Status
Not open for further replies.

nair

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Dear management,

Of late number of threads on rape incidents are increasing and at times the forum is flooded with rape threads. while agreeing that Rape is a serious crime (when it happens it become more serious, my head hangs in shame when i hear this happens in India, it saddens me that there are moron in my society who are savages.... The point of this thread is, this issue has been used for point scoring and trolling each other.... It is shocking to see the way members use this issue and feel sorry for those victims who faced such a crime.

To avoid flooding the forum I suggest we open a sticky thread on Rape in Indian section, which will reduce the number of threads opened, it will also reduce the load of moderators as they could moderate less number of threads.....

To give you an idea about the importance of this issue, i have picked up the threads opened in last 2 days in central and south asia section.

https://defence.pk/threads/watch-indias-daughter-here.362719/#post-6857705

Watch "India's daughter" here! (second one by op on same video)

Boy, 15, in critical condition after being gang raped at party

Rape film dispute shines harsh light on Indian attitudes

Indian home minister to investigate rape documentary

The Unspeakable Truth About Rape in India

Indian women found their voice after the Delhi rape. Could this film help silence them again?

Why India gang-rape film row is extraordinary

India bans broadcast of rapist interview that shamed country

Indian court bans controversial interview with convicted rapist

'Rape the girl, blame the girl'

Delhi gang rapist interview: Court blocks Leslee Udwin film

Interview with Delhi gang rapist left 'stain on my soul', says British film maker

A girl is far more responsible for rape than a boy, says Delhi bus rapist

I am sure if i go to other sections i will get more such threads...... But the point can be made with the above examples.....

Hope you take this point seriously and find a suitable strategy to curb this.

Regards

nair

@WebMaster @Horus @Oscar @Emmie

Hope my fellow members contribute this thread by not trolling

not just in Indian section,in other sections as well.

good idea, make a sticky and let's discuss this menace in a dedicated thread.

The subject of Rape has become a flogging tool.

A tool by which posters score brownie points over each other attempting to highlight social issues in each others country.

We could in my opinion use this platform to sensitize minds so as to create changes in mind sets without finding fault with each other.

For this close & aggressive moderation is a necessity. Modalities can be worked out.

@nair
The most sane discussion on this forum about the topic was started by @Gufi but i don't think every member here has the maturity to discuss it like him.
I was disturbed after I saw the word "rape" edited out from the banned topic list and I had made a thread on the same in GHQ. I am posting my thread's contents and @WebMaster 's reply.
I would love to know who edited this thread
Topics banned on PDF
The present op of that thread is
Webmaster said:
-toilets-
-50 cent chinese army-
-failed state-
-dark skin-

But afaik till a few days back there was another word in that OP which was very conveniently edited out by some mod.

From another member's post (amberdutt post#7) the ACTUAL original post in that thread was
WebMaster said:
Any topic related to the keywords below is banned from PDF. Any discussions or thread creation on these keywords will get you banned accordingly.

-rape-
-toilets-
-indian economy-
-chinese economy-
-failed state-
-dark skin

@WebMaster @Horus
Afaik only you 2 can edit that thread or may be other supermods like @Oscar and @Manticore
Just curious why was that word edited out??

the reply from admin was this
Rape threads are allowed, rape threads for trolling is not.
The reply is ambiguous but I'm assuming he meant whenever there's a mudslinging contest or whenever the topic is brought up without any reason then it will be called "trolling on the topic".

Last edited:
Rape threads are a tool of counter attack and an attempt to shame India in front of the world and to satisfy self egos..

Even though most rape threads are similar and say the same and end up as a troll fest with showering insults and all , How can we say we should ban these threads and deprive desperate members from this privilege ?

The subject of Rape has become a flogging tool.

A tool by which posters score brownie points over each other attempting to highlight social issues in each others country.

We could in my opinion use this platform to sensitize minds so as to create changes in mind sets without finding fault with each other.

For this close & aggressive moderation is a necessity. Modalities can be worked out.

Well thats the issue, the intention of these threads are not discuss the real issue, instead scoring brownie points, to show the world who is worse interms of rape....... But think of that poor victim...... her pain, trauma.... and we use it to score points...... i think that is worse than rape.....

@nair
The most sane discussion on this forum about the topic was started by @Gufi but i don't think every member here has the maturity to discuss it like him.
I was disturbed after I saw the word "rape" edited out from the banned topic list and I had made a thread on the same in GHQ. I am posting my thread's contents and @WebMaster 's reply.

the reply from admin was this

The reply is ambiguous but I'm assuming he meant wherever there's a mudslinging contest or whenever the topic is brought up without any reason then it will be called trolling on the topic.

He is absolutely right when he says " Rape threads are allowed but rape threads for trolling is not allowed".... But the question is how many threads opened on rape are for discussion???? There are few like the one you mentioned about @Gufi but those threads are rare instances....

How can we say we should ban these threads and deprive desperate members from this privilege ?
make a sticky and take away the 'feel good' factor for anti India trolls to post a new headline every time.

Rape incidents are the only thing trolls (even Indians)found when they have no answer to economy,scientific achievements,sports and Armed forces etc..etc...

Well thats the issue, the intention of these threads are not discuss the real issue, instead scoring brownie points, to show the world who is worse interms of rape....... But think of that poor victim...... her pain, trauma.... and we use it to score points...... i think that is worse than rape.....

Its not an issue for the authorities here.

These are hot threads.... and lots of visits.....

It's about the money, money, money.
We need your money, money, money.
We just wanna make the world dance, Forget about the price tag.
Ain't about the (uh) cha-ching cha-ching
Ain't about the (yeah) ba-bling ba-bling
Wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the price tag.

He is absolutely right when he says " Rape threads are allowed but rape threads for trolling is not allowed".... But the question is how many threads opened on rape are for discussion???? There are few like the one you mentioned about @Gufi but those threads are rare instances....
I want that word (rape) back in the banned topic list.
Why was that word "rape" edited out from banned topic list??
I am sure I will never get a reply.
I know the word was edited out very recently for I have been visiting that thread (on banned topic list) since long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom