What's new

Rare pics of IAF SU-30MKI

This may be a silly question. Why is the area just in front of the canards always not painted? I have seen many MKIs like this. However, the other side seems painted.

1447585.jpg

I believe this is somthing to do with the a/c's internal cannon. But not 100% sure as originally I thought it was to do with the pilots climbing in to the plane- to give them grip as on some planes I fly, but then I remembered they climb ladders from the other side.

This may be a silly question. Why is the area just in front of the canards always not painted? I have seen many MKIs like this. However, the other side seems painted.

1447585.jpg

Some Antenna is there in that area, hence no paint. Check the tips and leading edge of the vertical tail-fins also.

Absolutely gorgeous!

But I don't understand why do all the planes haven't been painted properly on right hand side near cockpit. It spoils the whole look. It makes it look like an aircraft model made out of thermocol and taped back together. :( Any specific reason behind it? [Well I do aeronautical engineering so I should know this but does anyone know. Why?]

Absolutely gorgeous!

But I don't understand why do all the planes haven't been painted properly on right hand side near cockpit. It spoils the whole look. It makes it look like an aircraft model made out of thermocol and taped back together. :( Any specific reason behind it? [Well I do aeronautical engineering so I should know this but does anyone know. Why?]

It looks different for two reasons: first reason is in post #32, second reason is that it is made of a different material from the rest of the a/c.

One more thing; the area just around the gun-port is because of the reason that Abingdonboy has written about.

india-defense-2009-3-3-10-9-38.jpg

_D038116.jpg

I remember whenever I used to go to My hometown nagpur from Pune Airport at Lohgaon or used to arive at Pune, then used to see all the MKIs parked all over the Airforce station. Several times I was also blessed (I dare say) to see the MKI roaring in the skies (Some time even in night). Believe me guyz its roar is deafning..

With regards

remote.jpg

_D038116.jpg

I remember whenever I used to go to My hometown nagpur from Pune Airport at Lohgaon or used to arive at Pune, then used to see all the MKIs parked all over the Airforce station. Several times I was also blessed (I dare say) to see the MKI roaring in the skies (Some time even in night). Believe me guyz its roar is deafning..

With regards

I can testify to that. I have a friend there who lives in the area; just under the area where the a/c flare in on finals. Got some great vid. footage about a year ago. They look really awesome and sound appropriately to the looks.

Yeah been to Pune a few times and noticed the MKIs there. The AL-31s do pack a punch ... such raw power !

it seems to be a mirage and why i cant see can canards in su 30 pictures? ?

it seems to be a mirage and why i cant see can canards in su 30 pictures? ?

yes brother its confirmed that it is a mirage.

regarding the other pics,i don't know!
in fact its hard for me to distinguish between a mig-29 and a su-30!

Back
Top Bottom