What's new

Rape threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numerous countries are issuing a warning to their women from traveling to india,A girl got raped to death with an iron rod in india, P. J. Kurien was not only exonerated from Suryanelli rape case but also asked to pass laws,BBC is making documentaries on rape in india and you want to talk about 8 rapes in Punjab PK a place where you haven't been too? lol

You can't hurt me or my rep online,Once in NY some indian tried and after I confronted him I had to spend 2 days in jail.

That is altogether a different case..... and till today he has not been proven guilty...... Actually it was a sex racket case , since the girl was below 18, this was called a rape.......dont mix things......

Numerous countries are issuing a warning to their women from traveling to india,A girl got raped to death with an iron rod in india, P. J. Kurien was not only exonerated from Suryanelli rape case but also asked to pass laws,BBC is making documentaries on rape in india and you want to talk about 8 rapes in Punjab PK a place where you haven't been too? lol

You can't hurt me or my rep online,Once in NY some indian tried and after I confronted him I had to spend 2 days in jail.

Does that negate the facts that I quoted?

Zero-conviction rate for rape: Senator proposes constitutional changes – The Express Tribune

Either prove my statement wrong or accept that you negatively rated my post because you got butt hurt.

Dear management,

Of late number of threads on rape incidents are increasing and at times the forum is flooded with rape threads. while agreeing that Rape is a serious crime (when it happens it become more serious, my head hangs in shame when i hear this happens in India, it saddens me that there are moron in my society who are savages.... The point of this thread is, this issue has been used for point scoring and trolling each other.... It is shocking to see the way members use this issue and feel sorry for those victims who faced such a crime.

To avoid flooding the forum I suggest we open a sticky thread on Rape in Indian section, which will reduce the number of threads opened, it will also reduce the load of moderators as they could moderate less number of threads.....

To give you an idea about the importance of this issue, i have picked up the threads opened in last 2 days in central and south asia section.

https://defence.pk/threads/watch-indias-daughter-here.362719/#post-6857705

Watch "India's daughter" here! (second one by op on same video)

Boy, 15, in critical condition after being gang raped at party

Rape film dispute shines harsh light on Indian attitudes

Indian home minister to investigate rape documentary

The Unspeakable Truth About Rape in India

Indian women found their voice after the Delhi rape. Could this film help silence them again?

Why India gang-rape film row is extraordinary

India bans broadcast of rapist interview that shamed country

Indian court bans controversial interview with convicted rapist

'Rape the girl, blame the girl'

Delhi gang rapist interview: Court blocks Leslee Udwin film

Interview with Delhi gang rapist left 'stain on my soul', says British film maker

A girl is far more responsible for rape than a boy, says Delhi bus rapist

I am sure if i go to other sections i will get more such threads...... But the point can be made with the above examples.....

Hope you take this point seriously and find a suitable strategy to curb this.

Regards

nair

@WebMaster @Horus @Oscar @Emmie

Hope my fellow members contribute this thread by not trolling
I wholeheartedly agree. It can be something like 'Rapes in India Section'. A sticky thread will be apt. Or a separate section. That way the SEO will be helped as well. The search engines will pick it up better as well.

Like it or not - that is the crux.

Dear management,

Of late number of threads on rape incidents are increasing and at times the forum is flooded with rape threads. while agreeing that Rape is a serious crime (when it happens it become more serious, my head hangs in shame when i hear this happens in India, it saddens me that there are moron in my society who are savages.... The point of this thread is, this issue has been used for point scoring and trolling each other.... It is shocking to see the way members use this issue and feel sorry for those victims who faced such a crime.

To avoid flooding the forum I suggest we open a sticky thread on Rape in Indian section, which will reduce the number of threads opened, it will also reduce the load of moderators as they could moderate less number of threads.....

To give you an idea about the importance of this issue, i have picked up the threads opened in last 2 days in central and south asia section.

https://defence.pk/threads/watch-indias-daughter-here.362719/#post-6857705

Watch "India's daughter" here! (second one by op on same video)

Boy, 15, in critical condition after being gang raped at party

Rape film dispute shines harsh light on Indian attitudes

Indian home minister to investigate rape documentary

The Unspeakable Truth About Rape in India

Indian women found their voice after the Delhi rape. Could this film help silence them again?

Why India gang-rape film row is extraordinary

India bans broadcast of rapist interview that shamed country

Indian court bans controversial interview with convicted rapist

'Rape the girl, blame the girl'

Delhi gang rapist interview: Court blocks Leslee Udwin film

Interview with Delhi gang rapist left 'stain on my soul', says British film maker

A girl is far more responsible for rape than a boy, says Delhi bus rapist

I am sure if i go to other sections i will get more such threads...... But the point can be made with the above examples.....

Hope you take this point seriously and find a suitable strategy to curb this.

Regards

nair

@WebMaster @Horus @Oscar @Emmie

Hope my fellow members contribute this thread by not trolling

I woke up on the early morning of 29th December, 2012 at around 4 am. The TV was on, I actually fell asleep while switching between the news channels following our Nirbhaya's story, something I was doing for the last two weeks. The TV was showing a breaking news, that she was no more. My heart sank, I somehow had a very bad feeling since the evening that day, but I was hoping against the inevitable, but it ended with her death. It was like I lost someone very close to me, I am sure many Indians felt the same that day. But the horrific incident did something amazing, it started a series of protests by the common people of India, spontaneous, massive, and an apolitical protest all over India. The protest is still on, it never died, and hopefully it will bring the change we are so desperately looking for in our country.

Then, a couple of months ago I was having some evening snacks at the food stalls near Tollygunge, a large group of foreigners, mostly women, were checking the foods, they approached me to explain the foods to them, while talking to them I found that they were students from foreign universities of different countries like Italy, France, Holland, etc. visiting IIMC on a student exchange program, and they had big plans to travel across India also. I studied in the same institution, so they became comfortable and started asking me many questions about the places to visit, what to see, where to eat, hygiene, etc. etc. and then they asked me about safety, safety of women to be specific. They had very bad impression about India from the media and they were actually very concerned about the 'safety' part of their travel plan. I just told them to follow the safety norms they generally follow in their own countries, and they are likely to be about as safe as they are in their own countries. But I also understood that our vehement protests against crime against women in India has sent very wrong and inaccurate kind of messages about India around the world. We are NOT among the worst countries in the world in this matter, we never were.

In short, while we were doing something very positive with our spirited protests (which is the best thing to happen in a long time), it was largely taken very negatively around the world and caused serious damage to the perception & image of India in the world, and it matters. Every single rape in India finds a prime space in the foreign media, while similar incidents in their own country will never be highlighted, even when their own country might have a more serious situation in this regard. I also suspect that a part of this vile propaganda was out of inferiority or superiority complex (depending upon the countries, like our neighbour or the UK), and some vested interests, I mean there are countries who stand to gain if India's image goes down, it has its political and economic implications. Here we are cleaning our house with our windows open, and some people are pointing fingers at us and saying; 'hey look, how dirty they are'.

This realization has made many of us (including me) and the government defensive, we need the protests and social reforms to go on within our country, we certainly do, but probably we also need to find a balance somewhere, like the way we sometimes scold our children for their own good, but would not want just anybody to come and scold them or make fun of them. Maybe we need some control on the current situation, maybe we need to put curtains over the windows while cleaning our house. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Good idea Nair. I'm sick of the bloody trolling on these threads.

Please check the last 7-8 pages of thread opening history of this user: by78

When India's GDP was revised, he opened 20-25 threads on the same topic in less than an hour. And now he has opened maybe a dozen threads on Delhi rape case documentary since yesterday. He is here only to open multiple threads on India. Pure trolling, rather spamming.

Please check the last 7-8 pages of thread opening history of this user: by78

When India's GDP was revised, he opened 20-25 threads on the same topic in less than an hour. And now he has opened maybe a dozen threads on Delhi rape case documentary since yesterday. He is here only to open multiple threads on India. Pure trolling, rather spamming.

Already suggested.

Heard about the disease deafness?

Offensive my foot....

Tell the same to your senator and ask your judiciary to convict the rapists.

You gave you TTA, a knife in monkey's hand :tsk:
Apparently you wouldn't know because you are dyslexic:crazy:

Why don't you tell P. J. Kurien to convict all culprits in the Suryanelli rape case? Wait a minute how can you do that he himself participated in it and the others accused had been acquitted 9 years ago.:disagree:

"you gave you TTA" :rofl: Dyslexia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom