What's new

Range missile "BrahMos" will not increase

sudhir007

Reaction score
Google Translate

India strictly observes the inter-governmental agreement with Russia limiting the range supersonic missile "BrahMos" 300 kilometers, so there is a limit range of fire will not be increased.

This assured the Russian Journalists Executive Director of "BrahMos Aerospace" from the Indian side Sivathanu Pillai. Responding to a question, he said that India has signed with Russian intergovernmental agreement, pledging not to increase the maximum firing range missile "BrahMos", is 300 km.

However, the head of the company said that the joint Russian-Indian company is actively working to improve the missile "BrahMos" in other ways. "The development of technology in the field of missile technology goes very quickly, including at the theater, where India, and we can not keep up," - said Pillay.

In particular, the "work is being done in the direction of improving the accuracy of fire, increasing its capacity to overcome electronic warfare and air defense systems, increasing the speed of flight. These are all questions we carefully consider both individually and comprehensively. " "We are working on systems that would have a high reliability and a long service life with the possibility of extension. All of these systems with high performance must be integrated into a single product - a missile "BrahMos", - said Pillay.

"We are working to improve the rocket, remembering that the most important thing for us - our customers, which are the Army, Air Force and the Indian Navy," - said the head of the Indian side.

What ?? Few months ago there were repeated reports of 500km Brahmos and now this?
Dr.Sivathanu Pillai has openly said several times that India can increase the range of Brahmos if it wants to.The least we expect from him is consistency in his words.

What ?? Few months ago there were repeated reports of 500km Brahmos and now this?
Dr.Sivathanu Pillai has openly said several times that India can increase the range of Brahmos if it wants to.The least we expect from him is consistency in his words.

That was the air launched version. I'm sure the air launched version of the same missile will have a longer range, from basic physics. (Since it is launched from a height.) I don't know what MTCR says about air launched versions of missiles that approach 300 km range.

of course on pen & paper we have to abide by the rule ,but in real war time LLOLLLZ :devil:

The technology is shared between Russians and Indians....If India tries to increase the range,the Russians will know...

He is consistent. India has the technical ability, but thats against international laws so would not do it. There has been no official statement that the range would increase.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know brahmos is a joint venture between Russia and india. That means India and Russia would share the technology and jointly develop and produce brahmos Missle. That means india co-owned the Missle technology Right? So why can't we develop an indigenous Missle using that technology with greater range ?
DRDO should start a new program to develop brahmos like supersonic cruise Missle and give it indian name lol

Just to play the devil's advocate- if, big IF , India wanted to increase the range (with the Russians help) both sides would have to keep silent on this as Russia is a member of the Missile Technology Control Regime. As such both sides would have to publicly make these sort of declarations.

I for one wouldn't rule out the Bhramos having a range way in excess of 300km and I'm sure India's potential adversaries won't either.

So the range will not increase,who was the numb nut giving us dreams of higher range?

PDF members. No official sources.

So let me get this right, you guys want to him to openly acknowledge that India is breaking the MTCR and get Russia into trouble? :cuckoo:

So let me get this right, you guys want to him to openly acknowledge that India is breaking the MTCR and get Russia into trouble? :cuckoo:

exactly-bro.jpg

That was the air launched version. I'm sure the air launched version of the same missile will have a longer range, from basic physics. (Since it is launched from a height.) I don't know what MTCR says about air launched versions of missiles that approach 300 km range.
No i don't think that was the air launched version.It was some Brahmos 2 which will have around 500km range.The reports we not official but still ...and the air launched version is a slightly cut down version.It will have a weight of around 2.5T as compared to the 3T of the land variant since the max weight that can be on the central hardpoint of sukhoi 30MKI is 2500kg.But since it will be air launched from a supersonic MKI it can still achieve 300km range even in scaled down version.

Back
Top Bottom