What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Diyat Paid by Saudi Arabia? US Denies Payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the anguish and lament and hyperbole being displayed here, I sincerely hope that this event triggers a period of serious introspection on part of the whole Pakistani nation to try and see what the best way forward should be to restore its rightful place in the international community.

After all, it is the darkest just before dawn.

However, this will happen only with deep, truthful thinking followed by sustained, dedicated hard work over years and years.

The latest events have really highlighted that Pakistan needs secularism more than anything. Hopefully many conservatives will wake up now.

WASHINGTON: Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman John Kerry on Wednesday pledged to strengthen United States’ relationship with Pakistan, hours after a Pakistani court set Raymond Davis free when families of victims forgave the CIA contractor in a compensation arrangement for late January killings.

“This was a very important and necessary step for both of our countries to be able to maintain our relationship and remain focused on progress on bedrock national interests,” the senator said in a statement.

A court in Lahore first charged Davis for killing two Pakistanis on January 27 and then aquitted him when the family of victims said they had no objection to his release after the compensation arrangement.

Kerry said he was deeply grateful for the Pakistani decision.

“As I said last month in my visits to Lahore and Islamabad, we deeply regret the loss of life that led to this difficulty in our relationship and the demonstrations on Pakistan’s streets, but neither country could afford for this tragedy to derail our vital relationship.

“We look forward to working with Pakistan to strengthen our relationship and confront our common challenges,” added the senator, who visited Pakistan in the days following the shooting in a bid to calm rising tensions.

The latest events have really highlighted that Pakistan needs secularism more than anything. Hopefully many conservatives will wake up now.

it has proved that pakistan needs a revolution to set its course straight.. otherwise no hope from these political thugs

It's a long battle but we have Turkey as an example to follow and some of us have to fight for it.

I do hope that we have something like Young Turks movement whereby an entire generation can fight together for a tolerant and progressive society.

All I want to see is a progressive, peaceful and tolerant Pakistan where the many ills that we face today are greatly reduced or do not exist anymore.

But these people I tell you are so rigid in their beliefs, its unbelievable.

Why you convert every discussion into desired mode and bit off topic. I stated here that issue in not religious but political and social. Suerly if you want endless discussion then nothing bad as you are going.

We are in this thread trying to understand what factors involved in RD release so i don't know what you understand but i can make some assumptions:
All politicians, army, ISI, wash their hands by this diyat law so nobody can complaint them.
In actual there were a fight for blood money in families of victims, so they also don't want to share with others.
Shumaila allegedly killed not suicide where i have not prove either Shumaila's parent offered blood money or not. Will clear afterword.
Jlao Gherao usual national practice and where i think all these coming protests by politicians are paid.

Question:
What we got being nation?
Why families of victim bring this personal case into national matter? Who gave them right to play with nation's emotions?
What benefits government/Army is promised by US?
What results ISI got from its planned Stage show? Will they keep their check & balance over foreigners criminals on high priority or again let RD type agents walk around country?
Will Zardari or Geelani get some shame to allow massive Visas to US citizens and strict their policy over it?

So try to think over this beyond your liberalism or secularism. We have problems more important.

I suspect something else. Something much deeper and darker inside the military intelligence that secured his release...

They may have extradited the necessary information from him and nothing was left but to either punish him or diyat. I think the military wanted to re-shape ties with the US after all the beans were spilled out of Davis. Alot of people in the media have high hopes there will be an Egypt style revolution, but I wouldn't count on it. There were claims the government was just waiting for people to calm down and it would soon all be over.

It turned out they were right. So people wishing for an Egypt style "revolution" against a democratically elected government can go to a long sleep.

But even outside of what I have mentioned something much more mysterious took place with Davis as well as secret CIA-ISI meetings.

What I do expect is someone within the government will tip off WikiLeaks on what really happened during his weeks of detention and what secured his release.

But now the main concern is of those other 40 to 55 mysterious Americans who disappeared into Pakistan.

Another thing is this whole dyat thing is ridiculous. Simply execute/punish a murderer and give the belongings to the families. Dyat is against the principles of a stable and safe nation.

Why you convert every discussion into desired mode and bit off topic. I stated here that issue in not religious but political and social. Suerly if you want endless discussion then nothing bad as you are going.

We are in this thread trying to understand what factors involved in RD release so i don't know what you understand but i can make some assumptions:
All politicians, army, ISI, wash their hands by this diyat law so nobody can complaint them.
In actual there were a fight for blood money in families of victims, so they also don't want to share with others.
Shumaila allegedly killed not suicide where i have not prove either Shumaila's parent offered blood money or not. Will clear afterword.
Jlao Gherao usual national practice and where i think all these coming protests by politicians are paid.

Question:
What we got being nation?
Why families of victim bring this personal case into national matter? Who gave them right to play with nation's emotions?
What benefits government/Army is promised by US?
What results ISI got from its planned Stage show? Will they keep their check & balance over foreigners criminals on high priority or again let RD type agents walk around country?
Will Zardari or Geelani get some shame to allow massive Visas to US citizens and strict their policy over it?

So try to think over this beyond your liberalism or secularism. We have problems more important.

just to add oil to the fire, as per my sources, yesterday 200+ visas were issued to US contractors, and its confirmed

the benefit ISI and Army gets is that your POF was facing some financial issue, heard about that?
benefit we get is that you get a new govt run by Imran Khan----lekhwa lo its already been written

army and isi is fully involve in this release no government could do this without there permission don't you gays remember meetings of army and agencies officials :what:

WOW ! Array itniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii zada posts :D Anyways

just to add oil to the fire, , yesterday 200as per my sources+ visas were issued to US contractors, and its confirmed

the benefit ISI and Army gets is that your POF was facing some financial issue, heard about that?
benefit we get is that you get a new govt run by Imran Khan----lekhwa lo its already been written

Dude,you are scary !!

After hearing the news and reading on this thread, I just could not stop myself writing.
I am having mixed emotions on this issue.
!st The family members of the deceased, the poor people were Used by both the Government and Radical forces.
They lost their sons, and are devastated, a wife of one even commits suicide, but these groups just mobilize mob and further their agenda played with these poor peoples emotions. The Govt agencies were no less kind, they acted diplomatically to twist their arm and silence them.
The end result, Blood Money paid, pardon and all cases with drawn. By the time you know it both the accused and aggrieved are out of country.
But they go happily? No, they went as disillusioned, heart broken and dejected lot. They were forced to take this path, their conscious murdered, having no strength to fight back, they lamely took what ever came their way...Good or Bad, only time will tell.
Now tell me who betrayed whom???
I for one wanted this whole episode to end with dignity, where he could have been sent back to USA with the tag of murder still on him, then he would have been tried in USA, also the family members would have been compensated with out doubt, but this would have been different. It would have meant telling Davis of his guilt and also sentence.
This way neither pride nor honor of country would have been lost.

I feel really sad for the families that left USA, O God never give any one poverty.

Aren't you already.
I mean your people have killed many Pakistani's over the last few years.
You are such an ignorant.
And define liberal fascism.
Bunch of wannabe westerners.

Let me help you:
Liberal: broad: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness; "a broad political stance"; "generous and broad sympathies".
If you had red Quran you would have known that it even has better qualities then you mentioned.

get ready for another marshal law headed by imran khan supported by army

I don't understand here. If army takes blood money as F16 and AID, no issues. What is the issue, If victims family took the money.
At least they will be financially secured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom