What's new

Ravi Kishan-If Muslim countries can have a state religion then so can India.

Great question.

A Hindu Rashtra would be no different from.a secular India.

But not with crypto Islamist Sanghis at the helm.

If there is no difference and obviously India has a pro hindutva leader then why Hindus still asking for hindu rashtra? Hindus already have one. Isn't it?

What does Dhamma mean?

Did Buddha claim to start a new religion?
Yes Lord Buddha started a completely way of life.

Contrary to popular belief, many teachings of lord Buddha were against Hinduism in the first place. Lord Buddha was against slaughter during Kali Puja, he was against Brahmins, he was against worshipping hindu gods.

Some Brahmins even plotted to kill Lord Buddha but he survived.

For the Iranians they fireworshippers were pretty much wiped out.

So they can look at history from a purely historical point of view

Our main enemy is Hindus, I won't even say Indian because underneath it's all about Hindus and the emnity towards them gets in the way of any appreciation of shared history

You are like @Robbie spot on.

Most Muslim Iranians would rest much easier if we were to die off and not remind them of their living past.

Then they could truly be "Persian" again with zero guilt and all the narrative gymnastics that they cooked up during the birth of Islam and their mass conversion.

And then their appropriation and manipulation and rewriting of Islam.

@El Sidd @I.R.A @Naofumi @Philosopher @Cthulhu

Buddhism is not a Dharmic religion.

In Western parlance, most religions of the world are classified as such:

Abrahamic - Christianity, Islam, Judaism

Dharmic - Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Shintoism, Confucianism etc

Differences are related to general philosophies of life and death.

Buddhism is not a Dharmic religion. Where do you even get such a theory? if you think the relationship between Buddhism and Hinduism is like Christianity, Judaism and Islam then you're wrong mate.

Buddhism is unique in its own way. Its not like Hinduism nor Judaism nor Islam nor Christianity nor any other religion.

I am tired of listening to people saying that Hinduism and Buddhism is similar.
Hindutva is like the Borg. It will assimilate you if you're not constantly zapping it.

Buddhism is not a Dharmic religion. Where do you even get such a theory? if you think the relationship between Buddhism and Hinduism is like Christianity, Judaism and Islam then you're wrong mate.

Buddhism is unique in its own way. Its not like Hinduism nor Judaism nor Islam nor Christianity nor any other religion.

I am tired of listening to people saying that Hinduism and Buddhism is similar.
I did not come up with the idea. You're free to talk with the many Buddhists and their temples in India who say this. A vast majority believe its Dharmic.

Fundamentally, I believe religion is personal and so nobody requires anyone else's certificate on anything.

In Western parlance, most religions of the world are classified as such:

Abrahamic - Christianity, Islam, Judaism

Dharmic - Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Shintoism, Confucianism etc

Differences are related to general philosophies of life and death.
I don't give a F to what westerners think. If you read Buddhism in its true form then it's nowhere near Hinduism or another faith.

If there is no difference and obviously India has a pro hindutva leader then why Hindus still asking for hindu rashtra? Hindus already have one. Isn't it?

They want a Hindu Pakistan.

Hindus want a secular India.

I did not come up with the idea. You're free to talk with the many Buddhists and their temples in India who say this. A vast majority believe its Dharmic.

Fundamentally, I believe religion is personal and so nobody requires anyone else's certificate on anything.
Yeah just like the chief Maulana of Azmir Sharif appeal for beef ban, Indian Buddhists would also say that Buddhism is a Dharmic faith like Hinduism.

You are like @Robbie spot on.

Most Muslim Iranians would rest much easier if we were to die off and not remind them of their living past.

Then they could truly be "Persian" again with zero guilt and all the narrative gymnastics that they cooked up during the birth of Islam and their mass conversion.

And then their appropriation and manipulation and rewriting of Islam.

@El Sidd @I.R.A @Naofumi @Philosopher @Cthulhu
What does being "Persian" have to do with religion?

Your ptsd is showing. Better cover up.

Yes Lord Buddha started a completely way of life.

Contrary to popular belief, many teachings of lord Buddha were against Hinduism in the first place. Lord Buddha was against slaughter during Kali Puja, he was against Brahmins, he was against worshipping hindu gods.

Some Brahmins even plotted to kill Lord Buddha but he survived.
Dhamma means Dharma.

Buddha reformed some practises. He did not start a new religion.

And Dharma does not mean religion.

Back
Top Bottom