What's new

Rangers murder young boy in Karachi

I watched that video with sadness. What I see maybe a miscomunnication between the person in question and the Pakistani Rangers. The Pakistani Ranger seems to be telling the person in question to get down for an arrest with pat downs to check for illegal substances and weapons. It's a common police procedure in most countries, especially one that is in near marshal law like state. Unfortunately the person in question perceived that notion as a threat to be shot to death in some way, therefore he pleads for his life trying to put the weapon pointing at him aside. Meanwhile, the Ranger with the weapon pointing to the person in question perceived it it to be a threat because that person was trying to take his weapon away from him, while conducting a routine police procedure for search, therefore shot the young man in the leg (not at the head or abdomen) to make him stop pursuing for the Ranger's weapon. The commanding officer of the unit should have better control and command of his men and the situation. Unfortunately it became a tragic and a valuable learning lessons for all arms profession personnel. I'm sure the Pakistan authorities will encourage more professional procedures for this kind of situation next time. :police::pakistan:

It is sad to see few people are justifying this action. It's against the humanity no matter where. How can a person be threat - He looks weak and unarmed. He was begging for his life against 5-6 professional rangers. He was shot brutally till he died. Media played good role. Starting thread like this will only help the cruel people with blind power.

Is karachi more violent than other places of Pakistan ?

I heard that Punjabis and Pashtun generally are more violent . That is the image one gets ( they call themselves martial)

Then how is it that a muhajir dominated city in sindh province is most violent place in pakistan for non-terror incidents ?

Is karachi more violent than other places of Pakistan ?

I heard that Punjabis and Pashtun generally are more violent . That is the image one gets ( they call themselves martial)

Then how is it that a muhajir dominated city in sindh province is most violent place in pakistan for non-terror incidents ?

Karachi at one time become the most violent of places and if it weren't for WOT in the frontier region, Karachi would be the most violent.

Its not ethnic based per say, its more to do with the parties that 'rule' Karachi, similarly we have the highest concentration of Pashtuns, Sindhi's and Muhajirs in this city.

It is sad to see few people are justifying this action. It's against the humanity no matter where. How can a person be threat - He looks weak and unarmed. He was begging for his life against 5-6 professional rangers. He was shot brutally till he died. Media played good role. Starting thread like this will only help the cruel people with blind power.

Don't forget that the Pakistani Ranger is scared for his life also, while he was conducting police search procedure. He was trained to make sure before any searching can proceed that person in question must be immobile for both his and the officer's safety. Since that poor young man were not aware of the standard procedure and assume that he was definitely going to be shot acted out of fear of his life (no fault of his). Like I said before the commanding officer of the Pakistan Ranger unite should have explain to the person in question the purpose of the procedural search and take control of the situation before it gets out of hand. I'm not here to blame at anyone, but I see it as a major mis-communication between the authority and the civilian in question that leads to tragedy.

Don't forget that the Pakistani Ranger is scared for his life also, while he was conducting police search procedure. He was trained to make sure before any searching can proceed that person in question must be immobile for both his and the officer's safety. Since that poor young man were not aware of the standard procedure and assume that he was definitely going to be shot acted out of fear of his life (no fault of his). Like I said before the commanding officer of the Pakistan Ranger unite should have explain to the person in question the purpose of the procedural search and take control of the situation before it gets out of hand. I'm not here to blame at anyone, but I see it as a major mis-communication between the authority and the civilian in question that leads to tragedy.

What miscommunication are you talking about ? Do you even understand the language they were speaking?

The guy was pleading for his life , thats it , there was no threat and he was unarmed.

Then he was shot dead by that angry( crazy) ranger. Thats all that happened .

This is a link to a British news site, read the comments at the end:

Unarmed Sarfaraz Shah shot dead at point blank by Pakistan military police | Mail Online

I think unforutunalty this is how (from my own experience) most people in the (western) world now view Pakistan and sadly this is not much of a shock. This is a shame as I know not all Pakistanis are like this and there are deep and underlying issues that exist in Pakistan right now that have caused this. I hope somthing is done to bring these cowardly men to justice.

Pakistan- I wish you all the best, as an NRI with a solid grip on history I know at one time we were all brothers, united against evil and it saddens me today the state Pakistan is in.

Unarmed Sarfaraz Shah shot dead at point blank by Pakistan military police | Mail Online

I think unforutunalty this is how (from my own experience) most people in the (western) world now view Pakistan and sadly this is not much of a shock. This is a shame as I know not all Pakistanis are like this and there are deep and underlying issues that exist in Pakistan right now that have caused this. I hope somthing is done to bring these cowardly men to justice.

Pakistan- I wish you all the best, as an NRI with a solid grip on history I know at one time we were all brothers, united against evil and it saddens me today the state Pakistan is in.

Again as disgusting as this incident is, this type of thing is NOT limited to Pakistan.

Police shooting unarmed people or unlawfully shooting people happens everywhere from the U.S to the U.K to India.

As for the comments, well i wouldn't be surprised if most of them are from indians

Again as disgusting as this incident is, this type of thing is NOT limited to Pakistan.

Police shooting unarmed people or unlawfully shooting people happens everywhere from the U.S to the U.K to India.

As for the comments, well i wouldn't be surprised if most of them are from indians

Daily Mail is a right wing tabloid newspaper, their readership much like their editorials can be classified as 'low'.

Don't pay much attention to it, its commonly derided in the UK and its fun to read for a laugh.

They were shocked as you saw in the video. After all he was a dacoit chaged for armed roberries, so why cry that he was innocent?
We must kill all murderers and those who commit armed robberies. You sent them to jail, next day they are out and do their work over and over plus no one listens.
Where did i say he was innocent ?? have u heard about the 2 firs launched , in one of them it was mentioned that the rangers shot the guy when they were fired upon !!?? 2ndly there comrades didnt do a thing , its pretty graphic to see on the video i hope i never see such a thing in real life no one came to help , lastly for the law and order i think you are wrong in assuming that these murders will help sorting any thing more importantly one has to lead by example if these rangers were any law abiding they would have never shot an armed person as this is against . My friend once shot 2 robbers inside his home , he shot them both in the rear end and both were armed ... the police officer told him not to mention this in the fir as this is against pakistani laws as it proves one never gave them a chance to surrender.

Yeah right , I was Alan there , search for my comments .:lol:

Get a life

yes they mostly spoke rants which indians use here commonly and the freedom of speech they are given here in contrast to bharat rakshak

like failed state, stop aids,barbaric

now please read, an indian journalist has been gunned down, no pathetic comments there??

Back
Top Bottom