What's new

Range missile "BrahMos" will not increase

With increased range also comes far more guidance and targeting problems.
But i'm quite sure actual range of brahmos is more.
Brahmos 2 will certainly be more.

Russia never bought Brahmos. It was an upgraded P-800 Oniks aimed for export.

Because brahmos is heavier than oniks and doesn't fit on most new russian ships.

Actually the current range is under 280km。:azn:

Stopped masturbating yet?U still don't have something as good.

Didn't the US supplied SK with missile that were in violation of the MTCR treaty or was that an exception?

IIRC the US had cleared the sale of the Lockheed Martin Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) (classed as a strategic weapon by the Pentagon) to S.Korea.

Well it depends upon who's breaking the rule. You know it, and so do I. In our case the rule can be activated by something as innocuous as a reflective coating, and in yours maybe a whole ToT of a carrier-group may not raise an eyebrow.

This is a "multipli"citous world, where boundaries start and where they end, only the rule-maker is aware of. I myself have absolutely no faith in any such agreement/treaty.

Besides, I don't trust anyone, never have.

Sir, this is EXACTLY what I was talking about. If you are the "right nation" you can do and get whatever you want (within reason). And here I think the Bhramos may be proving this statement/hypothesis.

Russian will never let us touch ramjet engine technology and make also make sure that we don't modify our self like making it air launch for fighter plane.
If we need help in modifying ALCM then how can we be able to tweek ramjet engine for long distance when we have no knowledge of it .

After years of experience handling MKI we still send engine back to russia for over hauling and you guys think we can increase brahmos missile range .

And yes its very funny in joint venture we gave indian scientice father of brahmos title .

All hail of your super knowledge I don't know HAL built complete AL-31 Saturn engine in their Koraput facility but send to them in Russia for overhauling.
Oh my super minded friend can you give me source.

Where is design sequence, scaled testing, MRP systems, ELC's, testing and validation.
Apart form the design part of the current Brahmos version, isn't all this done in India? We tested and validatied the naval version, the land version, we implemented further upgrades and tested them, even the recent tests for a sub launched version is getting us all this capabilities. So what are you complaining about?
For the hypersonic version we already have scientiests working with the Russians as parts of the R&D stages and we will be fully involved in all parts, with main prodiction and test facilities being in India again too!

I pose a simple question to you, would Indian military like a 800km supersonic cruise missile?
IAF and IN definitely not, because they have no platforms to use a P700 like missile, but they wouldn't mind more range of the current missile of course and that is what the air launched version will offer, without making changes on the propulsion. The next step as I said, will be developing a completelly new missile with newly developed propulsion systems as well, according to our requirements.

No, I did not compare Brahmos with pinaka, I gave you an example of indigenous development.
You compare an advanced missile development that we would never have developed on our own, with a basic low end rocket launcher! Both are very different developments based on the technologies behind it and that's why we can develop a low end Pinaka system (and we should do it!), but why we can't develop cruise missiles in the same time. Just as we can develop LCA (if we wouldn't have done it in such a silly way), while we can't develop a 5th gen fighter today! So you can't blame Brahmos development, when there is no alternative to it. That's why I said, we not both, low end indigenous developments and high tech JV/co-developments, only then we will get independent, while being able to defend the country.
Only "hope" on DRDO, or HAL is not making India safer!!!

Lets not blame the industry for misgivings of the military planners. Apart from that you did see the brilliance of Pinaka systems in kargil, fruit of indigenous development. If proper planning was put in the 80's you could have had your own targetting pods and LGB's in kargil, but instead we kept buying and buying....

The military was not the issue, since they had planned the induction of US LGBs, but they were supplied with the wrong parts. The more important point though is, that Indian industry was not able to offer something comparable back then and that's why you need alternatives for your forces. That's the reality that you try to avoid, but you can take Sudarshan LGB, that will be available only roughly 15 years after Kargil war, or Astra missile, that still is not ready for induction, NAG... and if you look even deeper, you will find out that our weapons are technically not on par with the foreign counterparts either (Sudarshan has lower range and higher CEP compared to comparable western LGBs). So who's fault is that? Again military, again lack of money?

The simple truth is, we are still at a very basic level when it comes to defence developments and we have to accept that and plan developments and procurement according to that and not to dreams or pride reasons! As long as the Indian industry can't provide the same, we have to procure foreign stuff for the sake of national defence and that's where it's logically better for India to be a JV or even co-development partner, than just an arms importer. That's why I would love to see HAL developing a naval Dhruv, instead of just buying foreign helicopters in a similar class. Why I would love to see HAL jointly developing heavy lift helicopters with the Europeans or Russians, rather than simply buying some from the US..., because the Dhruv is successful today and we could get Mi 26 versions as stop gaps in the meantime.

WHat?? did you miss what I said? India has solid ramjet tech that is already in use in Akash. Liquid ramjet prototype already under tests

There are plenty of old research papers and designs available from Russia
Solid Fuel Ramjets
and Russia used solid ramjet in their SAM...
So chances are its a Russian design...

I thought you were asking about sea targets (where a modified / upgraded BrahMos would come in very handy). For land attack, Nirbhay is more than fit for the job.
Sir am waiting for your reply from yesterday Check Post #46

There are plenty of old research papers and designs available from Russia
Solid Fuel Ramjets
and Russia used solid ramjet in their SAM...
So chances are its a Russian design...

May be I think there may be true that India independently does not make missiles and use some tech of other country but then also built it or use indeginously and there should not be easy to make such missiles as they are agile and need better computers and electronics etc.

I think there is always use of the techs of ohters. India never built the newest weapon. but making weapons which is always there. but by own tech or changed techs

Question: If some missile is built with Brahmos tech.with height of prithvi. more width and big. with 1000 kg warhead. could it be possible.

Back
Top Bottom