What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Diyat Paid by Saudi Arabia? US Denies Payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islamism is political Islam, not personal religious belief, what Islam is supposed to be.

The biggest threat to Pakistan is Jamaat e Islami and its leaders ideology, he called Pakistan NaPakistan.

What kind of Islam did Prophet Mohammed PBUH fallowed? Was it a "personal religious belief"?

I'm not surprised. We Pakistanis love money. Musharraf sold Afia Siddique to the U.S. for money. Zardari, Gilani, and Rehman Malik would probably sell their own mothers for money. The sad part is that there are thousands of CIA operatives like Raymond Davis roaming around Pakistan thinking they can do anything they like in Pak Sarzameen and easily get away with it. These corrupt leaders will soon put a price tag on Pakistan. Oh yea, and I wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan Army and ISI are also involved in Davis' release. Pakistani people in general love money irrespective of our ethnic group, education, or career we belong to.

I don't understand here. If army takes blood money as F16 and AID, no issues. What is the issue, If victims family took the money.
At least they will be financially secured.

What is the issue here is Pakistanis creating a HUGE hype over this case as if its something new. Its pretty clear that the elements behind this case want Pakistanis to come out in street and start creating chaos.

[Pakistani]-evilX;1579007 said:
just to add oil to the fire, as per my sources, yesterday 200+ visas were issued to US contractors, and its confirmed

the benefit ISI and Army gets is that your POF was facing some financial issue, heard about that?
benefit we get is that you get a new govt run by Imran Khan----lekhwa lo its already been written

Forget about Imran Khan, he is not going to be head of next government.
Ok, let's we assume that Imran khan is politician and doing his practice on level where he must be as many from us went to trust on him. 2 days before US ambassador to Pakistan meet with him in ISB, so what you think Imran khan didn't know about his release? When Nawaz & Shahbaz skipped away and one in hospital required prayers and second to look after him. What the hell they both skipped away?
Lets come to point, surly Imran Khan was aware of this release. Leave this discussion for a moment, will return back.

You know what happened in Egypt, how many people gathered for one aim, We will go if you will leave.
You see they got success.

Lets return to topic, if as i assume Imran Khan was aware from it, why he didn't gathered nation around kot Lakhpat jail? What you think for Imran Khan it was difficult to collect thousands people not to allow RD to be free by provincial bodies?

What i want to say all this calls for protest is nothing but BS planned false flag reaction. Yes people are honest but no guaranty of leader.
Same question about future protest calls by Jamaet e Islami or others abcdef parties.

Our simple emotional Pakistani only for burn tiers & motorcycles or for injuries.
What you think we need it? In this forum we all saying government playing with nation in wrong way then what is right way?

Only one, change Individual thinking
Start from it then we can achieve society, government as we want.

Forget about Imran Khan, he is not going to be head of next government.
Ok, let's we assume that Imran khan is politician and doing his practice on level where he must be as many from us went to trust on him. 2 days before US ambassador to Pakistan meet with him in ISB, so what you think Imran khan didn't know about his release? When Nawaz & Shahbaz skipped away and one in hospital required prayers and second to look after him. What the hell they both skipped away?
Lets come to point, surly Imran Khan was aware of this release. Leave this discussion for a moment, will return back.

You know what happened in Egypt, how many people gathered for one aim, We will go if you will leave.
You see they got success.

Lets return to topic, if as i assume Imran Khan was aware from it, why he didn't gathered nation around kot Lakhpat jail? What you think for Imran Khan it was difficult to collect thousands people not to allow RD to be free by provincial bodies?

What i want to say all this calls for protest is nothing but BS planned false flag reaction. Yes people are honest but no guaranty of leader.
Same question about future protest calls by Jamaet e Islami or others abcdef parties.

Our simple emotional Pakistani only for burn tiers & motorcycles or for injuries.
What you think we need it? In this forum we all saying government playing with nation in wrong way then what is right way?

Only one, change Individual thinking
Start from it then we can achieve society, government as we want.
this is what i said earlier, everyone knew what they are supposed to do, why you think ex-ISI Hameed Gul is on the streets tomarrow with his family, and now sudddenly all the leaders, it was all planed by our agencies
those days are long gone when countries were run by Govts now they are run by agencies, atleast you will be free from PPP corrupt govt

from: Davis buys his flight to freedom | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

LAHORE: A tension-filled saga spread over more than a month and a half was brought to an abrupt conclusion on Wednesday as American citizen Raymond Davis was released and quickly flown out of Pakistan after heirs of the two youths he had shot dead on Jan 27 told a local court they had accepted blood money.

A police official told Dawn that the heirs of each of the two victims were given Rs100 million in compensation.

However, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declared that the United States had not paid any blood money. Analysts say it’s technically possible and the blood money or diyat might have been paid by or through the family of Davis, and not directly by the US government.

In any case, most analysts are convinced that the deal that resulted in the signing of the diyat agreement and payment of a huge amount was the result of a deal or understanding between Pakistan’s premier intelligence agency and Washington.

The Lytton Road police had registered a case against Davis on charges of killing two Pakistani citizens, Faizan and Faheem, at downtown Qurtaba Chowk in Lahore. Two traffic wardens had chased down the suspect who pleaded he had killed the bike-riders in self-defence after they had tried to rob him.

Another young man, Ibadur Rehman, was crushed to death by a vehicle that followed close behind the car Davis was driving. The police later traced this second vehicle to the American consulate in Lahore but the consulate did not hand it over to law-enforcement agencies and also chose not to disclose the identity of those who were in it at the time of the incident.

The killing was treated separately from the gunning down of the two youngsters by Davis, and apparently Wednesday’s developments have no bearing on it.

The killings had rocked Pakistan and strained ties between Islamabad and Washington. The US pressed for diplomatic immunity for Davis, leading to some clear and many ambiguous responses from officials in Pakistan. Shah Mehmood Qureshi, who was the foreign minister at the time the incident took place, stated that the arrested American didn’t enjoy diplomatic immunity.

The US plea was weakened when it came out that the man was actually one of the CIA operatives in Pakistan. The pardon to him in exchange for blood money meant an implicit admission on the part of the US that either Davis didn’t qualify for immunity or the team fighting his case had lost all hope of being able to convince the authorities here that he enjoyed such a status.

The Foreign Office did not come up with any clear stance on the immunity issue as it did not submit any certificate in the Lahore High Court that could establish his entitlement to immunity.

The LHC had left the decision to the trial court.

The Davis defence team had for some time been exploring the possibility of buying his freedom under the diyat provisions in Pakistani law. The heirs of the two victims had earlier publicly refused to accept blood money. They appeared to have widespread public sentiment by their side which grew further after Shumaila, wife of Faheem, committed suicide to protest attempts at letting the suspect go without trial.

At a press conference just days before the eventual release of the accused, one of the heirs had asked Pakistani officials not to compel them to accept a deal — in the wake of a pass-the-buck game involving the federal and Punjab governments.

On the day the release of Davis and his subsequent flight from the country was secured, the families of the two victims were conspicuous by their absence, as was Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif.

The victims’ families were missing from their locked-up homes, while Mr Sharif explained that he had to rush to London to be with his elder brother and party leader, Nawaz Sharif, “who was unwell”.

Both the governments in Punjab and at the centre came under more flak from people who came out in various cities to protest the handing over of Davis to American officials.

While the US ambassador again expressed his regrets over the Jan 27 incident, the protesters and current affairs commentators described the handover as a capitulation.

Davis’s release would lead to strengthening of the ties between Pakistan and the US, said a statement by Senator John Kerry who had led a rescue-David mission to Pakistan in February.

It was a swallowing of national pride in the name of protection of national interests, retorted the protesters gathered in Lahore and elsewhere, sending a clear warning to the governments here that it might be confronted with intense public anger over the issue in the coming days.

The immediate public reactions carried a few rather muted references to the presence of a law that allows the accused to buy out the victims’ heirs.

There were also one or two rare mentions about the release being a result of a deal between the ISI and CIA and that a powerful state might have played the role of a mediator in the affair.

Earlier in the day, 18 legal heirs to the victims appeared before Additional District and Sessions Judge Mohammad Yousaf Aojla and recorded their statements at the Kot Lakhpat jail where the case was being heard due to extraordinary security concerns.

According to Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah, they forgave the accused and accepted diyat — an Islamic provision that allows the aggrieved party to accept blood money.

An official source said receipts of Rs100 million paid to each family were presented in the court.

However, Asad Manzoor Butt, a lawyer who had been representing the victims’ relatives, told the media outside the jail that he had been detained for several hours by the prison administration and the heirs had been forced to sign the diyat papers.

He alleged that security agencies had taken the families of Faheem and Faizan into custody on Tuesday night and they were being held incommunicado.

A senior police officer said the families were being kept in “protective custody” of law-enforcement agencies.

According to a version from the official source, the victims’ families had disengaged Mr Butt and hired two new lawyers — Raja Irshad and Shabbir Hussain — who filed their powers of attorney on Wednesday and formalised the process of acceptance of diyat.

The source said that first the AD&SJ indicted Davis in the double murder case and later the heirs of the victims filed their affidavits under Section 345 of CrPC, accepting the blood money, and stated before the court that they had no objection to the release of the accused.

In a separate case of possessing illegal weapons, the judge fined Davis Rs20,000 which the accused promptly deposited. The court awarded him a jail term under Section 382-B of CrPC, which was considered as served in lieu of the 41 days he had spent in jail.

As the court proceedings concluded, representatives of the US embassy and members of victims’ families along with their new counsel left the jail premises in a convoy of at least six vehicles under tight security.

Sources in the jail administration said Davis was also in the convoy.

A special American plane soon flew him out of Pakistan with Afghanistan reported to be his immediate destination.

Immigration officials at the Allama Iqbal Airport said they had no knowledge of the departure of Davis whom a high court order had some time back placed on the Exit Control List.

They said the special flight that apparently flew Davis out could have been operated from the old airport in the city which was not under the control of civilian agencies.

[Pakistani]-evilX;1579087 said:
this is what i said earlier, everyone knew what they are supposed to do, why you think ex-ISI Hameed Gul is on the streets tomarrow with his family, and now sudddenly all the leaders, it was all planed by our agencies
those days are long gone when countries were run by Govts now they are run by agencies, atleast you will be free from PPP corrupt govt

45 years of army rule is enough

i will like all overseas pakistanis to shove up their passports up there arse, im so ashamed of being a pakistani today!!

die in hell all pakkiizzz, u deserve to be in a shitt hole you are in today along with zardari kuttaahh!!!, all these paindus and illeterate people out there... u dont deserve quaids country, u r shittt!!!!:face palm: few american dollars for murder charge, you also embarrassed all your ancestors who gave blood for this nation!!! never go back to my country again, i will rather o to africa

:angry:

i will rather call my self african bangladeshi afghanistani or indian now, every indian or somali is more respectable today then these pakkkiizzz

Take it easy bro. What can you do here. Deal was between America, Pakistan and the victim family. It's a crazy world we live in. Money can by things that doesn't make sense. If this Davis was Pakistani and killed some American in America, then whole scenario would have been different. :disagree:

I must admit. Life of Musalman getting cheap and worthless day by day and responsibility lay within so called Muslims leaders. :cry:

Bye the way, are you really in Dhaka? :undecided:

What is the issue here is Pakistanis creating a HUGE hype over this case as if its something new. Its pretty clear that the elements behind this case want Pakistanis to come out in street and start creating chaos.

This is the problem with our people. Instead of destroying our own wealth, people should burred the soulless politician to the ground including their family. Then these bastard politicians would learn a lesson.

Now stage2 of diplomacy will start-
There will be a lot of High level official visits from USA, with lots of promises on ENERGY, EDUCATION and WATER development projects in Pakistan.
The PR dept of USA will get into full swing to tone down the public anger in Pakistan.
The Pakistani leaders will be invited to various events and conferences, where they will be openly praised for their role in combating terrorism, the courageous people of Pakistan will be referred repeatedly for braving the attacks by terrorists and with their support the joint forces are inching towards success.
So Pakistani friends get ready to Host the high level officials, and also see your leaders flying around to many European capitals. :tup:

Here we go

188558_1757977463836_1070972679_31896803_1444242_n.jpg

i will like all overseas pakistanis to shove up their passports up there arse, im so ashamed of being a pakistani today!!

die in hell all pakkiizzz, u deserve to be in a shitt hole you are in today along with zardari kuttaahh!!!, all these paindus and illeterate people out there... u dont deserve quaids country, u r shittt!!!!:face palm: few american dollars for murder charge, you also embarrassed all your ancestors who gave blood for this nation!!! never go back to my country again, i will rather o to africa

:angry:

i will rather call my self african bangladeshi afghanistani or indian now, every indian or somali is more respectable today then these pakkkiizzz
no offence sir but people like you were never pakistanis, so you don't have to worry about it,when someone asks you simply deny it and say you are Indian, you already have a foreign nationality so chill my friend.......if talk about me, than I am a Pakisatani, and a Proud one.

Blood Money

By the way, just in case you would like to see copies of the court documents from the 'Raymond Davis' case, attesting to the relatives of the deceased accepting diyat (blood money) and allowing the court to acquit the accused, here are some of them. I can't put all of them up (there are too many) but here's a representative sample of relatives' documents of one of the two men killed by 'Davis', Faizan Haider.

Here's the main prayer to the court setting out that the persons named have no objection to 'Raymond Davis' being acquitted by the court since they had accepted compensation and reached agreement to settle the matter.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Here's the individual affidavit of the mother of Faizan Haider, attesting that she has reached an agreement with her son's killer of her "free will, without any fear or pressure, without any enticement, and in her full senses." She further testifies that she has not been subjected to any injustice and has received a sum of Rs. 33,333,333/- from the accused and has no objection at present (nor will she in the future) to the accused being set free.

3.JPG

Here's a similar one from Faizan Haider's wife, acknowledging receipt of Rs. 25,000,000/-.

5.JPG

The rest are pretty much the same. The operative part in each is the share of the blood money received, divided according to shariah rules. The following is the detail of the diyat received by Faizan Haider's family:

Faizan Haider's Mother: Rs. 33,333,333/-
Faizan Haider's Wife: Rs.25,000,000/-
Faizan Haider's Brother No.1: Rs. 7,575,758/-
Faizan Haider's Brother No.2: Rs. 7,575,758/-
Faizan Haider's Brother No.3: Rs. 7,575,758/-
Faizan Haider's Sister No.1: Rs. 3,787,879/-
Faizan Haider's Sister No.2: Rs. 3,787,879/-
Faizan Haider's Sister No.3: Rs. 3,787,879/-
Faizan Haider's Sister No. 4: Rs. 3,787,879/-
Faizan Haider's Sister No. 5: Rs. 3,787,879/-

Total Diyat paid to Faizan Haider's relatives: Rs.100,000,002/- which translates into US$1,166,744/- at the current rate of exchange.

The relatives of the second man killed, Mohammad Faheem, received similar compensation.

Of course, there has long been an argument that the provision of paying diyat or blood money, while sanctified under Islamic law, leads to abuse of justice in an unequal society, since it more often than not allows the rich and influential to literally get away with murder. Nevertheless, this is very much a part of Pakistani law and in fact apparently used in a majority of murder cases according to lawyers. Those protesting against 'Davis' buying his way to freedom might want to question the Qissas and Diyat Laws in a more structural manner.

Please do note that I am not making any judgement about whether these affidavits were actually obtained without any pressure on the relatives. That is something for the court to decide and seemingly it seems to have decided to accept their authenticity. The case of the third man killed (by being run over) during that incident, Ibadur Rehman, has yet to be resolved.

Tailpiece: The editor of The News Islamabad, Mohammad Mallick claimed in a programme on Geo, that what this case has proved is that accused was tried by our courts and that local law takes precedence over the Vienna Conventions on Diplomatic Immunity. That is pure hogwash of course. It does nothing of the sort. For one, the trial never proceeded beyond indictment because of the 'out of court' settlement and so the accused was neither tried nor convicted. Secondly, the issue of diplomatic immunity never entered into the equation in this case since the Pakistan Foreign Office had stated that in its opinion 'Raymond Davis' did not have documentation to support his plea for diplomatic immunity. So the issue of local laws taking precedence over the Vienna Conventions does not arise at all. For an editor of a major paper, Mr Mallick sure plays fast and loose with facts.

Cafe Pyala: Blood Money

Aren't you already.

I mean your people have killed many Pakistani's over the last few years.

And define liberal fascism.

Let me help you:

Liberal: broad: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness; "a broad political stance"; "generous and broad sympathies".

Fascism: a political theory advocating an authoritarian hierarchical government.

Can these words be jointly said, how can one be broad minded politically but also advocate or impose an authoritarian hierarchical government.

This is an oxymoron and a moron invented this.

Like I said, don't go by what you hear on TV, its no good son.
I fully agree with you, by very definition a liberal cannot be a fascist, but then, what will you call those “liberals” who supported Musharraf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom