What's new

Rape in marriage not a crime, Indian court rules

There is no such thing as Rape in marriage- :sick:

These short films proves it all-

biggest joke then, if what you say is true, would be stray rodents like you....

youre on a PAKISTANI forum, thickhead

Come again,

I respect Pakistani laws ,and i am neutral towards wife raping Pakistanis. I have never proclaimed myself to be a crusader for women rights in Pakistan.

Come again,

I respect Pakistani laws ,and i am neutral towards wife raping Pakistanis. I have never proclaimed myself to be a crusader for women rights in Pakistan.

I can comfortably say that nobody on this forum except maybe a few of your fellow indian guests could care what your views are or what you proclaim to be or proclaim not to be

There is not rape when you are married, :lol:
BTW could explain me this sh!t please

Eww that is disgusting. Certainly isn't "Hindu tradition" . That is tantamount to saying that because people who indulge in wife swapping are usually Christians, then wife swapping is a "Christian tradition" :D

Considering divorce in India is the lowest in the world, I would say Indian women are quite happy in their marriages. Also seeing that Indian children grow up to be well adjusted human beings who go on to be successful everywhere in the world, one must say they come from very happy homes.

So how can they prove it? If marital rape law is passed, then all the decent men will get screwed as the women will have untold power to do whatever.

First of all, the burden of proving the rape is on the one that was raped and not on the one that was alledged to have done it. So just like in this case, without evidence that the woman was forced, no man can be screwed.
But to be honest it's kind of strange to talk about "all the decent men" wrt to rape cases in India. Rape itself is a very shameful problem, but nothing Indian specific and happening even more in other countries too (which still is no justification though), BUT the ammount of gang rapes in India is more than disturbing! That shows that these are not only cases of single men, but that there this is a much larger problem in the mindset of Indian men about rape and women (which some have even shown here). It's no wonder that nearly any news about India today is another horrific gangrape case and it doesn't really looks like anything have changed since the delhi case.

Sirjee,

There is no scientific way to determine whether the sex is consensual or not. Medical examination could only confirm sex and check for bruises and evidence of physical harm and could conduct toxicological screening for date rape drugs.

Isn't that more than enough to prove "force"? The point is, there is no law for forced sex, but if that is proven, you have evidence against the men, the problem is only, that in most cases it is very hard to prove that, especially in India and our culture makes it even more difficult to come forward with such a case.

Even in case of physical bruises, you cannot reach at a definitive conclusion as to whether it was rape or BDSM play when long term relationships are involved.

Depends on the physical bruises, which are different if you beat up the victim or drug it, but of course there are cases that might be difficult, but that doesn't make all forced sex cases like this isn't it?

By partially i mean that it is considered a crime from the moment any of the two party has filed for separation (not divorce) which procedurally is another term for counselling as in that case sex could be correlated with rape.

And how often does this happens in India? In our culture divorce or seperation is not possible, especially for the women. Don't we even judge these victims and their families if something like that comes out, which is the reason why most rape cases are not reported?

Come again,

thread is about wife raping Indians...talk about your neutrality towards them please! :enjoy:

Madam,

Divorce in India is lowest because getting Divorce in India is difficult not because Indians are happy in their marriage. A divorce trail took 4-5 years and is conducted like a medevil inquisition and it is difficult for divorcee to get married again in India.

800px-Marital_rape_criminalized_map.svg.png

Red: Marital rape recognised as a crime.
Orange: Marital rape recognised as a crime, partially.
Black:Marital rape is completely legal

and @SeanShah1003 , Rape was always halal in Pakistan.
sources please? :coffee: and at the same time sue global post for writing what they did :tup:

Come again,

But first you need to Focus on India!!

all the people are going gung ho on this stupid topic.
let me ask u a question.

how would the wife even prove she was raped??

this sucks,only an allegation can land any person in jail just like the dowry act.she needs to furnish no proof.and thats objectionable to me especially considering she is the wife.

Divorce in India is lowest because getting Divorce in India is difficult not because Indians are happy in their marriage. A divorce trail took 4-5 years and is conducted like a medevil inquisition and it is difficult for divorcee to get married again in India.

Yes getting divorce in India is messy and time consuming, it is not easy in many parts of the world either. In USA though you will get divorce fairly quickly, giving child support, parting with more than half the property, and alimony for almost a lifetime should act as deterrent, but they do not. Likewise, in India time consuming though divorces may be, it is not impossible, but people do not opt for divorces and rather compromise and continue living with their spouses.

It is difficult for divorcee to get married in India again because everyone is married after a certain age and there is hardly anyone available to marry for a divorcee.

No one said marriage is a bed of roses, but given the quality of children coming out of Indian homes, I would say our couples are doing a fairly good job of holding together.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom