What's new

Ranatunga sorry for Indian cricket

he is right .....let the ipl run few more years than we will see no indian cricket in intl arena only domestic cricket...:D

sooo good for cricket we will get the rid of bokies from intl cricket as they will be more busy in their domestic cricket soo there will be no corruption in intl cricket.

Sri Lanka's World Cup winning captain Arjuna Ranatunga has said that he feels "very sorry for Indian cricket."
In an interview to gulfnews.com, Ranatunga said: "I feel very sorry for Indian cricket. The way they are going they are heading towards a disaster. They won the World Cup but look at the way they are playing Test cricket. They are losing to most of the countries and don't produce any more Gavaskars, Vengsarkars or Viswanaths, Tendulkars, Dravids and Laxmans. I am talking about classical cricketers..."

Ranatunga also blamed the riches of the Indian Premier League for taking Indian cricket into wrong direction.

"They will now produce butchers because of the IPL. Most countries are now being controlled by the Indian cricket board because they are the kingpin and have all the money," Ranatunga added in the same breath.

According to Ranatunga, it was the lucrative offer from the IPL that prompted Sri Lanka's pace sensation Lasith Malinga to quit Test cricket.
"Players now prefer to play IPL rather than for their country. Malinga has retired from Test cricket because he wants to play in the IPL and our board did nothing. You cannot pick and choose.
"The IPL is entertainment for a public who does not understand the game. People who understand this lovely game will never get into the shorter version. I like the way the West Indies cricket board handled the issue of the IPL. They allowed their players to go and play in the IPL and continued to stage their international matches against Australia," he said.

Ranatunga also blamed the "spinless" Sri Lankan cricket board for its failure to stop players getting into the IPL trap.

"In the case of Sri Lanka, they played two Test matches and cancelled the third and also the one-day series to go and play in the IPL. We have a spineless cricket board that allowed this to happen. By doing this when we go to England we will also get to play only two Test matches. It is the younger generation who will lose by such acts.
"How can you stop the entire country from playing international cricket just to play in the IPL? There are seven cricketers from Sri Lanka in the IPL, out of which three or four are playing regularly and the rest are sitting on the bench. More than 300 cricketers are forced to stay at home doing nothing because of the IPL. It is not only hampering Sri Lankan cricket, but the entire world," Ranatunga was quoted.

Cricket | Indian Premier League | Ranatunga sorry for Indian cricket | ESPNSTAR.com

I fully agree with you Mr. Ranatunga...IPL is like WWE....is destroying Cricket

He should come to bidding, He may get into some team.. :welcome:

Brad, Dravid, dada, Sachin, Azahar mahmood all old guns are firing, Lets Ranatunga get a chance...

Hey any one notice, Pakistani player Azahar Mahmood is playing IPL,.... And they were blaming India for not selecting Pakistani players..

Football is Liverpool,Man U,Arsenal,Man city,Barcelona,Real Madrid.:tup:
Who cares about English football team.:tdown:

I also feel sorry to Indian cricket :D

I feel sorry for Cricket because player from all over world want to play IPL rather than for their own country...

You are sorry for Indian cricket because ....BCCI is making huge money ....Players are making money except Pakistani players....Because IPL is huge success....and in PPL no body will come to play except Pakistani Players since they are doing nothing

People love watching cricket... IPL is giving em full dose of cricket...

Ranatunga is right on few points but feeling sorry for Indian cricketers is not likely b`cos they are earning a hell lot of $$...

IPL is ruining the true cricket format ie. test cricket is his right point though... all else is :blah::blah:

Mere ache din nhi ahey ..indian cricket k burey din zaror a ghey hein world cup k baad :D :P

mein tu sirf rana tunga ki haan mein haan mila rha hoon :P

How do you know?

They might be doing fixing without giving you any prior notice. its just that they never get caught :)

Inida is hub of gambling if you know what i mean

In general Business.

he is right .....let the ipl run few more years than we will see no indian cricket in intl arena only domestic cricket...:D

sooo good for cricket we will get the rid of bokies from intl cricket as they will be more busy in their domestic cricket soo there will be no corruption in intl cricket.

Hmm...you looks quite intelligent...But the question is ....: AAKHIR KYU JALI....??

]he is right about IPL destroying the temperament of players and thus taking away the classic cricket from the internatiobal arena[/B]

it is not only the case for India but most of the nations... only exception is England, Australia and South Africa up to certain extents

Then why you are organizing PPL...

ipl and t20 has made one day cricket more intresting now Indian team feels that they can chase any score .

ipl gives a good platform for our young talent to come in selectors eyes so it helps in increasing the benchstrength .

I DONT SEE ANY REASON ITS EFFECTING INDIAN CRICKET IN A BAD WAY . AND WHO CARES WHAT ANYONE SAYS ?

Bhaijaan humne wc ke baad england aur west indies ke khilaf home series jeete hai waise aap logon ne wc ke baad kitni homeseries jeete hain
Are yaar bbahut dard hua hoga..
Ek bhi home series jit nahi paye yaar i don't know the reason, why ???:cheesy:

I don't know why always pakistani cricketers get caught and indian bookies buy them..
Pata nahi kitne bikau hai ye cricketer..:disagree:

Either he is gloating in world cup final loss or he is crying foul over he is not young enough to play in IPL. He is too small to change anything in cricket.

Actually Rantunga feel ashamed of himself as he sent Shrilankan team in Pakistan and they managed to save their lives in terrorist attack. He should accept the responsibilities and never comment about biggest cricketing nation henceforth.

Back
Top Bottom