What's new

Raytheon closes on $284 M deal with Pakistan

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Raytheon closes on $284 M deal with Pakistan
Monday January 15

Raytheon Co. closed a $284 million deal to sell advanced medium-range air-to-air missiles to Pakistan, the company announced Monday.
The Waltham, Mass. aerodynamics defense company said it was the largest order of this specific missile, and the first missile procurement between Raytheon (NYSE: RTN - News) and Pakistan.

The sale includes 500 advanced medium-range air-to-air missiles, which will begin in 2008 and continue through 2011, said Raytheon in an news release, and 200 AIM-9M Sidewinder missiles.

Raytheon employs about 80,000 people worldwide.

Published January 15, 2007 by the Boston Business Journal

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/070115/1402865.html?.v=1

:flag:

Pakistan Chooses Raytheon's Proven Air Defense Missiles to Secure Borders Mon Jan 15, 11:00 AM ET

Contact: John Patterson for Raytheon Company, +1-520-794-4559

TUCSON, Ariz., Jan. 15, 2007 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The country of Pakistan has signed a Letter of Offer and Acceptance for the procurement of 500 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM) - generating the largest single international AMRAAM purchase -- and 200 AIM-9M Sidewinder missiles.

This is also the first AMRAAM missile procurement between Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN - news) and Pakistan. Delivery of the AMRAAM missiles will start in 2008 and continue through 2011.

The combined $284 million procurement augments Pakistan's established inventory and will provide the bulk of the air-to-air fire power of the Pakistan Air Force. AMRAAM is a joint U.S. Air Force and Navy program and sets the global beyond-visual-range standard. It incorporates the latest digital technology and microminiaturized solid-state electronics, making this remarkable weapon more reliable and maintainable, resulting in the highest dependability at the lowest cost of ownership.

Thirty-two countries have procured AMRAAM based on its unprecedented air combat flexibility. The AIM-9M Sidewinder missile is a combat-proven, all- aspect, infrared-guided, short-range air-to-air missile employed by more than 20 countries worldwide.

"This is the largest single purchase of AMRAAM missiles in the history of the AMRAAM international program," said Brock McCaman, vice president of Raytheon Missile Systems' Air-to-Air product line. "The combat-proven 'one-two punch' of Raytheon's AMRAAM/Sidewinder technology will give the Pakistan Air Force the necessary firepower to accomplish vital air defense missions."

Raytheon Company, with 2005 sales of $21.9 billion, is an industry leader in defense and government electronics, space, information technology, technical services, and business and special mission aircraft. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 80,000 people worldwide.

John Patterson

SOURCE: Raytheon Company

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/200701...proven_air_defense_missiles_to_secure_borders

No official info released about the version.
I guess its AMRAAM-120C.

Waiting for confirmation.

What happened to the Indian Lobby that is suppose to block this deal?

But Indians have so little faith in their armed forces that they see even a single Assault rifle sold to Pakistan as a threat to their existence

But Indians have so little faith in their armed forces that they see even a single Assault rifle sold to Pakistan as a threat to their existence

I dont think that is true. Indians want to block sales so they can achieve an overwhelming superiority against its enemies, and it also counts China in the scenario, thats why they are so strong with the budget given, and i will not be surprised if from that budget it plays to bring down military deals against Pakistan.

I agree with Webmaster, because, according to the original deal, the missiles are supposed to be AIM-120C5 AMRAAMs.

Webby,

But i have always believed Pakistan is more efficient and more brilliant in its weapon purchases. I believe they take life cycle cost more seriously than Intial procurement price. I cant say the same thing for indians

You guys are getting the C-5 and it is better or equal to R-77AE,

C-7 is still gettin developed, I think Blain2 would be the best person in the board to answer your question

Webby,

But i have always believed Pakistan is more efficient and more brilliant in its weapon purchases. I believe they take life cycle cost more seriously than Intial procurement price. I cant say the same thing for indians

I believe you're right Adu.

Limited resources and restricted access to worldmarket has played a major role thruout the years for Pak military thinktank to develop maximum effeciency.
Quite ironic I must say.

Back
Top Bottom