What's new

Railway passenger fare hiked by 14.2% with immediate effect from today

:lol::lol: I love the way people supporting this decision.. Just thinking out loud about what would have been the reaction if the decision was taken by UPA government..:P :P

Dude, It needs a MODI to do what is NECESSARY for the Country :D

While UPA was giving freebies to everyone :disagree:

P.S. Marriage ka kya hua?

It's not about getting any approval, but since my view is always aimed on good or bad for India and not good or bad for a specific party, it's good for me to get different point of views. Since you supported BJP throughout the elections, I am interested in your view and I would be happy to hear something from a Congress / UPI supporter too.

This is a very simple view of a very complex problem. Price rise in India is not just because of transportation - there have been enormous increase in fuel costs and it does shows in costs - it is more because of lack of transportation and storage, among many other problems. All this require money to solve.

The hike has been long delayed and I am sure was making the bureaucrats in RM go grey and bald sooner than normal. The condition of railway is terrible, and is in part affecting the costs. If the transportation is faster and capacity is increased, the prices would go down. Thus the low prices are a trap - affecting in a way not easily visible. I am not even counting the safety here - life is cheap in India.

The government, and the people have to come out of the mindset of treating poor people as beggars, and the poor have to stop taking all the facilities for granted.

:lol::lol: I love the way people supporting this decision.. Just thinking out loud about what would have been the reaction if the decision was taken by UPA government..:P :P

A minister did take the decision, only to be expelled by TC from the party, if I remember well. UPA could never have taken unpopular decisions, all they knew was Indians are beggars, give them cheap transport and free food, and they will vote for you. Fortunately, people proved them wrong.

During UPA regime the fare was already hiked. Railway fares have not been increased for years due to populist politics by Lalu-Mamata and company. These regressive policies stopped the modernization of railways to a great extent and I welcome this step again as I did it when UPA raised the price.

A minister did take the decision, only to be expelled by TC from the party, if I remember well. UPA could never have taken unpopular decisions, all they knew was Indians are beggars, give them cheap transport and free food, and they will vote for you. Fortunately, people proved them wrong.

Dinesh Trivedi had to step aside due to pressure from Mamata when he proposed to hike the price. The price was raised few months later by congress.

Ache din agayeeeeee....... age age dekho

UPA govt would have never taken this decision.
Dude, It needs a MODI to do what is NECESSARY for the Country :D

While UPA was giving freebies to everyone :disagree:

P.S. Marriage ka kya hua?

I understand its an important step.. But people here criticised UPA government for petrol hike and for taking out subsidies..Just find it funny..

Marriage will be on next month.. insha allah .. Talks are going on.. Dates are almost fixed.. 10th and 14th :)

I understand its an important step.. But people here criticised UPA government for petrol hike and for taking out subsidies..Just find it funny..

Atleast not me......prove me wrong if you can :D

Marriage will be on next month.. insha allah .. Talks are going on.. Dates are almost fixed.. 10th and 14th :)

Bhai dharm bhi change kar liya??? :D

More people criticised UPA for schemes like cheap food than fuel price hike.

10402509_10201700665069419_6740488481749482038_n.jpg

10389515_10201700665549431_5806775543355778895_n.jpg

Yes!!

No.. Most people criticised UPA blindly for each and everything :D :D
Not really. Although UPA 2 rarely gave a chance to praise, it was praised when deserved. Most were supporting the policy adopted after diplomat scandal. The defence budget hike, 2 divisions in NE, many other foreign policy decisions, the plans of industrial corridor and new cities surrounding it, many more. On economic front, it was a failure and criticised. Related to topic, despite the condition of railway, UPA dragged on low prices for long. Even the hike was not in parallel to condition of railway and fuel price hike. It wasn't until the rupee came tumbling down it realized to curb in freebies and take some tight measures. That too, under threat of a downgraded rating.

It is not our fault that each decision of UPA seemed like dropping the country in a bigger ditch. People here would not mind tough decisions. You can go through previous threads like this:
How to Make India’s Railways Safer

Rarely anyone opposes price hike by UPA, if it was there.

Forget the railways .... BJP proposed to hike prices of each cigarette by Rs3.50 :hitwall:
Answer to your misery: Kick the butt! QED!

As for me, I care a fook! It's too late to stop.

How I was then:
smoking-030.gif

How I am now:
smoking-dope-019.gif

The future:
old-025.gif

But what the hell.......

Back
Top Bottom