the warheads, counts and yields are based on a certain document from 99 and 01 by the same institute and same fellow- which also stated that India at that moment had 800kg of already separated and un-safeguarded material- enough for an arsenal in excess of 250 warheads and furthermore it stated that India had enough un-separated and un-safeguarded fissile material for a 1000 warheads straight- should tell you how accurate those figures were (they got the quantum right but not the intent and the re-processing capacity).

Yaar , do you have any literature for the bold part ????

Back
Top Bottom